Having a digital asset wallet is the first step for users interested in blockchain space. A wallet is basically a pair of Public Key and Private key which is needed together to access any account. Those having reasonable understanding of Public Key and Private Key usually like to play around.
Many times users have Private Key and they want to generate Ethereum compatible password protected wallet from that key. Today, I am sharing a small utility program for Ethereum Blockchain in NodeJS that would help user to generate Ethereum compatible password protected wallet starting just with Private Key.
How to generate Ethereum Wallet from Private Key
I have put together a small utility using above library . All you have to do is to clone this repo and run the utility.
Assumption: nodeJS is already installed on the system.
- git clone https://github.com/bit-warrior/WalletFromPK
- go to directory WalletFromPK
- npm install
- And follow the steps as shown below
Pseudo code for better understanding
Make an instance of wallet form the private key
const Wallet = require('ethereumjs-wallet') const util = require('ethereumjs-util') let wl=new Wallet(util.toBuffer(PrivateKey))
And then you can password protect and generate the wallet..
If you find this article helpful, please share. You may reach me at email@example.com with your comments, questions or suggestions of new topics that you would want to be covered.
- Understanding the concept of Private Key, Public Key and Address in Ethereum Blockchain
- Commit Ethereum Transaction Using Command Line
- Install MetaMask on Brave browser
- EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency.