- Mainnet Shadow Fork 7
- dYdX will be developing its own blockchain
- Nethermind v1.13.3 released
- Lido DAO announced the expansion of Operator set
- zkSync pushed major updates
- TDS on VDA will be applicable in India
- Tether announced a new stable coin
Mainnet Shadow Fork 7
Mainnet Shadow Fork 7 was successful today! It's aim was to test fixes deployed on Ropsten and make sure that there are no regressions. Here is a screenshot shared by Nethermind team:
dYdX will be developing its own blockchain
dYdX is a decentralized exchange that allows users to trade without any intermediate and it runs on a smart contract on the Ethereum Blockchain. dYdX has announced that dYdX V4 will be developed as a standalone blockchain on Cosmos and Proof-of-Stake protocol.
Nethermind v1.13.3 released
Gray Glacier upgrade is expected next week. Nethermind has released v1.13.3, here are some updates:
- Support for moving difficulty bomb in Gray Glacier mainnet hardfork.
- Allow replacement of zero-fee transactions
- Support for transition to Merge PoS(Proof-of-Stake) from AuRa PoA(Authority Round Proof-of-Authority) consensus.
- Fixes to multi-stage sync to allow parallel sync modes after the merge.
- Updated all the dependencies.
- Updated pivots for parallel sync.
- Snap Sync will now depend on only the SnapSyncEnabled property.
Lido DAO announced the expansion of Operator set
Lido DAO has announced the expansion of the Lido Node Operator set on Ethereum and they've approved eight new Node Operators for this. Their motive is to help, grow and decentralize their validator set.
zkSync pushed major updates
zkSync has pushed major updates with structural changes designed to enhance the user experience, to increase the compatibility with Ethereum’s EVM, and to upgrade performance on the zkSync v2 testnet.
TDS on VDA will be applicable in India
Income Tax Department of India tweeted that TDS on Virtual Digital Assets will be effective from 1st July 2022. As per section 194s, 1% TDS will be applicable on each transaction.
Tether announced a new stable coin
Tether has announced plans to launch a stable currency backed by the British pound and it will be launched in early July. The token will be initialized as GBPT(Great British Pound Token) and it is developed on Ethereum Mainnet. Paolo Ardoino said,
“We believe that the United Kingdom is the next frontier for blockchain innovation and the wider implementation of cryptocurrency for financial markets. We hope to help lead this innovation by providing cryptocurrency users worldwide with access to a GBP-denominated stable coin issued by the largest stable coin issuer”
- Ethereum Bulletin
- Sepolia Testnet Merge
- Gitcoin with $3Million+ in matching funds (GR14)
- PayPal enabled to transfer to external wallet and exchanges
- U.S. Inflation accelerates; Crypto Bill introduced by Senators
- Polygon’s KYC Regulations and Blockchain Adoption in India
- Everything about NFT Drop for The Testers
Disclaimer: The information contained on this web page is for education purposes only. Readers are suggested to conduct their own research, review, analyze and verify the content before relying on them.
To publish press releases, project updates, and guest posts with us, please email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Share if you like the content. Support us at Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!