Quote of the week
"Blockchain is more than a market. It’s a movement." -Joseph Lubin
- FedEx Institute of Technology Partners with XYO Network to Build Out Location-Based Technology Capabilities.
- Amazon Managed Blockchain - Easily create and manage scalable blockchain networks
- Nasdaq, VanEck Partner to Launch ‘Crypto 2.0’ Futures Contracts
- Tax paying through crypto in Ohio.
- Uganda To Regulate Cryptocurrencies to prevent scams and protect investors.
- Singapore’s CapBridge gets central bank approval to operate private exchange
- The United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has released a guide on smart contracts.
- SEC cracks down on initial coin offerings. Two Celebrities Charged With Unlawfully Touting Coin Offering. Jay Clayton, the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), recently discussed the current regulatory climate surrounding initial coin offerings (ICOs). Clayton emphasized that all ICOs must register with the SEC to ensure compliance with U.S. law.
- US Treasury Designates Iran-Based Financial Facilitators of Malicious Cyber Activity and for the First Time Identifies Associated Digital Currency Addresses
- Announcing Blockchain Revolution Global by Don Tapscott at Toronto.
- GBX Announces New Fiat Onboarding Options in GBP and EUR
Other blockchain news
- Bitcoin Q&A: Why "energy consumption" math sucks - Andreas M. Antonopoulos. Can you have a secure blockchain without mining or energy consumption? Do the energy consumption statistics often shared by the media make sense? Why should the focus be on energy generation, not energy consumption? Energy consumption in Bitcoin has almost nothing to do with the number of transactions. Should we start pricing in the externalities of carbon? How does Bitcoin mining fund alternative energy solutions?
- Bitcoin Cash: Original Bitcoin is Reborn with Bitcoin SV (BSV); BCH Hash War Ends
- Ethereum Classic security alert
- ZCash November 30, 2018 - Weekly Update (Engineering & Community + Comms)
- NEO St. Petersburg Competency Center announces NEO distributed storage system.
- EOS User Agreement v2.0 - An Open Source Proposal for EOS Governance. EOS mainnet didn’t even make it a year before Dan decided to go work on something else.
- ⏱️ The Ethereum difficulty bomb kicks in 92 days from now.(Published on Nov 29)
- Vitalik Buterin recieved an honorary doctorate from University of Basel
- Jutta Steiner named top 40 under 40 by capitalmagazin.
- Notes on sync call. As per Lane, "This was the first call that was intentionally run under the Chatham House rule. No recording, no livestreaming, and we will publish unattributed notes shortly. On balance I always want more transparency but several ppl on the call said they felt freer to speak candidly."
- Nick Johnson's response on it - "I honestly think this is a step backwards for transparency on ethereum. These calls ought to be recorded and publicly available."
- Ethereum State rent for Eth 1.x pre-EIP document
- Simulation working group proposal for Eth 1.x
- Ewasm working group proposal for Eth 1.x. Initial Report 26/11/2018
Ethereum chain pruning for long term 1.0 scalability and viability. Pruning historical chain segments
Serenity (Ethereum 2.0)
- Development Update #17 — Prysmatic Labs
- What's New in Eth2- 26 November 2018
- Eth2.0 Implementers Call #7 [11/29/2018]. Agenda
- Demystifying the road to Ethereum 2.0. Serenity Q&A session at ETHMagicians
Build The POET MVP In GO
Lighthouse Update #04 - 23 November 2018
JSON-RPC Specifications and Testing Community Call Nov 27th, 2018
Notes from EVM Evolution Community Call Nov 26th
- A minimal state execution proposal by Vitalik
- A sketch for a STARK-based accumulator -- Vbuterin at Reddit
- Funding Taxonomy & Issues for Ethereum Ecosystem
- Geth v1.8.19 (No Nick) out! 30% faster blocks processing.
- Remix IDE v0.7.5 Released
- Swarm v0.3.7 released
- Parity Ethereum 2.2.2-beta "No Nick" and Parity Ethereum 2.1.7-stable
EIP / ERC
- ERC1586: Risk Redistribution Standard for Stable Cryptocurrency Payment
- EIP-1581: Non-wallet usage of keys derived from BIP-32 trees. Initial discussion
- EIP1577 - Multiaddr support for ENS
New Projects and Protocols
- The AZTEC protocol enables confidential transactions on the Ethereum network, with a working implementation live on the Ethereum main-net. Zero-knowledge proofs for ERC-20 token transfers on Ethereum mainnet?
- Roll: the protocol for social money
- Ethermat: Ethereum blockchain state importer
- Ethertify: Leading the path to a decentralized web. Security, privacy, data integrity, authenticity, transparency, auditability, fault tolereance, immutability and time-stamping.
- Neufund: Neufund is an equity fundraising platform on the Blockchain.
- octopus: Security Analysis tool for WebAssembly module and Blockchain Smart Contracts (BTC/ETH/NEO/EOS)
- GiveCrypto’s November Monthly Report
- Guidelines on importing markdown content into Kauri. You can now import your articles into Kauri.
- Quantstamp Community Update Nov. 29, 2018
- Upgrading Aragon Voting Part 1: The Ethereum Storage Time Machine
- Writing a Truebit Task in Rust
- Zilliqa: Announcing Testnet v3.0 — Codename: Mao Shan Wang
- Kaleido Announces the First Blockchain-as-a-Service Subscription Plans Built for the Full Spectrum of Enterprise Ecosystems
- Polkadot - Never Fork Again
- Status - Two Point Oh: The Tale of Two Ethers
- Giveth - The Unicorn DAC, a non-hierarchical decentralized governance experiment.
- Gnosis Safe is live on main net.
- Cryptocup Integrates Dai to Offer a Stable Prize Pool
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Vitalik Buterin says IBM’s corporate blockchain is missing the point in an interview with Quartz.
- Joseph Lubin, co-founder of #Ethereum, discusses the Blockchain Ecosystem and the structure of ConsenSys.
- Steven Becker, MakerDAO President on the Boom in 'Stablecoins'
- Get to know a Core Dev, with Péter Szilágyi
- Parity: Blockchain Infrastructure with Gavin Wood
- Justin Drake - Ethereum’s Audacious Roadmap to Build a True World Computer
- Karl gives a longer overview of the Lattice1 and Grid+ from DevCon4 in Prague!
- How the Airbnb of Data Storage Plans to Take on Amazon S3 - Shawn Wilkinson, founder of Storj
- Ether podcast - Eric Corner talked with Hudson Jameson about DevCon, Ethereum's future, governance, and much more.
Blockchain good reads
- The nonsense of Marketcap
- NIST's chart of "when do you need a blockchain?"
- MakerDAO: Bitcoin, in Two Coins. The MakerDAO system separates specific features of Bitcoin into it’s two coins MKR and DAI, while adding a few new ones on top.
- POA network Introducing the ERC20 to ERC20 TokenBridge
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- Coinbase Announces Support for Zcash
- Poloniex credits ETH holders with OMG
- Huobi Cryptocurrency Exchange Launches Derivative Market
- 10 Rules for the Secure Use of Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallets
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- Sigma Prime is hiring: Blockchain Rust Developer
- Panvala Token Grants: Earn tokens for work that makes Ethereum safer. The committee will decide on the first budget before February 1, 2019.
- November 26 - Dec. 10, 2018: Settle Virtual Hackathon TWO
- November 27 - December 01, 2018: BlockShow Asia 2018 Singapore
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: ETHSingapore. Apply here
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________