- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Upgrades
- Ethereum's Dencun Upgrade: Will fork Goerli testnet after Devconnect!
- Polygon Introduces POL Token on Ethereum Mainnet, Advancing Polygon 2.0 Roadmap
- The Solidity 0.8.22 release is out!
- ethorg Q4 2023 product roadmap
- Fireblocks, UniPass Wallet tackle Ethereum ERC-4337
- Arbitrum Orbit is mainnet-ready
- The ZK Nation is growing
- Taiwan officially proposes crypto bill with first reading passed at parliament
- Neo plans Ethereum compatibility via sidechain
- Coinbase Cloud launches platform for web3 developers
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- On October 26, during the 173rd All Core Developers Execution (ACDE) Call, Ethereum developers, led by Tim Beiko from the Ethereum Foundation, focused on several critical topics regarding Ethereum's execution layer:
- Devnet-10 Launch and Testing:
- Devnet-10 was launched for the Cancun/Deneb (Dencun) upgrade, showcasing the validator churn limit changes outlined in EIP 7514. Issues in Prysm and Teku (CL) clients were identified and resolved post-launch. MEV workflow tests on Devnet-10 using the Lodestar (CL) client revealed some issues in the MEV-Boost validator and relay implementations.
Blob Latency Analysis:
- Enrico Del Fante presented new findings on blob latency, reinforcing trends identified by Gajinder Singh from Devnet-9. Developers emphasized the need for additional analysis and testing for blob propagation before public Ethereum testnet assessment.
Next Steps for Dencun Testing:
- Plans to launch Devnet-11 and a shadow fork of the Goerli testnet were agreed upon. Devnet-11 aims to encompass MEV workflow testing across CL clients and potential rollup implementations, likely Optimism’s for EIP 4844, following stable client releases.
Dencun Activation Timeline Discussion:
- Although a proposed activation date for Dencun on Goerli was initially suggested for November 9, challenges with ongoing changes in Prysm client software and the upcoming Ethereum developer conference, Devconnect, pushed the likely testnet activation of Dencun on Goerli to late November at the earliest. The mainnet activation for Dencun might possibly extend into early 2024.
KZG Ceremony Verification and Layer-2 Standardization:
- Updates were provided on the KZG ceremony outputs for EIP 4844. Additionally, efforts to establish norms and standards for rollup development via a dedicated monthly call series were highlighted, aiming to facilitate Layer-2 rollup interoperability and Ethereum mainnet connectivity.
EIP 7523, Empty Account Deprecation:
- Discussion around EIP 7523 proposed to prohibit empty accounts on post-Merge Ethereum testnets to diminish technical debt. However, concerns were raised regarding potential impacts on the implementation of Verkle trees. Developers were encouraged to continue discussions on Ethereum Magicians' dedicated thread for EIP 7523.
This comprehensive meeting showcased the rigorous testing and meticulous planning involved in the Dencun upgrade and its subsequent activation, alongside broader efforts to standardize Layer-2 rollup development and address specific EIP concerns within the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Watch here.
EIP-4844 ready for Multi-Client Devnets: EIP-4844 Specs Updated, Prysm EIP-4844 Progress, Layer 2 Teams, Blob Transaction Mempool Design & Implementation, Data Gas Field & Execution API
EIP-4844 Devnet-5 Testing Preparation & Progress: Deneb (EIP-4844) Devnet-5 Spec, Lighthouse Testing Progress, Prsym Multi-Client Devnet Readiness, Proposed PRs in Devnet-5 & EIP-4844 Engine API Updates
ERC4337 : The next big thing in Ethereum: The Ethereum blockchain has deployed a feature known as “account abstraction,” seen as a key enhancement.
- ECH Meeting 120:
- Gelato Network: Ecosystem Project Demo #6
- The Bull Case for $LINK (Chainlink)
- Lyn Alden's Masterclass On Money
- The Chopping Block: Are We Back? The 'Low IQ' Response to the Potential Spot Bitcoin ETF - Ep. 561
Eth Liquid Staking
Staking - Liquid Staking - Benefits - Risks
Optimism: A Layer2 Blockchain
What is Optimism - Working - Optimistic Execution Model - Advantage
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know
Validators, Ethereum's Validator Lifecycle, Types of Withdrawals, EIP-4895, How to make your Validator ready for Withdrawal?, EIP-4736 & Shapella Mainnet
The Future of Ethereum Goerli Testnet
What is Goerli Testnet?, Why Developers like Goerli?, Goerl Shapella, Future of Goerli Testnet & Holesky Testnet
We have tried to explain common Ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- Nov 03-05: ETH Lisbon 2023
- Nov 13-19: Devconnect Istabul
- Nov 16: Pragma Istabul
- Nov 17–19: ETHGlobal Istabul
- Dec 8-10: ETHIndia 2023
- Senior Product Designer, Coinshift
- Technical Project Manager, Aave
- Senior Smart Contract Engineer, Aave
- VP Finance, Aave
- Smart Contract / Solidity Engineer - CCIP, Chainlink
For Press Releases, project updates and guest posts publishing with us, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Share if you like the content. Donate at avarch.eth or Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!