- Hurricane Victims Edge Closer to Automated Insurance Payouts With Ethereum - Forbes
- SoftBank, Synchronoss and TBCASoft partner on a Proof of Concept for an RCS and blockchain-based mobile payments service.
- The Coming Epic Battle Between Crypto & FAMGA (aka Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Google, & Amazon)
- New York regulator approves Winklevoss, Paxos dollar-linked tokens
- Closing Cofound.it as crowdfunding market disappears and presenting good practice for ICOs. Introduction & roadmap. For any questions please email me at: email@example.com.
Other blockchain news
- Litecoin Summit (video)
- Monero Best Practices PSA [5 of 7]: Community Participation (Details in the comments)
- Rippled 1.1.0 Is officially released! Reddit
- Big Data, IOTA and revenues from the processing of data. Dominic will speak at the German economic summit.
The Görli Testnet Proposal Proposal - A Call for Participation by Afri Schoedon from team Parity. "Now, that EIP-1011, the hybrid Casper proof-of-work/proof-of-stake testnet idea has been abandoned by latest Ethereum research, Görli could be the next-generation public Ethereum test network", states the post. The Aura EIP is being drafted on Github.
To be clear, I never said that there is "no room for growth" in the crypto ecosystem. I said there is no room for 1000x price increases. A 1000x price increase from today means $200T in crypto, or ~an entire 70% of today's global wealth being in crypto.
What I actually said is that, because large portions of the population have already heard of crypto, further growth of crypto in any sense must come from depth (ie. actual usage), and not bringing in more attention
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #46 [09/14/18]
Constantinople is coming to Ropsten testnet around 2nd week of October 2018; Blocknumber to be announced.
Open Source Web3Design Livestream Call #6
Ethereum 2.0 Implementers
Basic Mass Exits for Plasma MVP
EthereumJS Recap August 2018 - Client Light Sync Support / Chain & Hardfork Support for Blockchain Library
EIP / ERC
* EIP-1380: Reduced gas cost for call to self
* ERC1400 - Security Token Standard . ERC1400 is now open for discussion! Post any comments you have on GitHub. This community-driven standard will change security tokens, Ethereum, and capital markets forever.
* EIP-1108: Reduce alt_bn128 precompile gas costs
* EIP-1057 (ProgPoW) and EIP-1355 (Ethash1a)
* Crypto Composables ERC-998 — Update 6 “In the Wild”
Casper - A tight and intuitive Casper slashing condition - Justin Drake.
Good Reads on Blockchain
- Why We Need Web 3.0? - Gavin Wood
- What’s a Sparse Merkle Tree?
- Going Beyond ERC-20 and ERC-721 To Reduce Gas Cost by ~80%
- A simple guide for how to write unit tests for smart contracts
- It’s Happening! Real Life Implementation of Blockchain for the Internet of Things
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Vitalik Buterin Discusses On-chain Governanace
- Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin talks with CNN
- Hashing It Out - Casper+Sharding – Danny Ryan
- Let's Talk ETC! (Ethereum Classic) #49 - Dr. Matthew Green - Zero Knowledge Proofs & ZK-SNARKs
- Nick Johnson of Ethereum Name Service on Mass Adoption & Scaling
- Emergent Ventures - a project to help foment enlightenment.
- Hacera Network Registry - creates directory to blockchain project.
- The Brooklyn Project is developing a Core Framework and experimenting with a crypto-economic system to help consumer token projects engage the community to build more trust, cooperation, fairness, safety, and regulatory compliance across the industry. Official Blog
- Aragon DAO Backed Transcoders.
- The First Use Case of BANKEX Plasma
- MetaMask Breaking Change: No Accounts Exposed by Default. (edited on 9/13 to reflect updates made to EIP-1102).
- AirSwap Technology and a New Model for Tokenized Securities
- Saying Goodbye to Slack and Hello to Status
- Schedule Your Ethereum Transactions Now On MyCrypto. The Ethereum Alarm Clock from ChronoLogic is live.
Trading and Mining
- Gemini can make GUSD non-transferrable at any moment
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs
- September 15-16, 2018: Kiev DappDev hackathon
- September 17-21, 2018: Blockchain Technology Symposium. Toronto.
- September 21-23, 2018: EthAtlanta hackathon at Atlanta Tech Park.
- September 29 - Oct 1 - Ethfinex’s governance summit (Lugano)
- October 1-2, 2018: SWELL by Ripple. President Bill Clinton is one of the keynote speakers.
- October 3-4, 2018: CryptoSprings
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco.
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon.
- October 11, 2018: Crypto Economics Security Conf (Berkeley)
- October 12, 2018 - Non-fungible summit
- October 17-18, 2018: Crypto Games Conference at Minsk, Belarus.
- October 22-23, 2018: Satoshi United Conference-2.0, Dubai
- October 22–24, 2018 : Web3 Summit in Funkhaus, Berlin. Tickets
- October 24-25, 2018:Winding Tree hackathon (Prague)
- October 26-28, 2018: Status hackathon (Prague)
- October 28-30,2018 - Ethereum Magicians Council of Prague
- October 29, 2018 - Decentralized Insurance D1Conf (Prague)
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- November 2nd, 2018 - Metamask plans to release breaking change to commemorate the EIP proposing this change, EIP-1102.
- November 3-4, 2018 - PegaSys Enterprise Ethereum hackathon (Prague)
- November 9-13, 2018:Blockspot 2018, LISBON, PORTUGAL
- November 14-16, 2018: Decentralized Divani Caravel, Athens, Greece. Registration Open.
- DECEMBER 7-9, 2018: THE FIRST CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED GOVERNANCE In ATHENS
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform.
Ongoing projects ICO
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.