SEC opens Comments on Cboe BZX Rulemaking
US Judge Delays Crypto Fraud Ruling Pending CFTC Response
FINANCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE Hearing entitled “The Future of Money: Digital Currency” on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:00 PM in 2128 Rayburn HOB
Delaware Awards $738,000 Blockchain Contract to IBM
Google co-founder Sergey Brin says he is mining ethereum with his son.
Venezuelan Buys 300 Kilos of Food with Just 61 Nanos, Starts Adopt a Family Movement
Philippines Becoming a Cryptocurrency Hub; Two New Exchanges get approved
The Pirate Bay notifying users that XMR will be mined using their CPU
"Whats a day like in the life as an EF/Ethereum researcher?" , an interesting thread on reddit. Very few people have titles. Vitalik technically has the title of chief scientist and Aya is the Executive Director. "The Ethereum Foundation is a really fun and rewarding place to work :)", says Souptacular, the moderator of Ethereum Core Dev Meeting.
Plasma for issuing national currencies -
"Plasma implementations being almost ready :)
The base layer for a central bank currency having $5 txfees is ok; it is after all only a settlement layer"
"I'd obviously recommend ERC20, but launch with some well-functioning Plasma chains. Maybe each commercial bank could run one?" said Vitalik Buterin.
Proposed Constantinople Timeline
* Finalize EIPs that are being implemented: July 13th
* Client implementation: July 16th - August 13th
* Testing: August 13th - September 10th
* Testnet: September 10th - October 1st
* Launch: October 8th
This is not final and there will likely be changes.
PegasysEng is planning on releasing Java, open source, mainnet-compatible Ethereum client, Pantheon, at @EFDevcon 4.
Implementation of Nick Johnson's Offchain Auction Crowdsale
Other Blockchain News
- Litecoin Foundation decided to acquire a 9.9% stake in a German bank.
- Bitcoin Cash Network Highly Centralized, 49% of all Nodes Run on Alibaba’s Facilities: Bitpico
- StellarX - Full-featured trading app for Stellar’s universal marketplace.
- Nemchange - Buy and sell NEM-based tokens (mosaics) #nemchange.
- NEO Blockchain Game Development Competition is in full swing. @NEO_Blockchain @NewEconoLab More than 160 teams have signed up for the competition.
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #42 [07/13/18]
- Ethereum Sharding Biweekly Development Update #8 — Prysmatic Labs
- Justin Drake’s latest sharding slides
- A post to support EIP 999 - "Proposed Path Towards Ether Fund Recovery" By Ryan Zurrer
EIP1218: Simpler alternative to BLOCKHASH extension (#210)
ERC1202: Voting standard
ERC1214: another token upgradeability standard
ERC1203: multi-class token standard.
ERC1207: DAuth Access Delegation standard
ERC1211: Common Ownership Self-Assessed Tax (COST) interface
Good Reads on Blockchain
Tari Labs University - Build a learning platform and populate it with content.
Beginners Guide on Blockchain Security Attacks Part 1
Slides on "A path to Ethereum 2.0" by Ben Edgington
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Consensys Ethereum at IIT Delhi slides by Jérôme de Tychey
- Open Source Incentivization and Sustainability with OSCoin podcast on Zero Knowledge
- Joseph Lubin's 'Me, Myself, and Ethereum' keynote from the RISE Conference in Hong Kong yesterday
- Joe Lubin – The Future is Decentralized, and Why Decision-Making is a “Big, Fuzzy, Hairy, and Messy Thing”
- Moksha Coin - Bounties Network is Launching Moksha Coin at ETHIndia to Expand Community Engagement in Asia.
- MyCryptoBank - Cryptobank for cryptocommunity.
Project updates and Press Release
- Bancor get hacked for $21m
- update on the security breach. No user wallets have been compromised in the attack
- Co-Founders @galiabenartzi and @eyal speak on CNBC.
- The Road Ahead
- Augur Weekly Update
- Mainnet launch
- Augur App Release v1.0.2
- Grid+ Preparing for Alpha Launch
- MakerDAO Governance Risk Framework
- Kyber Network update. Token to Token swaps are now possible on the KyberSwap platform.
- Zilliqa Project Update
- Aragon - On Signaling and Social Pressure
- Polkadot - announced a new chat dedicated to discussing Substrate, a framework for building standalone blockchains today that will also make it easy to connect to Polkadot in the future.
- Initial staging chain for @polkadotnetwork PoC-2 test net is live and working
- OmiseGo - Community Update — July 2018
- OmiseGO's research implementation of Minimal Viable Plasma
- Plasma Cash Chain
- Opera is now a web3 wallet. Adds Ethereum support to its mobile wallet.
- Brave Passes 3 Million Monthly Active Users and Makes Top 10 List in the Play Store in 21 Countries
Out of the league
- Crypto Science Fair Project
- Building of the National Bank of Slovakia
- Waltonchain Global Super Master Node Recruitment Program
- Cointelegraph has launched a listings platform for jobs in the crypto and blockchain industries.
Trading & Mining
- Coinbase is Exploring Cardano, Basic Attention Token, Stellar Lumens, Zcash, and 0x. Underway with engineering work to add Ethereum Classic (ETC) and it is proceeding.
- Bar Raisers At Coinbase
- Kraken has been contemplating the exploration of maybe adding over 1600 new coins.
- RobinhoodCrypto added Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash
- VeChainThor mobile Wallet is trending at #3 in Finance on Google Play
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
ConsenSys Academy Developers Course Notes
Devcon4 Wave 1 Tickets sold out in 18 minutes.
Status Announcing 2nd Community Competition. The meme-off will run for 2 weeks ending on July 17th 12:00PM EST.
July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
July 20-22 2018: Bitfinex Hackathon, London
July 24-26, 2018: NIFTY Conference + Hackathon in Hong Kong
July 26-27, 2018: Satoshi United in Singapore
July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore) rolled out first round of acceptances on July 13, 2018. Check out your dashboard to RSVP for ETHIndia within five days. If you didn't receive an acceptance email yet, don't worry, as they'll be doing more round in coming weeks.
September 6, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians - Gathering of Security Community
September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics. apply for the ETHBerlin hackathon. Applications close on August 10th.
September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon.
October 22–24, 2018 - Web3 Summit in Funkhaus, Berlin.
October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform.
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- IDMoney Token sale starts July 01, 2018 - August 31, 2018.
- Save Environment Token Token sale starts September 05, 2018.
- ORBIS - Onging Token sale till October 29, 2018.
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________