Uniswap Labs made announcement planning to release a new self-custodial mobile wallet that will allow users to swap on layer-1 or layer-2 networks without having to switch blockchain. Self-custody is a core dogma of DeFi and ensures your crypto can't be misused by a centralized party.
According to Uniswap Labs, the wallet will offer users to:
- Trade tokens directly with the most trusted DeFi protocol.
- Ensure maximum security.
- Seamlessly switch between Mainnet, Polygon, Arbitrum, and Optimism.
- Check top tokens by market cap, price charts, and volume.
- Stay up to date on trends and activity by favoriting tokens and wallet addresses.
- Connect to any app on Mainnet or L2s with a smooth WalletConnect experience.
- Back up your seed phrase on iCloud or manually.
- Get notified when transactions complete on any device with push notifications.
- Track ERC20s, NFTs, & your favorite wallets.
1/ Introducing the Uniswap mobile wallet 🦄✨— Uniswap Labs 🦄 (@Uniswap) March 3, 2023
A completely self-custodial, open-sourced mobile app from the most trusted name in DeFi.
Now available as a limited early release - through Apple TestFlight. pic.twitter.com/NmO8c0bXMs
Uniswap is bringing swap experience to you pocket. The seed phrases and private keys of both imported and newly created wallets will be encrypted and stored on devices using Apple’s Secure Enclave, which is excluded from device backups. Uniswap also shared that users will be able to manually store their seed phrases with a paper copy or encrypt and store it on iCloud.
Use web3 apps on different networks at the same time. You can now get notified when your transactions complete, even if you made them on another device. Also you can choose to unlock your wallet w/ FaceID & back up your seed phrase manually or encrypted in iCloud. Security & code are from the most trusted name in DeFi.
The Uniswap mobile wallet is the best way to manage your portfolio across Ethereum, Polygon, Arbitrum, and Optimism.
Apple approved Uniswap's first build in October but rejected the final build just a few days before December launch. So rather than waiting for Apple, Uniswap Labs said it plans to release its app to 10,000 users via the TestFlight beta platform. That means it's functionally the same, safe to use, and can be updated to the App Store version after Apple approves it.
- EthforAll Introduces Quadratic Voting
- SEC enforces full disclosure & investor protection rule on staking-as-a-service
- ZenGo Seedless wallet on Polygon
- TWAMM: Time-Weighted Average Market Maker
- MobyMask: An Initiative to Eliminate Phishers
- Fractional NFTs: EIP-4675 using EIP-1155 & EIP-1633
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates and guest posts with us, please email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!