- US INTRODUCES BIPARTISAN BILLS PREVENTING VIRTUAL CURRENCY PRICE MANIPULATION.
- Signature Bank Launches Institutional Payments Using Permissioned Ethereum Blockchain
- Fidelity, Nasdaq Ventures invest in cryptocurrency exchange ErisX
- Venezuela to Sell Oil for Petro Cryptocurrency in 2019, Says Maduro
- Brave as default browser & to be working with HTC on their Exodus phone.
- Kik is getting ready to roll out its Kin cryptocurrency to its mobile messenger in a big way, now lets you tip users with cryptocurrency.
- SEC Again Delays Decision on VanEck-SolidX Bitcoin ETF
Other blockchain news
- ETCDEV announced shutdown of current activities due to lack in funding.
- ETCLabs get most their money from Digital Finance Group; they have hired 2 of ETCDevs 8 developers and sent offers to the other. They will start at ETCLabs on Monday.
- peaceBridge (Connecting Ethereum Classic and Ethereum) update (Dec 2018)
- Button Wallet Releases LightySig for Easy DApp Development
Crypto Bull CZ To Launch Binance Chain, Predicts 'Millions Of Tokens And Thousands Of Blockchains'
NEM Leading global blockchain companies launch “blockchain for Europe” association.
A response from a contributor | double spends on the 51% attacks on Vertcoin (VTC)
Constantinople mainnet hard fork scheduled for block #7080000, estimated around the 16th of January, 2019!
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #51 [2018-12-06]
The AZTEC protocol enables confidential transactions on the Ethereum network, with a working implementation live on the Ethereum main-net. Zcash and Monero Have Been Turned Into an Ethereum Smart Contract, Zero-Knowledge Proofs Are Now Just a Dapp. The AZTEC protocol can enable confidential transactions for any generic digital asset on Ethereum, including existing assets.
ConsenSys Major Strategy Shift, Confirms 13% of Staff Layoffs. Kavita Gupta selected by Stanford as a Visiting scholar for an year. ConsenSys Monthly Report — November 2018
- Ethereum Eth1.x WG3: Simulation by Shahan Khatchadourian & other contributors. (Shahan's notes from call on Dec 7)
Serenity (Ethereum 2.0)
- Eth 2.0 Economicsby econoar
- Testnet Requirements Call for a testnet using the current Whiteblock framework.
- Sharding P2P POC Performance Test Plan
- Ethereum 2.0 Implementers Call #7 (Notes)
- What's New in Eth2 - 3 December 2018 (Ben Edgington notes)
ETHProduct Community Call #1 (Video + Notes). Participate in future ETHProduct Community Call
Casper Standup Call #74
Vitalik and Glen on "optimizing complexity" in Casper and sharding.
- Minimum number of rounds required for plasma cash with rearrangeable transactions
- Sharding - A layer 2 computing model using optimistic state roots by Vitalik Buterin. Discussion on Reddit.
Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians
- [WhiSpeG] - Follow-Up: Kick-off call on 06.Dec.2018
- Constrained Resource Clients: Dec 2018 Update
EIP / ERC
ERC1638: Ethereum GiftVault - a ceremony for safe unboxing of a time-locked multisig smart contract holding gifts.
New Projects and Protocols
- Uniswap — A Unique Exchange. A protocol for decentralized exchange of tokens.
- Securify: Practical Security Analysis of Smart Contracts
- Imbrex: TEGULA PROTOCOL
- 3Box: a social profiles app for Ethereum users and communities; and 3box-js, an API for web3 developers to onboard users and set/get data to a profile - 3Box has spun out of uPort to become an independent project focused on building a social data network for dapps and users.
- whiteblock - THE SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN TESTING PLATFORM. Whiteblock/poa-test-setup - Deployment of POA network in one click and e2e tests of Ceremony/Governance DApps
- imToken Progress Update | 2018/12/08
- Status v0.9.32 Release - Private Group Chats. Nimbus Development Update - 2018.12
- Introducing 0x Instant - Quick and secure crypto purchasing powered by 0x. Antonio Juliano on Instant launch. 22 Ideas to Explore with 0x - Inspiration to move the tokenized economy forward.
- Kyber Network Introducing ERC1257: Proof of Payment by Smart Contracts
- Raiden Network Protocol Explained. Weekly update 44
- Gnosis slow.trade a new user interface for our DutchX trading protocol is live on Ethereum Mainnet. Unveiling the Gnosis Ecosystem Fund
- Maker DAO - Announcing the new MKR.tools . Stablecoins: Use Cases
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
Interviews on product management in the web3 open source ecosystem.
- Exploring Status’s struggles of growing with co-founder Jarrad Hope
- Learning about Parity’s programmer anarchy with release manager: Afri Schoedon
- Learning about Parity’s role of Product owner in Parity with Thibaut
- Differences of working in deeper r&d tech startup vs. Ethereum client r&d with Tim Beiko
Beyond Blockchain Episode #3: Naval Ravikant
Nick Sullivan: Cloudflare - The Internet's (De)centralized Security Blanket
Anthony Sassano on the proposed Layer 1 and Layer 2 scaling solutions at a high level including Sharding, Plasma, State Channels, Interoperability, and Zk-STARKs.
AMA with Richard Craib, founder of Numerai and Erasure.
Zach Williamson - Confidential transactions on Ethereum via range proofs.
Blockchain good reads
- A CBC Casper Tutorial by Vitalik Buterin
- The authoritative guide to Blockchain Sharding, part 1 by Alexander Skidanov
- Digital Currency Could Be Widely Used In VR by Brian Armstrong
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Jobs and Vacancies
- Blockchain PM Jobs for December 4 by chris-remus
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- Native support for Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and ERC20 tokens available in Trezor Beta Wallet. A long-awaited feature is finally here! Now offers a native interface for Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and ERC20 tokens in the beta version of Trezor Wallet (beta-wallet.trezor.io).
- Neufund and Ledger Team Up to Create a Secure Framework for Managing Real-World Assets on the Blockchain
- Coinbase continues to explore support for new digital assets. ERC20 tokens Civic (CVC), district0x (DNT), Loom Network (LOOM), and Decentraland (MANA) are launching on Coinbase Pro
- Poloniex Exchange - Institutional accounts now available on Poloniex.
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- November 26 - Dec. 10, 2018: Settle Virtual Hackathon TWO
- November 27 - December 01, 2018: BlockShow Asia 2018 Singapore
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: ETHSingapore. Apply here
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________