- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Upgrades
Announcing The Devconnect Istanbul Scholars Program
The Devconnect Scholars Program will provide talented & values-aligned individuals from communities currently geographically & demographically underrepresented in Ethereum with financial support to attend Devconnect in Istanbul this November.
Staked ETH surpasses 23 million in June — Nansen
According to data from analytics firm Nansen, a total of 23.3 million Ether was staked as of June 27, amounting to $43.1 billion.
Vitalik's comment on US approach to crypto
The Real Competition Is the Centralized World.
Ethereum (ETH) Is Commodity, Consensys Founder Says
The founder of Consensys says it's clear Ether is a commodity, not a security amid regulatory crackdown on crypto, as he unveils the first ever survey on perception over crypto and Web3.
Vitalik stakes only a fairly small portion of his $ETH
On the June 29 episode of the Bankless podcast, He revealed the the reason why he is only staking a small fraction of his ETH.
- Terra Revive, Ethereum Devconnect Istanbul, Japan Crypto Tax & More- #WEB3Today 53
- $23M Staked ETH, SEC Vs Coinbase, AUS banks blame Crypto & More
- SEC to Delay $30 Million BlockFi Fine Until Investors Are Repaid
- Decentralized Communication is the Key to Unlocking Web3
- Azuki & Elemental NFT collection: The Rise & Plunge in Value, in less than 24 hours
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- The Engine API deprecation schedule for the
engine_exchangeTransitionConfigurationmethod was proposed for the Deneb upgrade, & developers agreed to coordinate its removal from EL clients.
- The inclusion of a builder override flag in the Engine API for the Deneb upgrade was discussed, giving validators more control over block production and the ability to react to censoring activity by third-party block builders.
- Testing efforts around EIP-4844 were discussed, with the plan to launch Devnet #7, a dedicated test network for EIP 4844, with increased blob limits.
- Developers remain undecided about the change to the target and maximum blob limit and agreed to observe how Devnet #7 handles the additional data load before making further decisions.
- Ongoing research was discussed regarding proposals to increase the effective balance of Ethereum validators, auto-compounding yields from staking, and changing slashing penalties for validators based on their balance. Implementation of these proposals would likely occur in a future hard fork after Deneb.
Dencun: Unveiling the Upcoming Network Upgrade with Finalized Specifications
Cancun EIPs: EIP-1153, EIP-4788, EIP-4844, EIP-5656 & EIP-6780 Deneb EIPs: EIP-7044 & EIP-7045 Engine API Changes & Additional Changes in Dencun specs
Exploring EVMMAX Proposals & BLS12-381
EVMMAX: EIP-5483, EIP-6601, EIP-5483 vs EIP-6601, EIP-6690 BLS12-381 Curve: EIP-2537, Operations, Applications
Highly Available Ethereum Nodes using N-Version Design
A research report by a team of KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
Why Ethereum Clients prefer SSZ over RLP?
After The Merge, Ethereum uses two serialization formats for its two underlined layers. Execution clients use RLP, whereas Consensus clients use SSZ for data storage and transmitting.
Transient Storage for Beginners
EIP-1153: Need, Effects, Pros & Cons, Future Plans
PEEPanEIP #110: ERC-6220 Composable #NFTs utilizing Equippable Parts
In this video, the authors provide an explanation of ERC-6220, also known for Composable NFTs. These tokens enhance ERC-721 by enabling selective equipping of parts, facilitating the composition of tokens from a catalog, and incorporating components without the need for generating new tokens.
Vitalik Buterin Discusses The 2-Month Zuzalu Experiment
Vitalik provides a comprehensive overview of the concept of Zuzalu, offering a holistic perspective. He skillfully unravels the meta-quest of comprehending the essence of Zuzalu and its pivotal role in curating communities.
Restaking Alignment with Vitalik, Sreeram, Tim Beiko, Justin Drake, Dankrad & Jessy
Exploring the implications and complexities of restaking with an exceptional panel featuring renowned experts, including Vitalik Buterin and Sreeram Kannan.
Prometheum and Paradigm in Debate: Can the Status Quo Work for Crypto?
Aaron Kaplan, co-CEO of Prometheum, the trading platform that recently acquired a special-purpose broker dealer license for digital asset securities, has become a major lightning rod in the crypto community.
Will FTX Reboot?
Thomas Braziel, an expert in crypto bankruptcy claims, says FTX CEO John J. Ray III is taking no prisoners when it comes to making creditors whole.
What is NFT?, How does Blockchain Technology enable NFTs?, NFT Standards, EIP-1155, NFT Marketplaces & Future of NFT
The Future of Ethereum Goerli Testnet
What is Goerli Testnet?, Why Developers like Goerli?, Goerl Shapella, Future of Goerli Testnet & Holesky Testnet
How to Become Validator for Ethereum Blockchain?
Staking, Setup Node, Roles & Responsibilities
Execution Layer, Consensus Layer, Why there is a need for multiple clients?, Advantages & Risks
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client?, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
We have tried to explain common ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- Jul 5-9: ETHBarcelona
- Jul 17-20: EthCC (Paris)
- Jul 20–23: ETHGlobal Paris
- Aug 11-13: ETHMunich hackathon
- Aug 15-16: ETHToronto
- Site Reliability Engineer at Nethermind
- Legal Associate at Status
- Senior Blockchain Solutions Engineer at ChainSafe Systems
- Lead Frontend Engineer at Biconomy
- Operations Manager at Unlockd
For Press Releases, project updates and guest posts publishing with us, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Share if you like the content. Donate at avarch.eth or Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!