- US Rep. invites industry leaders to attend a Sept. 25 forum on Capitol Hill to discuss and weigh ICO regulation.
- India Bitconnect Head Arrested and accused of bilking millions of dollars (Rs 88,000 crore) from Indian investors seeking to find financial refuge during the government’s demonetization campaign.
- Microsoft Looks to Trusted Computing for Blockchain Security Boost
- Thai SEC disclosed the list of 7 digital asset applicants (five exchanges and two dealers) who could continue their business operations in accordance with the Transitional Provisions during the SEC's consideration.
- Jamaica Stock Exchange explores cryptocurrencies
- Venezuela will use the crypto currency (Petro) for a monetary reconversion as an accounting unit starting next Monday.
Other blockchain news
- You Can Now Get Paid (a Little) for Using Bitcoin's Lightning Network
- Marlowe in Cardano Explained
- Launching the Oraclize service on EOS
- A tweet storm explaining the history and state of Ethereum's Casper research by Vitalik.
- ECF and ETHPrize band together to help fund Universal Logins for Ethereum Demo
- Ethereum Foundation Grants Update - Wave 3
- The golang implementation of Ethereum (Geth) surpassed 20000 stars on #github.
- Enabling Fast Withdrawals for Faulty Plasma Chains
- Plasma Challenge Bond Pricing Concerns
- Batch auctions on Plasma
- Plasma bridge between chains
- Casper Standup Call#64
- Censorship detectors via 99% fault tolerant consensus
- Casper FFG and light clients.
Good Reads on Blockchain
- How to get real-time updates from Ethereum in your favorite apps - Ethereum + Zapier
- Improving the Ethereum Developer Ecosystem with Libraries by Daniel Que, Co-Founder of CryptoFin.
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Interview: MakerDAO CEO Rune Christensen Talks Stablecoins
- Me token: The Social Commerce Revolution
- MakerDAO and Wyre announced a partnership.
- MakerDAO and Wyre Give Businesses Immediate Access to Dai Stablecoin in Over Thirty Countries, Including U.S.A.
- Columbia Journalism Review profiles Civil
- Airswap Introducing Conversational OTC Trading
- 0x monthly dev update
- Grid+ Domestic Market Expansion
- Toshi as Coinbase Wallet — the easiest and most secure crypto wallet and browser
- Aragon Q2 dev update
- Loom Network’s Zombie Battleground is in private alpha
- Gnosis on getting to 100% decentralized exchanges
- Ocean Protocol v0.1 testnet release
Trading & Mining
Cryptocurrency Startup Swarm Is Selling Tokens Backed by Robinhood Shares
Uber Co-Founder and ETrade Alum Launch No-Fee Cryptocurrency Trading
Ethereum Classic Jumps 15% Ahead of Today's Coinbase Launch
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs
- August 24-26, 2018: Loom hackathon (Oslo, Norway)
- September 6, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians - Gathering of Security Community
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics.
- September 7-9, 2018: WyoHackathon 2018
- September 8, 2018: Ethereum Industry Summit (Hong Kong)
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- September 15-16, 2018: Kiev DappDev hackathon
- September 21-23, 2018: EthAtlanta hackathon at Atlanta Tech Park.
- October 1-2, 2018: SWELL by Ripple. President Bill Clinton is one of the keynote speakers.
- October 3-4, 2018: CryptoSprings
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco. Applications are officially open.
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon.
- October 11, 2018: Crypto Economics Security Conf (Berkeley)
- October 17-18, 2018: Crypto Games Conference at Minsk, Belarus.
- October 22–24, 2018 : Web3 Summit in Funkhaus, Berlin.
- Oct 26-28, 2018: Status hackathon (Prague)
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform.
- C3C Protocol : August 25, 2018 - September 30, 2018
- Save Environment Token:Token sale starts September 05, 2018.
- MyShield : Token registration has commenced.
- Ubex : Onging Token sale till August 13, 2018
- IDMoney :July 01, 2018 - August 31, 2018.
- AligatoCoin : July 29, 2018 - August 30, 2018
- INCODIUM : July 17, 2018 - August 27, 2018.
- ORBIS : Onging Token sale till October 29, 2018.
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________