- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Upgrades
Mainnet Shapella Announcement
Withdrawals are coming! The Shapella network upgrade will activate on the Ethereum network at epoch
194048, scheduled for 22:27:35 UTC on Apr. 12, 2023.
Uniswap v3 code free to fork as BSL expires
Developers are now allowed to fork Uniswap v3 protocol as its Business Source License (BSL) expired on April 1, shows protocol documentation.
Cardano Users Can Soon Access Ethereum Dapps Directly From ADA Wallets
Milkomeda (Cardano’s EVM layer) is launching a feature allowing EVERY Cardano user to use EVM contracts directly from ANY Cardano wallet.
Ethereum Validators Have Earned Over $2 Billion in ETH Staking Rewards Since 2021
Ethereum validators have earned 1.1 million ETH ($2.007 billion) in staking rewards since January 2021, according to Delphi Digital data.
Inflation-pegged Stablecoin Flatcoins on 'Base' network
Coinbase sees inflation-pegged “flatcoins” as one of critical innovations that should be built on its recently launched layer-2 network Base.
- Binance's DeFi wallet, Instrumenting Erigon For Firehouse & more - #WEB3Today #17
- AI makes metaverse safer?, DeFi-KYC & more - #WEB3Today #16
- Polygon’s zkEVM beta hits mainnet, Ethereum devs confirm epoch & more - #WEB3Today #15
- Disney Eliminates Its Metaverse Division, Binance CEO Calls out CFTC Suit & more - #WEB3Today #14
- Flatcoins on Base network, Sony eyes NFT across multiple game platforms & more - #WEB3Today #13
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- The Ethereum Foundation made an announcement earlier this week, which included all the client releases compatible with the upgrade, EIPs, & other information related to the upgrade.
- Prysm & Lodestar are expected to release optional updates before the Shapella mainnet activation.
- However, the current versions listed in the announcement are already compatible with Shapella.
- The Nethermind team is planning a 'monster release' with several new features after the Shapella upgrade.
- The final mainnet shadow fork for testing Shanghai clients is scheduled for next week.
Exploring EVMMAX Proposals & BLS12-381
EVMMAX: EIP-5483, EIP-6601, EIP-5483 vs EIP-6601, EIP-6690 BLS12-381 Curve: EIP-2537, Operations, Applications
Shapella Testing Timeline, Shandong Testnet, Withdrawals Devnets, Mainnet Shadow Forks, Zhejiang Testnet & Withdrawal Testing Techniques
Why Ethereum Clients prefer SSZ over RLP?
After The Merge, Ethereum uses two serialization formats for its two underlined layers. Execution clients use RLP, whereas Consensus clients use SSZ for data storage and transmitting.
How Warm COINBASE helps in Gas Cost Reduction?
EIP-3651: Client Implementation & Testing Status, Earlier Efforts: EIP-2929, EIP-2930, EIP-1559
Transient Storage for Beginners
EIP-1153: Need, Effects, Pros & Cons, Future Plans
Congressman Tom Emmer Tackles the War on Crypto
He has been an outspoken advocate of crypto & has rung the alarm bells as to what seems to be the politically-driven debanking of crypto in the United States of America.
Polygon zkEVM Launch with Mihailo Bjelic and Jordi Baylina
Ryan from Bankless Team talks to Polygon's Mihailo & Jordi about the launch of their zkEVM!
PEEPanEIP #103: MEV Boost with Alex Stokes
Alexstokes explains MEV on Ethereum, PBS & MEV Boost & implementation of PBS.
Why Zero-Knowledge Proofs Are Critical to Ethereum’s Future - Ep. 473
In this episode, Stanford cryptography professor Dan Boneh & a16z General Partner Ali Yahya elevate our knowledge of zero-knowledge proofs & their applications in the blockchain world.
Why the CFTC Case Against Binance Will Have Very Important Consequences for Crypto - Ep. 475
In this episode, Austin Campbell, a professor at Columbia Business School, discusses the recent allegations made by the CFTC against Binance, & whether or not criminal charges will be brought against company officers such as CEO Changpeng Zhao, or CZ, or former Chief Compliance Officer Samuel Lim.
ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know
Validators, Ethereum's Validator Lifecycle, Types of Withdrawals, EIP-4895, How to make your Validator ready for Withdrawal?, EIP-4736 & Shapella Mainnet
Ethereum Virtual Machine
Functions, Stack Based VM, Smart Contract Execution & Key Benefits
How to Become Validator for Ethereum Blockchain?
Staking, Setup Node, Roles & Responsibilities
Execution Layer, Consensus Layer, Why there is a need for multiple clients?, Advantages & Risks
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client?, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
We have tried to explain common ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- Apr 5-8: ETH Beijing hackathon
- Apr 13-16: ETHGlobal Tokyo hackathon
- Apr 21-25: EthTaipei hackathon & conference
- Apr 27-30: Istanbul ETH Privacy conference & hackathon
- May 5-10: ETHTallinn hackathon
- UI Developer at Blockswap
- Front-End Engineer at Bebop
- Senior Accountant at ZORA
- Personal Assistant at DefiTitan
- Product Manager at Archimedes Finance
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates and guest posts with us, please email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!