- Nasdaq Holds Closed Door Event to Discuss Policing Crypto
- Google Play Bans all Cryptocurrency Mining Apps. "We don't allow apps that mine cryptocurrency on devices. We permit apps that remotely manage the mining of cryptocurrency."
- GOOGLE CLOUD - Building a better cloud with our partners at Next ‘18
- Uber Co-Founder and ETrade Alum Launch No-Fee Cryptocurrency Trading
- Japan cryptocurrency industry moves to cap margin trading. Proposed 4-to-1 limit would shield investors from wild price swings.
- U.S. Investors Not Biting on Bitcoin, but Many Intrigued. Recent survey report.
- TransferGo adds cryptocurrencies to remittance app. The trading of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, XRP and Litecoin is now available through the TransferGo app.
- Bitcoin ETF Rejection
- SEC disapproved an application filed by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to launch an exchange-traded fund (ETF) product that tracks the price of bitcoin.
- Commissioner Hester M. Peirce in her public statement of dissent argues, "I am concerned that the Commission’s approach undermines investor protection by precluding greater institutionalization of the bitcoin market. More institutional participation would ameliorate many of the Commission’s concerns with the bitcoin market that underlie its disapproval order. "
- Vitalik's view on the matter
Ethereum Launched on July 30, 2015. The vision of a censorship-proof ‘world computer’ that anyone can program, paying exclusively for what they use and nothing more, is now a reality.
Ether issuance reduction in Constantinople coin vote (Reddit).
SCAM ALERT! "Ethereum Funds Recovery for ETH Losers" is an attempt to steal your private key and ether. Be safe out there!
Other Blockchain News
- Block.one Receives Investment Money from Peter Thiel and Bitmain. EOS, Block.one's first project, raised $4 billion during its ICO.
- Understanding Bitcoin transaction details by BitWarrior
Shasper - Casper+Sharding chain v2.1. In this protocol, there is a central PoS chain which stores and manages the current set of active PoS validators. The only mechanism available to become a validator initially is to send a transaction on the existing PoW main chain containing 32 ETH. When you do so, as soon as the PoS chain processes that block, you will be queued, and eventually inducted as an active validator until you either voluntarily deregister or you are forcibly deregistered as a penalty for misbehavior.
STARKs, Part 3: Into the Weeds by Vitalik Buterin
- A Plasma Cash Primer by Simon de la Rouviere
- Ethereum Sharding Biweekly Development Update # 9 — Prysmatic Labs
Casper Stand up call #61
- Reddit discussion about Casper FFG's delay
- ELI30 differences between Casper and Ouroboros?
EthereumJS VM v2.4.0 (Partial Constantinople Support) + Recap July 2018 - Vinay Pulim from Brooklyn, New York is official team lead for our client project.
Open Source Web3Design Livestream #2
- web3j (v3.5.0) - The Community Release
- web3.js 1.0.0-beta.35
- First Polkadot parachain deployed on a local testnet with the same logic as the Krumme Lanke PoC-2 Testnet.
Good Reads on Blockchain
- How to mine Ethereum on your PC by Varun Datta
- Fat Protocols vs Fat Dapps vs Fat Wallets - Which crypto thesis would you pick? by Jeremy Liew
- State of Stablecoins, 2018 by Nathan Sexer explains why digital assets are essential to the emerging decentralized economy.
- Creating Smart Contracts with Smart Contract by Jackson Ng
- What is a light client and why you should care? by Thibaut Sardan from Parity team.
- ERC 20 vs ERC 223 vs ERC 777: A comparison between Ethereum token standards
- How to create a notary on the Ethereum blockchain — Part 2
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- DappCon Berlin Videos
- Joseph Lubin: People Said Ethereum Could Not Be Done, but It Is a Remarkable Success
- MyShield - MyShield is an innovative decentralized anti-scam platform.
- AligatoCoin - A new dimension to ecommerce.
- Ubex - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE in Advertising.
- FoMo3D - How to PWN FoMo3D, a beginners guide by Péter Szilágyi
- BitVit - A holistic health concept focuses all world health knowledge under one roof.
- Pipeline: A Visual IDE for Solidity Smart Contracts. Video
Project updates and Press Release
- Fluzcoin as a protocol for private currency and loyalty on the blockchain
- Adding ENS into your Dapp
- ChainLink partners with Accord to provide secure, decentralized oracles for legal smart contracts.
- Into the Blockchain: Brave with MetaMask
- Swarm Fund Partners with MakerDAO to Bring Dai Token to Platform
- Retrospective on the Temporary Removal of MetaMask From the Chrome Web Store
- Deploying and distributing Aragon Core. How to deploy and distribute a censorship-resistant upgradeable dApp?
- Introducing the Infura Dashboard
- Status - Beta Update 0.9.23 — iPad ready
- Decentraland - Genesis Content: Funding the Future of Blockchain Gaming
- Zilliqa Project Update #13
- OpenLaw Explainer: The Future of Law
- Augur Weekly Update — July 25th
- district0x - Name Bazaar Progress Update
- An overview of a computation’s lifecycle in Golem
- MakerDao- Increasing the Dai Stability Fee. On August 26 the Maker Foundation Risk Team will hold an executive vote to increase the stability fee for Dai from 0.5% to 2.5%. If approved by the community of MKR holders, the new rate will go into effect on August 26, giving CDP holders a one month warning period.
- Status- Announces Technology Partnership with FOAM
Trading & Mining
- What we accomplished at Coinbase in Q2 2018
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore) rolled out first round of acceptances on July 13, 2018. Check out your dashboard to RSVP for ETHIndia within five days. If you didn't receive an acceptance email yet, don't worry, as they'll be doing more round in coming weeks.
- September 6, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians - Gathering of Security Community
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics. apply for the ETHBerlin hackathon. Applications close on August 10th.
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon.
- October 22–24, 2018 - Web3 Summit in Funkhaus, Berlin.
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform.
- IDMoney Token sale starts July 01, 2018 - August 31, 2018.
- Save Environment Token Token sale starts September 05, 2018.
- ORBIS - Onging Token sale till October 29, 2018.
- MyShield - Token registration has commenced.
- AligatoCoin - Token sale start from July 29, 2018 - August 30, 2018
- Ubex - Onging Token sale till August 13, 2018
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________