(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- London Stock Exchange enters the cryptocurrency market; Partners with Hong Kong-based exchange
- UK Securities regulator rejects the SEC's "fully decentralized" test for utility tokens in new guidance, says utility tokens are not securities within their jurisdiction, regardless of functionality.
- Cryptocurrency firm Robinhood wins New York trading license
- MIT researchers have developed a new secure cryptocurrency that reduces data users need to join the network and verify transactions by up to 99 percent, compared to today’s popular cryptocurrencies, which could mean a more scalable network. Vault, a cryptocurrency that lets users join the network by downloading only a fraction of the total transaction data.
- Samsung Blockchain KeyStore confirmed by Galaxy S10 leaked images. Also posted on Twitter of Concept designer Ben Geskin that show off Samsung’s (Ethereum) cryptocurrency service, along with an image of the Galaxy S10.
- Symbiont closes $20 Million in Series B funding. The round was led by Nasdaq Ventures with participation from additional new investors including Galaxy Digital, Citi, Raptor Group, and others.
- Money Transmitter Act Guidance for Virtual Currency Businesses in Pennsylvania
- TWEETSTORM by Caitlin Long about Wyoming’s cryptocurrency bill.
- Harvard, Levi Strauss, U.S. think tank in blockchain tie-up on worker welfare
- Levi Strauss & Co.’s Worker Well-being (WWB) program aims to improve the lives of those who make our products around the world. New America Foundation and ConSensys – a blockchain software development consultancy – were awarded a two-year grant by the U.S. State Department to develop a blockchain platform. SHINE plans to use it to capture survey data directly from workers.
- Introducing Ethereum Cat Herders - Decentralizing Ethereum project management.
- A Post Mortem Report: The Constantinople Ethereum Hard Fork Postponement
- Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #53 Notes
- The Exclusive Ethereum Hardfork Naming Challenge for Ethereum.
- Mantis, a Scala based client for Ethereum Classic. now Fully Supports Ethereum! Ethereum's first full Scala Client
- Ethereum Essentials: Node Nuances
Other blockchain News
- Ripple - Q4 2018 XRP Markets Report
- Bitfury Launches Suite of Lightning Network Business Products
Tools Will Help Promote Adoption of the Bitcoin Lightning Network
- $630 Million Cryptocurrency Dash Releases ‘Biggest Upgrade’ Since Governance System
Ethereum blockchain development on the JVM
- Ethereum 1.x Workshop at Stanford Jan 2019.
- ETH1x Istanbul Prep Meeting proposal.
- State Rent proposal version 2 . Explained in Stanford Afternoon stream. In new version, fixed rent on accounts are proposed for both contract and non contract accounts.
- Eth 2.0 Researchers AMA. Reddit
- What's New in Eth2 by Ben Edgington - 25 January 2019
- Waffle 2.0 released
- Web3.js v1.0.0-beta.38
- Solidity Version 0.5.3
EIP / ERC
New Projects and Protocols
- $DONUT — tokenized /r/ethtrader karma!
- Katinrun is the first open source blockchain community in Thailand. They are developing an Ethereum-based donation platform where a donee who needs some support and a donor who wants to give support can meet together.
- yeeth: Ethereum 2.0 in Swift & BeaconChain.swift updates
- Grin: a cryptocurrency that leverages the mimblewimble privacy technology, has just gone live on mainnet.
Project and Protocol updates
- Polkadot Seeking New Token Sale Above $1 Billion Valuation
- QtumX Reaches 10,000 TPS in Benchmark Tests
- Gitcoin Requests is a great way to try the platform if you haven't already. Request funding for any open source Github issue, and we have funding to bring it onto the platform.
- ENS: Permanent Registar Proposals - Overflow Funds, Fees & Rent, 3-6 Character Auction Start
- Announcing the New Origin Identity
- Zilliqa Project Update #26 — Final Testing Before Mainnet Launch on the 31st of January.
- The Gnosis Safe is now available for iOS
Out of the league
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Vitalik Buterin: Casper CBC and Ethereum 2.0
- Ethereum’s cat herder in chief - Hudson Jameson puts a positive spin on Ethereum’s latest troubles.
- Trail of Bits and ChainSecurity about their Constantinople Analysis
- Martin Köppelmann & Matan Field - How the dxDAO could become the world’s largest organization
Blockchain good reads
- Correctness Analysis of IBFT (Istanbul Byzantine-fault-tolerant) by Cornell University.
- Examining the Proposed Validator Economics of Ethereum 2.0 Part One of a series unpacking Proof of Stake, validator markets, and the future of Ethereum by ConsenSys.
- HOW BLOCKCHAIN COULD BREAK BIG TECH’S HOLD ON AI
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Jobs and Vacancies
- Blockchain PM Jobs for Jan 25 by Chris Remus
- CURRENT OPENINGS at TokenCard
- Blockchain Developer at Protonmail
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- Crypto OTC Services Now Available on Binance
- Kyber Network Introducing the Automated Price Reserve
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- January 10 - February 7, 2018: 0x and Coinlist virtual hackathon
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- January 30 - February 1, 2019: Stanford Blockchain Conference 2019
- January 31, 2019: GörliCon Berlin
- February 2, 2019: Ethereum 222.0 workshop at Stanford, CA. Agenda here, sign up here.
- February 6, 2019: ETH Roadmap AMA - Webinar at 8AM PST / 1700 UTC+1
- February 7-8, 2019: M1 Asset Management 3.0 , Zug.
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- February 16-17, 2019: NEO DevCon 2019, Seattle
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-6, 2019: Blockchain Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nevada
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul”
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________