Brazil may write new laws with data stored on the Ethereum blockchain
Facebook Investor and PayPal Co-founder Peter Thiel Bets Big on Bitcoin – and Wins
Viant, GSK partner for blockchain in pharmaceuticals
China’s Largest Bitcoin Exchange Heads to Japan and South Korea With Major Bank Deal
Popular Chrome extension is secretly mining cryptocurrency.
Ripple Gateways Can Freeze Users’ Funds at Any Time
Microsoft Halts Bitcoin Transactions Because It's An "Unstable Currency"
Royal Bank of Canada highlights the positive developments of Segregated Witness and Lightning Network for Bitcoin scalability
Litecoin plans to reduce actual min fee to 0.0001 LTC/kb ($0.03/kb). Charliee Lee proposes Litecoin with a soft fork that will let miners signal their min accepted fee in the block header. This will let a fee market develop without having us decide what the min fee is. Will also make it easier for users to estimate fees.
- Ethereum updates - Q4 Round Up, scalability R&D subsidy programs, website redesigning
- Ethereum Yellow Paper is now placed under the Creative Commons Free Culture License CC-BY-SA.
- If Ethereum suddenly dies (goes to 0$ ) Will all of the tokens built on the Ethereum platform also die? A discussion at reddit
- There are still >200 Million $ unclaimed funds in the DAO refund contracts. Re-check if you still have a balance in one of them!
- Everything you need to know about ConsenSys hubs and spokes.
- Call-out assurance contracts by Vitalik Buterin
- ERC809: Renting Standard for Rival, Non-Fungible Tokens
- EIP 777 - A New Advanced Token Standard
Good Reads on Blockchain
- 18 Blockchain Predictions for 2018 by Andrew Keys, ConsenSys
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- When New Tech and Dated Policies Collide: a Conversation with Vitalik Buterin
- Most Influential in Blockchain 2017 #5: Joe Lubin
- Interview with Microsoft's Marley Gray
New Projects and White Paper
- Digitex - Commission-Free Bitcoin Futures Trading
- Digital Asset Calculator - It provides your tokens net value anytime, anywhere.
Project updates and Press Release
Polymath unveils securities token platform (Press Release)
DNN Begins Whitelisting For Public Sale
Request Network project update - Release of the JS library, on the road to Request Great Wall
Decentraland Project Updates
Melon Dev Update
Aragon Team Update
Toshi: A Dapp Browser for the Ethereum Network
TRON Reached Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Game.com
Total market cap now over 800,000,000,000 dollars!
ETH doing more transactions than all other chains combined (update 4 jan)
The Gibraltar Stock Exchange joins the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
Coinbase - No decision to add additional assets to either GDAX or Coinbase.
Litecoin Opendime Hardware Wallets introduced - Opendime is a small USB stick that allows you to spend Litecoin like a dollar bill. Pass it along multiple times. Connect to any USB to check balance. Unseal anytime to spend online. Trust no one. Video
BitPay Invoices Will Soon Require Payment Protocol for Bitcoin Transactions
BTC.com wallet is rolling out Segwit - goodbye high fees!
- Bug Bounty (Up to $1,000 in ETH) - Crowdsale contract - Ethorse
Ripple is hiring.
- Engineering Manager
- Senior Software Engineer, Ripple API
- Sr Software Engineer-Java
- Finally! A use case for fiat money.
- January 7-12, 2018: EURO TECH WEEK at LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
- January 9, 2018: ConsenSys & Blockchain EXE present: Smart homes & Smart contracts - Meetup Ney York City, CES to Hold Digital Money Forum in Las Vegas
- January 15-16, 2018: World Crypto Economic Forum at
South San Francisco Conference Center
- January 16, 2018: ConsenSys Ethereum Meetup Dubai
- January 26, 2018: Blockchain Connect – San Francisco
- February 1, 2018: Consensys Meetup at Paris
- Feb 4-6, 2018: BLOCKCHAIN ECONOMIC FORUM 2018 at Singapore
- Feb 16 - 18, 2018: ETHDenver (Hackathon + Workshop)
- ICO or Token Sale Calendar
- New DAICO (by Vitalik) scheme for Tokensales at Reddit- Designing the “Fair ICO”
- A report by TokenData
ICOs ended 2017 on a high by raising more than one billion dollars ($1.2B) in December, bringing total capital raised to $5.6B. It's safe to say that this has exceeded everyone's expectations.
Key statistics for 2017:
- USD Raised: $5,596 Million*
- No. of Completed & Reported ICOs: 442
- Average Raise: $12.7M
- Median Raise: $4.5M
- Average Token Return: 12.8x
- Median Token Return: 4.9x