Quote of the week
"Money right now comes from governments, but we're on the cusp of a new era where money will come from the people," Galia Benartzi, Bancor Co-founder.
Mastercard Wants to Patent a Fractional Reserve Cryptocurrency Bank
New HTC Phone Can Only Be Bought With Bitcoin And Ethereum
"Blockchain for Sustainable Development”, a session on blockchain @United Nation
China has officially launched the “Blockchain Test Zone” in Hainan. Circulation and the Payment of Bitcoin in China is Not Illegal
Japan Approves Self-Regulation for Cryptocurrency Industry
India's first bitcoin ATM seized by police, Unocoin's co-founder held.
WBTC: A Community Effort to Bring Bitcoin to Ethereum
A Sting ops on Crypto News Outlet - a story on the appalling pay-to-play schemes that crypto news outlets are willing to engage in, profiting as their readers unwittingly buy coins that have been misleadingly promoted.
Other blockchain news
- Zcash turns TWO years old today
- CLI v0.13.0.4 'Beryllium Bullet' released! Reduces Monero Fee to 0.0001 XMR at many exchanges like Bittrex, Binance, Bitfinex and Poloniex.
- A talk on Monero with Benedikt Bünz, author of Bulletproofs.
- update to Sia v1.3.7! The hard fork will activate on October 31. Video
Tether destroyed 500M USDt from the Tether treasury wallet.
- Hyperledger Fabric Now Supports Ethereum
- Sneak Peek: Devcon4 Agenda (draft)
- Ethereum Community Tours in Prague! Would you like to experience the city but not losing a valuable second to meet all of the amazing crypto people that came to town for Devcon? Well, guess what?! Thanks to Devcon volunteers you can be guided thought the tangled streets of the Old town by a fellow community member (thanks Hedvika & Vlad) for free!
- Beacon chain proof of concept implementations talking to each other can be realized as soon as March 2019
- Yoichi finally moved on to a new project.
Launch a blockchain in minutes with Substrate, arriving November 2018. Substrate gives blockchain innovators the framework for maximum freedom with minimal effort. It is highly customisable, adaptable, and made by blockchain developers for blockchain developers. It allows developers to focus their effort on the thing they care most about — the state transition function — while providing them with the networking, consensus and security as well as an upgrade path to interoperability with Polkadot.
Incentive Analysis of Casper the Friendly Finality Gadget as a PoW/PoS Hybrid Using PRESTO by Vitalik Buterin Daniel Reijsbergen and Georgios Piliouras
Casper CBC lite via committees
Lighthouse Update #02
State on Constantinople - Release v6.0.0-beta.1 for Ethereum Consensus Tests. Updates by u/HolgerD77
Plasma Implementers Call #16: 🔮 Cashflow 🔮 Leap
Plasma Implementers Call #17: (R)eally (S)uper (A)wesome Episode
How You Can Become a PlasmaChain Delegator, and Help Put the ‘D’ in ‘DPoS’
Ethereum 2.0 (Casper+Sharding)
- What’s New in Eth2 - 22 October 2018 by Ben Edgington
- Detailed overview of Ethereum 2.0 shard chains: Committees, Proposers and Attesters by Alexander Skidanov
"Sharding Ethereum and Beyond" moderated by Ivan Bogatyy from MetaStable Capital
Getting Started with zkSnarks on ZoKrates
- Pantheon: Ethereum JAVA client meetup on October 23, 2018
- Settle: A web native operating system for decentralized finance. Launching on Nov. 12, 2018.
- EthPM: Reusable smart contract packages
- WePower/Elering Nationwide Energy Experiment Results Revealed
- Iuno: Decentralized Banking as a Service. Reddit
- Quisquis: A New Design for Anonymous Cryptocurrencies.
- Continuous Organizations:
Reinventing the financial incentives of organizations using Bonding Curves. An organization that sets up a Decentralized Autonomous Trust (DAT) and gives it value by funneling part or all of its present or future cash-flows to it.Whitepaper
Announcing OpenZeppelin 2.0. Check out step-by-step guide to OpenZeppelin-eth, the EVM package implementation of OpenZeppelin 2.0
Status Version 0.9.30 Release - Extensions, ENS Names, and more!
Raiden Network Web Application Demo.
Brass Golem Beta 0.18.0. Joanna Rutkowska joins Golem as Chief Strategy/Security Officer
uPort Libraries 1.0
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
The Dogethereum Revolution Will Not Be Centralized by Jeff Benson.
"People don't realize how close the tech is to being ready" - Vitalik & Balaji Srinivasan at ETHSF
Bob Summerwill On ETC & ETH Cooperating
- Governance Panel with Vlad Zamfir, Gavin Wood, Arthur Breitman & Adrian Brink
- Decentralization in the Information Age by Aeron Buchanan
- Genesis to Exodus: The Journey to the First Crypto Phone by Phil Chen
- Post Maximalism with Amir Taaki & Ashley Tyson
- Now That Capital is No Longer the Scarce Resource by Ryan Zurrer
Interview - Austin Griffith by TokenPoint
Stani Kulechov, the CEO and Founder of Aave and ETHLend join Dapp.com. AMA with Aave Founder and CEO.
Blockchain good reads
How to Participate in Blockchain Governance in Good Faith (and with Good Manners) by Vlad Zamfir
- Cryptoeconomics - 2.0 - Network models and double spends
- Cryptoeconomics - 2.1 - Networks and Synchrony
Understanding ProgPoW - Performance and Tuning
State of Ethereum Protocol #2: The Beacon Chain by Ben Edgington
Building a decentralized exchange using snarks by Ethereum Research
Only 3 opecodes are needed to build DEX on Plasma Chain
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
Bitfinex updated bfx-hf-algo to version 1.0.4, and with it comes a new algorithmic order type: Ping/Pong - A New HF Algorithmic Order
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs
- October 26-28, 2018: Status hackathon (Prague)
- October 29, 2018: Decentralized Insurance D1Conf (Prague)
- October 29, 2018: SWARM mini-summit (Prague)
- October 29, 2018: EthMagicians Council of Prague
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- October 30, 2018: Parity + Polkadot Prague Devcon Meetup
- November 01, 2018: Blockchains LLC Global Launch Event at Prague
- November 02, 2018: Metamask plans to release breaking change to commemorate the EIP proposing this change, EIP-1102.
- November 3-4, 2018: PegaSys Enterprise Ethereum hackathon (Prague)
- November 8-9, 2018: BLOCKCHAIN BUDAPEST, B-DAY 2.0 , Bálna, Budapest, HUNGARY
- November 8-9, 2018: Stable Conf @ BLOCKCHAIN BUDAPEST - discussing only stable coin topics Bálna, Budapest, HUNGARY
- November 9-13, 2018:Blockspot 2018, LISBON, PORTUGAL
- November 14, 2018 :BlockScout - Open Source EVM Blockchain Explorer
- November 14-16, 2018: Decentralized Divani Caravel, Athens, Greece. Registration Open.
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: ETHSingapore
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 15-17, 2018: ETH Denver.
Ongoing projects ICO
Read more: Earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________