- Gray Glacier Expected on June 29th, Upgrade Clients Now!
- EF Seeking Proposals for Staking Operator Documentation
- Nethermind's Warp 2.0 finally here!
- Sepolia Beacon Chain live now!
- ETH Infra Matching Pool funded by $500K
- Add Support for Personal Package Archive installation
- PEEPanEIP#74 on EIP-4400 by Ethereum Cat Herders
Gray Glacier Expected on June 29th, Upgrade Clients Now!
Ethereum EL Gray Glacier Upgrade (hard fork) is expected to happen on June 29th. Beacon Chain Stakers should upgrade their EL client soon. Here is quick docs for someone who has no idea on Ethereum Gray Glacier Upgrade by EW Team.
Gray Glacier Upgrade— EtherWorld (@ether_world) June 17, 2022
ETA on #Ethereum mainnet - Block 15,050,000 on Wednesday, June 29, 2022.
If you are a #miner or a #node operator or #infrastructure provider; upgrade your Ethereum client node with latest specs. #upgrade #GrayGlacier #IceAge
EF Seeking Proposals for Staking Operator Documentation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is seeking proposals from technical experts to create better documentation for staking operators. Technical documentation is needed to help up-skill existing operators from hobbyists, and smaller staking operators to a professional level.
This documentation should focus on high-level guidance rather than step-by-step instructions to ensure that operators continue to function with a diversity of setup. The aim of this documentation is to increase the number of professional staking operators available to the Ethereum community to complement and expand various staking protocols.
Submissions expected by July 8th.
Nethermind's Warp 2.0 is finally here!
Warp brings Solidity to StarkNet, making it possible to transpile Ethereum smart contracts to StarkNet Cairo Contracts. Warp 2.0 allows for transpilation directly from Solidity to Cairo.
- Warp 1: Solidity -> yul -> Cairo
- Warp 2: Solidity -> Cairo
As a result, Code readability and Contract efficiency are improved.
Sepolia Beacon Chain is now Live!
Here is quick docs for someone who has no idea about Sepolia Testnet Merge by EW Team.
ETH Infra Matching Pool funded by $500K
𝚂𝚌𝚘𝚝𝚝 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚛𝚎, Ben West, TimBeiko, trent.eth, and other people form Ethereum community worked to curate the 24 grants live now in the "ETH Infra" matching pool. Coinbase, Yearn and Polygon have funded around $500K to this pool.
Add Support for Personal Package Archive installation
superphiz.eth has asked all five Consensus clients to implement PPA installation to enable simple installation like
sudo apt install teku.
This is because current available installation methods require downloading and installing packages from github or docker, but these installation methods require significant effort on behalf of the user. Ethereum maintains a PPA and geth is currently most-easily installed using this method.
If other clients adopt the PPA installation method it will significantly reduce the effort required to install a Consensus client and enable people with limited technical ability to quickly and easily upgrade their consensus client using standard apt repositories.
Here are 5 Github issues created by superphiz.eth:
- Add PPA installation method for lighthouse packages #2082
- Add support for Personal Package Archive (PPA) installation of teku #5821
- Add support for Personal Package Archive (PPA) installation of Nimbus #3782
- PPA installation for prysm packages #8092
- Add support for Personal Package Archive (PPA) installation of Lodestar #4177
PEEPanEIP#74 on EIP-4400 by Ethereum Cat Herders
Recording on the EIP-4400, i.e., ERC-721 Interface extension for consumer role with danielivanov.eth is available now.
Read more about Ethereum in previous Bulletins - Ethereum Bulletin
- Ropsten testnet is all set for The Merge
- Ethereum Rinkeby Testnet deprecated
- MEV in DeFi
- Ethereum Merge Kiln Testnet
- Ethereum Testnets after The Merge
- Ethereum Merge Kiln Testnet
- Ethereum Mainnet Shadow Forking: An Overview
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates and guest posts with us, please email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!