Base is a Ethereum Layer 2 network offering a secure, low-cost, developer-friendly built to bring the decentralized apps or “dapps” onchain. Base aims to be one of the best places for developers to build onchain.
It focuses to make onchain the next online and onboard 1B+ users into the cryptoeconomy. In pursuit of this goal, Base will serve as both a home for Coinbase’s onchain products and an open ecosystem where anyone can build.
Base,Introduced NFT has minted 4,85,090 for free and now the minting is closed. This NFT collection was deployed onto mainnet Ethereum. Presale is inactive now.
1/ 🔵 We’re excited to announce @BuildOnBase.— Coinbase (@coinbase) February 23, 2023
Base is an Ethereum L2 that offers a secure, low-cost, developer-friendly way for anyone, anywhere, to build decentralized apps.
Our goal with Base is to make onchain the next online and onboard 1B+ users into the cryptoeconomy. pic.twitter.com/RmwZFJzGGs
Key Features of base :
Base is secured by Ethereum as it is built with the security and scalability you need for your decentralized apps. Enables you to confidently onramp into Base from Coinbase, Ethereum L1, and other compatible chains.
It is empowered by Coinbase making it easy to build decentralized apps with access to Coinbase’s products, users, and tools. Seamless Coinbase product integrations, easy fiat onramps, and powerful acquisition tools benefits developers to serve 110M+ verified users and to access $80B assets on platform in the Coinbase ecosystem.
Base offers full EVM equivalence at a very low cost and is committed to pushing forward the developer platform. Gasless transactions for dapps with easy developer APIs for account abstraction, and securely build multichain applications with easy to use bridges.
It aims to be decentralized, permissionless, and open to anyone i.e Open-source with the vision of creating a standard, modular, rollup agnostic Superchain powered by Optimism.
Base is built on the Bedrock release of the OP Stack, which is designed to be close To Ethereum as much as possible. But still there are very minor differences when it comes to building on Base and Ethereum.
- "COINBASE" is used in opcode where as "block.coinbase" is equivalent in solidity.
- "DIFFICULTY" is in opcode and "block.difficulty" is in solidity. Both of them are used for random value. As this value is set by the sequencer, it is not as reliably random as the L1 equivalent.
- "NUMBER" is used in opcode and "block.number" is used in solidity for getting L2 block number.
- "TIMESTAMP" is in opsode and in solidity "block.timestamp" is used for timestamp of the L2 block.
- "ORIGIN" uses opcode and "tx.origin" is used in solidity", so that if the transaction is an L1 ⇒ L2 transaction, then "tx.origin" is set to the aliased address of the address that triggered the L1 ⇒ L2 transaction. Otherwise, this opcode behaves normally.
- "CALLER" is used in opcode whereas solidity have "msg.sender". If the transaction is an L1 ⇒ L2 transaction, and this is the initial call (rather than an internal transaction from one contract to another), the same address aliasing behavior applies.
"Between L1 Ethereum and Optimism Bedrock there are several differences in the way blocks are created. The time between the blocks is 12 seconds in L1 Ethereum and 2 seconds for Optimism Bedrock."`
Op Stack codebase uses the same JSON-RPC API as Ethereum do, along with that there is some additional Op Stack specific methods introduced to it.
Transaction costs on Op Stack chain consists of L2 execution fee and L1 data fee.
Base is not a token. Coinbase do not plan to issue a new network token for Base and they will use ETH as the native gas token. Mint “Base, Introduced” — a commemorative NFT that celebrates the initial launch of Base. 1 per address, freely mintable on Zora through Sunday at midnight EST.
The technological foundation of the cryptoeconomy should be open source, freely available, and not controlled or owned by any one company. Coinbase is excited to start this journey by deploying Base, and collaborating with OP Labs and the Optimism Collective.
- ERC4337 : The next big thing in Ethereum
- Uniswap plans self-custosial mobile wallets
- Crypto payments got easier in France & Georgia
- TWAMM: Time-Weighted Average Market Maker
- MobyMask: An Initiative to Eliminate Phishers
- Fractional NFTs: EIP-4675 using EIP-1155 & EIP-1633
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates and guest posts with us, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!