(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Facebook Building Cryptocurrency-Based Payments System. Social-media giant is recruiting financial firms, merchants to help launch payments platform.
- Singapore Students graduating from local schools to receive digital certificates using blockchain technology.
- BreakerMag is shutting down
- Tether Lawyer Admits Stablecoin Now 74% Backed by Cash and Equivalents
- Square’s Bitcoin Revenue Jumped to $65.5 Million in Q1, Its Highest Ever
- Kavita Gupta step down ConsenSysVC
- ConsenSys Monthly Report — April 2019
- Elon Musk tweeted Ethereum.
- Balaji S. Srinivasan Is Leaving Coinbase.
- What's an Initial Exchange Offering (IEO)? CoinDesk Explains
New Projects and Protocol
- solang: A new solidity to wasm compiler written in rust.
Projects and Protocols update
- [Maker DAO] Executive Vote: Raise the Stability Fee by 3% to a total of 19.5% per year
- Filecoin Announcing First Mining Community Call to be held on Thursday, May 9th, 2019 at 11pm UTC.
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Exploring Aztec with Zac Williamson
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- May 12, 2019: Tokenized Assets in New York. BLOCKCHAIN TOKENIZATION – THE NEW METHOD OF ASSET FINANCING
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 16, 2019: TOKEN SUMMIT IV NEW YORK CITY.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- May 17, 2019: Deadline to accept proposals for Instanbul upgrade fork
- May 23-25, 2019: Swarm Orange Summit Madrid 2019
- June 10-11, 2019: Blockchain for Social Impact Conference 2019 Building a Resilient Future at Microsoft Conference Center, 11 Time Square, New York, NY.
- June 22 – 24, 2019: Zcon, Annual Privacy Conference
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
Read earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.