Quote of the week
"A blockchain is like writing a book where everyone pays a huge amount of resources just for the chance to add a new page. You get a reward, but it’s only valid if the person who writes the next page (and everyone afterwards, forever!) agree that your page followed all the rules." - Alex Van De Sande
Arizona Senate Passes Bill To Allow Tax Payments In Bitcoin
Spanish Party Weighs Tax Incentives to Lure Blockchain Firms
Russia Opens the First Blockchain School in Moscow
Universities are offering blockchain courses - The New York Times
Thousands of Government Websites Hacked to Mine Cryptocurrencies
Banning cryptocurrency would be as sensible as banning the internet - The Hill
Cryptocurrency mining in Iceland is using so much energy, the electricity may run out
- ID2020 - AN ALLIANCE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING LIVES THROUGH DIGITAL IDENTITY
Forbes Quote Of The Day: Vitalik Buterin
Ethereum Dev Yoichi Hirai Steps Away From Role As EIP Editor, Raises Questions About Process
ETHGlobal: supporting ethereum hackathons around the world
Infura Debuts New Visual Identity as Daily Requests Top 6 Billion
Reminder to crypto investors by Vitalik
- Constantinople EIPs and Ethereum Core Dev meeting #33 highlights
- Geth 1.8 – Iceberg¹ released on Feb 14, 2018.
- Solidity 0.4.20 released on Feb 14, 2018.
- EIP 867: Standardized Ethereum Recovery Proposals is closed.
- EIP 858: Reduce block reward
Good Reads on Blockchain
- A signaling theory model of cryptocurrency issuance and value by Vitalik Buterin.
- Understanding blockchain technology
- Blockchain Basics - A Guide to Understanding Blockchain and Ethereum for Non-Developer Audiences by ConsenSys Academy
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
Vlad Zamfir on blockchain governance
TrueBit – Blockchain Verification on Steroids with Jason Teutsch
Crypto 101 podcast with Taylor M, CEO MyCrypto.
Shapeshift's Erik Voorhees on How Crypto Will Separate Money and State
New Projects and White Paper
- CryptoGrow - Home to CryptoGrow DAC and the CryptoPatent Blockchain
- Colorado Coin - A Corporeal CryptoCoin for Coloradians. GitHub
- Witnet - Connecting smart contracts to any external data source
- Space Decentral - a decentralized space program, connecting thousands of engineers, scientists, and future astronauts, to devise and fund next-generation space initiatives.
Project updates and Press Release
- Auctus joins the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- FOAM joins Ethereum Enterprise Alliance
- Golem Announcing Ethereum Community Fund
- Viberate joins the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA)
- ETHLend Joins The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA)
- When is CryptoKitties coming to Greater China?
- Dether: Next Big Steps After the Token Sale
- Digix 2.0 Proof of Asset Demo on Kovan!
- ICONOMI - Join the community on Rocketchat
- Monero - PoW change and key reuse
- NEO will airdrop ONT to the community
Einstein Exchange listed IOTA
Bounty and Hackathon
- ETC multisig wallet bug bounty - Bugbounty is relevant from February 12, 2018 to February 19, 2018.
- Hiring Full Stack Blockchain Systems Architect - Gold Coast, AUS
- Feb 27, 2018 - ConsenSys Ethereum Meetup San Francisco - Blockchain 101
- Feb 27, 2018 - Blockchain Xplore
- Feb 28, 2018: IFZ FinTech Conference - Zug, Switzerland,
- Mar 1-4, 2018:Crypto Virtual Summit - Online
- Mar 8-10, 2018: Ethereum Community Conference - Paris
- Mar 10, 2018: Crypto Investor Show - London, UK
- Mar 15, 2018: Token Fest Conference, San Francisco, US
- Apr 25-26, 2018: Crypto World Journal
- May 11-12, 2018: Ethereal Summit at the Knockdown Center in NYC.