- FinHub by SEC - Request Form for FinTech-Related Meetings and Other Assistance
- Fidelity announces new company to bring cryptocurrency for institutional investors
- US Marshal - Approximately 660 bitcoins for sale.
- G4S CRYPTOCURRENCY: SECURE VAULT STORAGE IN THE WILD WEST
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak Becomes the Co-founder of EQUI Global
- Gibraltar Gov’t Launches Advisory Group to Develop Blockchain-Related Educational Courses
- North Korean hacker crew steals $571M in cryptocurrency across 5 attacks
Other blockchain news
- Sia coin set to Fork on October 31. Sia Proof-of-Work Reset
- NGD (Neo) Announces Research Partnership with Arqit
- Telegram Plans to Launch Test Version of Its Blockchain Platform TON this Autumn
- No Connection Required: How One Dev Sent Bitcoin While Off the Grid
- Constantinople mainnet HF pushed to January 2019. ProgPOW could be included. Next AllCoreDevs on Nov. 9. STOP pressuring the core devs.
- Issues discovered in the Ropsten Constantinople hard fork by Lane Rettig.
- Ethereum Foundation Grants Update - Wave IV. NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR WAVE V
- Announcing dc⟠ıv Sponsors and Supporters! This year they have "Scholarship Sponsors" to support students to join, and Community Sponsors to support smaller teams and nonprofits.
- What the EEA and Hyperledger Collaboration Means for Enterprise Blockchain Development
- Geth is the 5th fastest growing open source project on GitHub
- True drone autonomy enabled by blockchain built on Ethereum.
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting Constantinople Session 2
Plasma Cash: Towards more efficient Plasma constructions
Suggested average-case improvements to reduce capital costs of being a Casper validator
State Channel Researchers Call #5
Ethereum 2.0 (Casper+Sharding)
Sharding Talk at Blockchain@Berkeley - Alex Skidanov
Open Source Block Explorers #16
- ethers.js — Version 4.0 Release
- EXCOLONY: to provide compatibility between all transaction bodies around the world and create an ecosystem which allows real-time transactions and data sharing with low cost.
- RISE: developing sophisticated algorithmic trading technology using the latest artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) systems.
- An Introduction to the Block-Lattice - The technology that solves the problems of today’s blockchains
- MixEth - Trustless coin mixing service for Ethereum
- Peepeth is now free
- Giveth in the DecentralizeNOW
- Raiden Network [GIT] Weekly Update 37
- Raiden Transport - Token transfers in the Raiden Network are performed via multiple messages which are sent between the nodes.
- POA Network partners with MakerDAO on xDai Chain, the first ever USD-Stable Blockchain!
- Token Card (TKN) and Short Address Attack Mitigation
- Ujo Music - Introducing Digital, Collectible, Patronage Badges
- Rocket Pool 2.0 — The Next Generation. New whitepaper for Rocket Pool 2.0 — a decentralised staking infrastructure service for Ethereum 2.0.
- New Brave Browser Release Available for General Download on Brave.com. Redesigned Chromium-based desktop version
replaces previous Muon-based browser and delivers 22% faster load time.
- AGP-1: The Aragon Governance Proposal Process. [Request For Comment]
- Status Alpha extensions support in nightlies
- Swarm City - Episode3
- Colony Q4 2018 Update
- Increasing Action On Your Gitcoin Bounty. How to put your Gitcoin contributors to productive use
- Ticketmaster Dives Head-First into Blockchain with Acquisition
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Gitcoin – Aligning Incentives in Open-Source Development
- Open Finance on Ethereum with Dharma, 0x, Maker, Compound, and Coinbase - ETHSanFrancisco
- AMA with Yan Zhu (Brave)
- Chat with Richard Craib from Numerai
- Barry Silbert on Wall Street and Crytpo
- peter_szilagyi's Hungarian slides from the talk recently given on , "The cypherpunk endgame: The reign of our virtual creations".
Blockchain good reads
What's the Relationship Between Gold And Bitcoin?
Healthcare System Could Benefit from Blockchain Technology Says Philips Research Lead
Lessons Learned Squatting ENS Domains
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- A First Look at the Grid+ Lattice1 Hardware Wallet
- MyCrypto Release 1.4.0
- open sourcing Salus, a tool used at Coinbase to coordinate security scanning across their services.
- Coinbase expands with [new Dublin office](Coinbase expands with new Dublin office)
- Coinbase's Adam White joins Bakkt as Chief Operating Officer in November. “Bakkt will provide the first Federally regulated, physical delivery price discovery contract for the digital currency market.” - @Bakkt CEO Kelly Loeffler
- The Gemini dollar (GUSD) is now officially listed on @BitZExchange
- Bancor (#BNT) listed on Poloniex
- Kyber Network - coingecko has integrated KyberWidget to enable instant decentralized token swaps, allowing visitors to exchange tokens directly in the site.
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs
AMA Devcon4 Organizing Team - Ask Us Anything!
October 22–24, 2018 : Web3 Summit in Funkhaus, Berlin.
October 24-25, 2018:Winding Tree hackathon (Prague)
October 25-26, 2018: STABLE CONF LONDON 2018 , Kings Place, London, UK
October 26-28, 2018: Status hackathon (Prague)
October 29, 2018: Decentralized Insurance D1Conf (Prague)
October 29, 2018: SWARM mini-summit (Prague)
October 29, 2018: EthMagicians Council of Prague
October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
October 30, 2018: Parity + Polkadot Prague Devcon Meetup
November 01, 2018: Blockchains LLC Global Launch Event at Prague
November 02, 2018: Metamask plans to release breaking change to commemorate the EIP proposing this change, EIP-1102.
November 3-4, 2018: PegaSys Enterprise Ethereum hackathon (Prague)
November 8-9, 2018: BLOCKCHAIN BUDAPEST, Bálna, Budapest, HUNGARY
November 9-13, 2018:Blockspot 2018, LISBON, PORTUGAL
November 14-16, 2018: Decentralized Divani Caravel, Athens, Greece. Registration Open.
DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: ETHSingapore
January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
February 15-17, 2018: ETH Denver. Accepting applications in 11 days...
- SECURITIES COMMISSIONER ISSUES ORDERS AGAINST 3 MORE COMPANIES PROMOTING INITIAL COIN OFFERINGS IN NORTH DAKOTA
Ongoing projects ICO
Read more: Earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.