- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Upgrades
All you need to know about Ethereum Dencun Upgrade
After the successful deploment of Shapella upgrade, Ethereum developers are preparing for the Dencun Upgrade, which is expected in late 2023. We have brought this resource list for you to follow expected changes with the upgrade.
Non-finality, inactivity leak but Ethereum didn't stop!
Follow the recent incident on Ethereum blockchain. Plenty of block space when blocks were produced. Transactions were not affected.
All you need to know about MEV
Curated resources by EtherWorld
MakerDAO publishes 5-phase roadmap featuring funding for open-source AI projects
Endgame is a major update to MakerDAO designed to enhance efficiency, resilience, and participation.
MetaMask rolls out ETH purchases via PayPal to US users
MetaMask is the first web3 wallet to allow U.S. users to buy ETH easily with PayPal.
- MetaMask x PayPal, Blockchain in China, Fed Now & More - #WEB3Today #40
- PayPal’s holdings, ETH validators earn $46M, Arbitrum DAO & More - #WEB3Today #39
- Coinbase Legal Battle, MakerDAO Spark, Bittrex Bankruptcy & More - #WEB3Today #38
- Ethereum Deposits Outpace Withdrawals, Artifact Labs Raises $3.25M & More - #WEB3Today #37
- Sandbox NFT Staking Program launched, FTX Shows Holes in Beijing Crypto Ban & More - #WEB3Today #36
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- The precompile on the EL will exclusively use big-endian for inputs and outputs.
- The transaction encoding on the EL will switch to RLP, with a PR available for review. This won't require RLP to be added on the CL, and discussions will continue next week.
- An extra block validity check will be added to ensure hashes in
blob_versioned_hashesstart with the byte
- The state of KZG libraries was discussed without clear next steps. The kzg-ceremony channel may be used for further discussions.
- Two EIPs were discussed: EIP-6968 (generalized CSR protocol) and EIP-5656 (MCOPY). No decision was made regarding their inclusion in Cancun, but client teams will consider them and other potential additions in the coming weeks.
Expected Changes on Beacon Chain with Shapella Upgrade
Expected Changes: Networking, Validators' Responsibilities, Fork Choice, Independent State & Block Historical Accumulators Conclusion
Exploring EVMMAX Proposals & BLS12-381
EVMMAX: EIP-5483, EIP-6601, EIP-5483 vs EIP-6601, EIP-6690 BLS12-381 Curve: EIP-2537, Operations, Applications
Highly Available Ethereum Nodes using N-Version Design
A research report by a team of KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
Why Ethereum Clients prefer SSZ over RLP?
After The Merge, Ethereum uses two serialization formats for its two underlined layers. Execution clients use RLP, whereas Consensus clients use SSZ for data storage and transmitting.
Transient Storage for Beginners
EIP-1153: Need, Effects, Pros & Cons, Future Plans
ETH’s Biggest Upgrade Since EIP1559 | MEV Burn w/ Justin Drake and Dom
Ethereum is getting yet another economic upgrade! The scarcity engine is getting a massive level up with the advent of the MEV Burn.
Coinbase Moving Offshore?! with Tom Duff Gordon VP, International Policy, Coinbase
Ryan and David bring on Coinbase’s VP of International Policy, Tom Duff Gordon VP to discuss Coinbase’s exploration out of the United States.
$630M Due Next Week: Is DCG at Default Risk?
The Genesis bankruptcy is about to take a high-stakes turn with a $630 million payment from Digital Currency Group (DCG) due by May 11. Barry Silbert’s DCG, the parent company of Genesis, is on the hook for the massive payment, but doubts are swirling as to whether the crypto conglomerate can cover it. Lumida Wealth CEO Ram Ahluwalia joins the show to unpack what could happen to Genesis creditors, Gemini Earn users, and the markets should DCG fail to cover its debt obligations.
Do You Need to Think Twice Before Restaking Your Assets?
In this episode, Sreeram Kannan, founder of EigenLayer, and Konstantin Lomashuk, cofounder of Lido Finance, discuss the complex world of staking in Ethereum's post-Shanghai ecosystem.
The Chopping Block: Why Are We Still Building Layer 1s?
In this episode from Consensus 2023, they are joined by Avery Ching, chief architect of Aptos, to discuss the latest SEC enforcement actions, an embarrasing admission by audit firm Certik, and crypto’s impact on the coming election.
ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know
Validators, Ethereum's Validator Lifecycle, Types of Withdrawals, EIP-4895, How to make your Validator ready for Withdrawal?, EIP-4736 & Shapella Mainnet
The Future of Ethereum Goerli Testnet
What is Goerli Testnet?, Why Developers like Goerli?, Goerl Shapella, Future of Goerli Testnet & Holesky Testnet
How to Become Validator for Ethereum Blockchain?
Staking, Setup Node, Roles & Responsibilities
Execution Layer, Consensus Layer, Why there is a need for multiple clients?, Advantages & Risks
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client?, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
We have tried to explain common ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- May 19-23: EDCON Montenegro
- May 20-21: ETHDam (Amsterdam) conference & hackathon
- May 24-26: Spaghett ETH (Naples) conference
- Jun 2-4: ETH Seoul
- Jun 2-7: ETH Belgrade conference & hackathon
- Lead Social Media Growth Marketing Ambassador at Rodeo Finance
- Web3 Communications Associate at WalletConnect
- Product Owner (mid-level) at DappRadar
- DevOps Manager at Cere Network
- Token Design Associate at Outlier Ventures
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates and guest posts with us, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!