Quote of the week
"We are still in the beta stage of crypto protocols. Learn and adopt. Acting like you’ve figured it out is a death wish." - Eric Conner
- Timothy C. May, author of the Crypto Anarchist Manifesto, has died.
- Opera Introduces Blockchain-Ready Browser for Web 3
- Facebook’s Blockchain Group Is on a Hiring Spree to Reinvent Money
- The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Seeks Public Comments on Crypto-asset Mechanics and Markets
- European Parliament resolution of 13 December 2018 on Blockchain: a forward-looking trade policy.
- solarisBank supports Boerse Stuttgart Group in the development of the trading system for its crypto trading venue
- Sephora Shoppers Are Getting Their First Bitcoin Using Crypto Startup Lolli
- Former Apple Exec Phillip Shoemaker, joins Decentralized Identity Startup Civic as executive director of Identity.com.
Other blockchain news
- ETC Labs decided to sell ETCDEV’s advances as their own
- Ripple final AMA of 2018 with CEO on 12/18 at 10:30am PST.
- NEM New Zealand University Takeover | Canterbury
- Ethereum unique address is at 50 million.
- Satellite named "EtherX" as an ode to Ethereum to be launched on SpaceX Falcon 9 in Winter 2019
- Devcon4 Videos and Pictures Released!
- Coindesk - 8 Teams Are Sprinting to Build the Next Generation of Ethereum
- Request for public feedback by Vitalik: how well organized / useful / understandable are our sharding and Casper educational materials?
- Vitalik's tweetstorm on non-financial applications of blockchains.
- 5 Reasons Why Enterprise Ethereum Is so Much More Than a Distributed Ledger Technology. Here’s how Ethereum compares to other blockchain business solutions.
Serenity (Ethereum 2.0)
ETHProduct Community Call #2
Ethereum 3.0 as described by Justin Drake is a set of ideas for beyond the foreseeable Ethereum 2.0 roadmap (phases 0, 1 and 2). I'd say it includes Casper CBC, super-quadratic sharding, data availability proofs, private leader election, STARKs (signature aggregation, witness compression, VDFs, state roots).
ProgPOW testnet block explorer
- Loom 2.0 Initial Release Build 651
- Py-evm Trinity v0.1.0-alpha.20 "Elpis Kesaratsian"
- Parity Ethereum 2.2.5-beta, Parity Ethereum 2.1.10-stable
- Geth Constant (v1.8.20). It is last planned release of the 1.8 family. Developers will start merging backwards incompatible changes onto master in preparation of Geth 1.9.0.
web3j 4.1.0 is available for Android
- questions/answers Solidity 0.5.0 - Christian Reitwiessner (Ethereum meetup at Berlin).
- Help required in #Solidity 0.5.0 to compile more real-world contracts as part of CI testing.
EIP / ERC
ERC-1654 Dapp-wallet authentication process with contract wallets support
ERC #1651 A document management proposal for legally binding token #1651
ERC-1643: Document Management Standard (part of the ERC-1400 Security Token Standards)
ERC-1646: Decentralized Autonomous Zero-identity Protocol
EIP #1613 - gas stations network (Initial draft)
New Projects and Protocols
- Totem, a decentralized operating system. The demo runs in the browser and uses @metamask_io to connect to Ethereum.
- Security Innovation Blockchain CTF V.2
- Nym is a project to break surveillance’s stranglehold on the internet. Nym builds on top of the panoramic mixnet protocol. It is kind of a layer-0 privacy enhancement, the way Zcash is layer-1 and Bolt is layer-2.
- Clique: cross-client Proof-of-authority algorithm for Ethereum
- eth.events is an Ethereum search engine with an extensive API.
- CryptoXmas: Send Christmas Cards & Support Venezuelans in Need, on Mainnet now.
- FOAM’s Holiday Treasure Hunt 🎁 — Tis’ the season to get mapping
- Loom PlasmaChain Validator & Staking Economics, Part 1
- Gitcoin surpasses $500K in total platform value
- The Mythril (MythX) project is switching to DAI as should many other Ethereum projects.
- Indorse Second layer scaling with EIP-712
- Polymath ERC-1400: Evolution of a Security Token Standard
- Maker DAO Decreasing the Stability Fee. The voting application is at https://vote.makerdao.com and voting starts on December 17, 2018 at 16:00 UTC.
- Storj - Decentralized Auditing and Repair! The Low-key Life of Data Resurrection
- 0x Protocol - Ecosystem Update: DDEX and the 0x Roadmap, Announcing the 0x Ecosystem Acceleration Program. The 0x Core Team aims to distribute over $1 million per year in grants to high-quality teams. The are offering projects non-dilutive capital ranging from $10,000 — $100,000, with grant sizes awarded based on the stage of the project, quality of the team, commitment of the team, level of execution, and contribution to the crypto community.
- Kyber Network Tech Update (Dec 2018)
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Blockchain Insider interviews Vitalik Buterin
- Beyond Cryptocurrencies - Linda Xie
- Andrew Keys on Why ConsenSys Is 'Shifting From Experimentation to Excellence'
- Ethereum 2.0 with Prysmatic Labs: Scaling, Sharding, Proof of Stake, Serenity Phases, and Eth 2.0 Client
Blockchain good reads
Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians
- EthMagicians gathering at EthCC 2019 initial call
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Jobs and Vacancies
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- A tweetsorm by PeterMcCormack
"how I turned $32,000 into $1.2m and back to pretty much zero". This is prettymuch story of every individual who invested in Crypto in and around 2016 - 2017.
- 12 days of Coinbase gifts
* Coinbase donated $10,000 gift in Bitcoin ($BTC) to http://GiveCrypto.org
- Instant PayPal withdrawals now available for all U.S. customers
- New Listing on CoinmarketCap.com - Chain (CRO), Lisk Machine Learning (LML), Kambria, Platinum, Opacity, FOAM
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- January 16, 2019: Constantinople hard fork at block 7080000
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 7-8, 2019: M1 Asset Management 3.0 , Zug.
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.