- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Updates
Shapella Upgrade: Final Testing & Preparations
Shapella Progress, Erigon 2.42.0, Upcoming Client Updates, EIP Status Updates, Final Testing & Preparations
Verkle Trees Research Progress
Verkle Testnets, Insights & Bugs, Potential Challenges, zkEVMs Vs Verkle Trees & Development Progress
Mega EOF Endgame
Possible EOF Implementation, “Mega EOF Endgame” Specification, Cancun or Prague, RLP to SSZ, Developers' View
Post mortem: April 3rd, 2023 mev-boost relay incident and related timing issue
On April 3rd, 2023, a malicious proposer exploited the ultra sound relay through a vulnerability in the open sourced mev-boost-relay implementation 25 maintained by Flashbots to steal ~$20M from multiple sandwich bots.
Vitalik Buterin among the top speakers at EDCON 2023 in Montenegro
The conference will also include an Ethereum Quorum day, Community Event day, and a Super Demo competition, providing ample opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
- zkSync Era’s fix for 921 ETH, EigenLayer Launch & more - #WEB3Today #21
- Polygon zkEVM Mainnet Beta LIVE!, Oasis (Sapphire) & more - #WEB3Today #20
- EVM-Blocker, Binance wallet launches crypto-to-fiat & more - #WEB3Today #19
- Codefi Staking now ConsenSys Staking?!, Ethereum's multi-client & ZK-EVM & more - #WEB3Today #18
- Binance's DeFi wallet, Instrumenting Erigon For Firehouse & more - #WEB3Today #17
We are excited to announce "EtherWorld" as the event partners of EDCON 2023.
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Withdrawals Mainnet Shadow Fork 3 was successful. A few problematic MEV-Boost block signatures were discovered on the testnet, but the root cause is still unknown.
- Developers agreed to standardize transaction types for the mainnet and ensure the proposed change does not impact existing applications or wallets.
- The MEV-Boost exploit led to updates in the MEV relay software, including enforcement of block validation before broadcasting and the implementation of block submission cutoff times.
- Prysm, Lighthouse, and Lodestar clients are ready to pair and interop with other clients on testnets for the Deneb upgrade.
- Teku client is in the building phase and is not yet ready to interop with other clients for the Deneb upgrade.
Expected Changes on Beacon Chain with Shapella Upgrade
Expected Changes: Networking, Validators' Responsibilities, Fork Choice, Independent State & Block Historical Accumulators Conclusion
Exploring EVMMAX Proposals & BLS12-381
EVMMAX: EIP-5483, EIP-6601, EIP-5483 vs EIP-6601, EIP-6690 BLS12-381 Curve: EIP-2537, Operations, Applications
Shapella Testing Timeline, Shandong Testnet, Withdrawals Devnets, Mainnet Shadow Forks, Zhejiang Testnet & Withdrawal Testing Techniques
Why Ethereum Clients prefer SSZ over RLP?
After The Merge, Ethereum uses two serialization formats for its two underlined layers. Execution clients use RLP, whereas Consensus clients use SSZ for data storage and transmitting.
Transient Storage for Beginners
EIP-1153: Need, Effects, Pros & Cons, Future Plans
Death of the Dollar?! with Lyn Alden
Lyn Alden is one of crypto’s favorite macro commentators and also a frequent returning guest to the Bankless program.
PEEPanEIP #104: EIP-4844: Shard Blob Transactions with Terence & Kasey
This EIP introduces a new transaction format for “blob-carrying transactions” which contain a large amount of data that cannot be accessed by EVM execution, but whose commitment can be accessed.
The Chopping Block: Is This the Beginning of the End for Binance? - Ep. 474
In this episode, Speakers discuss Binance's recent regulatory issues, the potential impact on the crypto markets, the CFTC's stance on tokens, and also touch on Do Kwon's arrest and Hong Kong's approach to crypto regulation.
Is the Government Trying to Kill Off Crypto in the US? - Ep. 476
Brian Quintenz, head of policy for a16z crypto, and Nic Carter, general partner at Castle Island Ventures, talk about Operation Choke Point 2.0, the relationship between the government and the crypto industry, the status of different tokens as securities or commodities, and potential future developments in the space.
Web3 Debates: Is AI Going to Take All Our Jobs?
In this new debate, Jay and Kyle discuss the impact (both positive and negative) of AI on the current job market, comparing this new era to the first years of the internet.
ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know
Validators, Ethereum's Validator Lifecycle, Types of Withdrawals, EIP-4895, How to make your Validator ready for Withdrawal?, EIP-4736 & Shapella Mainnet
The Future of Ethereum Goerli Testnet
What is Goerli Testnet?, Why Developers like Goerli?, Goerl Shapella, Future of Goerli Testnet & Holesky Testnet
How to Become Validator for Ethereum Blockchain?
Staking, Setup Node, Roles & Responsibilities
Execution Layer, Consensus Layer, Why there is a need for multiple clients?, Advantages & Risks
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client?, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
We have tried to explain common ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- Apr 13-16: ETHGlobal Tokyo hackathon
- Apr 21-25: EthTaipei hackathon & conference
- Apr 27-30: Istanbul ETH Privacy conference & hackathon
- May 5-10: ETHTallinn hackathon
- May 12-14: ETHGlobal Lisbon
- Backend Engineer at Chronicle Labs
- Smart Contract Engineer (Solidity) at prePO
- Founding Trading Engineer at E-Horizon
- Digital Communications Lead at Status
- Web3 Founding Product Designer at Serotonin
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates and guest posts with us, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!