(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- US Department of Treasury built an Ethereum-based Proof of Concept to "reimagine the way asset tracking was conducted at the Bureau of the Fiscal Service."
- SEC approves first ICO portal, still unnamed.
- U.S. Congressman calls for bill to ‘outlaw’ cryptocurrencies.
- Blogging platform Cent has launched a new feature that allows users to send each other the cryptocurrency Ether via chat. The feature enables such payments even without downloading a crypto wallet like MetaMask. Coindesk report .
- Facebook Updating Ad Policies for Financial Services and Products - ads promoting cryptocurrency is back. "It’s Time to Break Up Facebook" - NY Times report Opinion.
- [PepsiCo](PepsiCo Blockchain Trial Brings 28% Boost in Supply Chain Efficiency) Blockchain Trial Brings 28% Boost in Supply Chain Efficiency
- Leading Canadian Law Firms Collaborate on Blockchain-Based Smart Contract Project.
- Armando "Pitbull" Perez announced the launch of his latest venture, an international blockchain coding competition "Smackathon" aimed at disrupting the current state of the music industry. CNBC report
- User acceptance testing for bitcoin futures custody and trading in Bakkt is planned for July.
Devcon 5 in Osaka, Japan from October 8-11, 2019.
Ethereum core devs call #61
The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) announced the publication of the Enterprise Ethereum Client Specification V3. The EEA also announced the latest Off-Chain Trusted Compute Specification V1 document.
ConsenSys, VitalikButerin, and the Ethereum Foundation are all contributing 1k $ETH each to MolochDAO.
Ethereum Cat Herders Update #8
Exchange, Wallet News
- Bitfinex is able to raise 1b USDt in 10 days, in a private sale.
- Binance Security Breach Update. Hackers Steal $40.7 Million in Bitcoin. API Key Reset
- UniswapExchange announcing Unisocks - a limited edition, dynamically priced sock!!!
- Dapper a new Ethereum “smart wallet” by the creator of CryptoKitties.
- Sapphire Testnet - Prysm Eth2 Testnet
- Plasma Implementers call is coming back, details
- Nethermind 0.9.9 - 45GB mainnet fast sync in 5 hours (4x faster than Geth on same machines in our tests)
- truffle v5.0.17 — Some gardening and a new debugger feature
- soltix Version 0.1 - Scalable automated framework for testing Solidity compilers.
New Projects and Protocol
- Scratch 3.0 : an extension for Ethereum integration that allows kids to build apps (mostly games) on top of Ethereum.
- Lattice1 - The Lattice1 is an un-opinionated piece of hardware. Pre-Sales and Added GRID Redemption Functionality
Projects and Protocols update
- The State of Layer-2 Protocol Development #2 by ConsenSys.
- Nimbus (Status) - Two Point Oh: Randomness. What is RANDAO? What is VDF?
- MakerDAO and Airtm Partner to Empower Financial Stability in South America.
- DAppNode goes v0.2.0. The big revamp: Lighter, with higher stability and more flexibility.
- Announcing the FOAM Grants Program. Supporting a vibrant developer community to build trustless spatial applications.
- Introducing 0x Instant, Development Update #18
Print, Video, Podcast and Interviews
- Sub0: Substrate Developer Conference Sub0 Welcome Note - Dr. Jutta Steiner, Parity Technologies
- Vitalik in Microsoft Build 2019
- Cloud + Blockchain - Build Live with Mark Russinovich and Vitalik Buterin
- Gavin Wood, Ethereum Co-Founder : “My Biggest Disappointment Is How Toxic This Space Has Become”
- ConsenSys’ Joe Lubin: Ethereum’s Competition Isn’t Even Close.
- The Golden Path Forward with Shaun Djie, Digix.
Blockchain good reads
- Control as Liability by Vitalik Buterin
- Quantifying Immutability: Understanding how blockchain immutability changes over time and visualizing it to stakeholders - Yaz Khoury
- Ethereum 1x as an attempt to change the “process” - Alexey Akhunov
- Proofs of Proofs of Work with Sublinear Complexity
- FlyClient: Super-Light Clients for Cryptocurrencies
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 16, 2019: TOKEN SUMMIT IV NEW YORK CITY.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- May 17, 2019: Deadline to accept proposals for Instanbul upgrade fork
- May 23-25, 2019: Swarm Orange Summit Madrid 2019
- May 27-28, 2019: ethcon Korea
- June 10-11, 2019: Blockchain for Social Impact Conference 2019 Building a Resilient Future at Microsoft Conference Center, 11 Time Square, New York, NY.
- June 22 – 24, 2019: Zcon, Annual Privacy Conference
- July 19, 2019: BuildEth, San Francisco
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- September 16-17, 2019: STARKWare, Tel Aviv
- October 8-11, 2019: Devcon 5, Osaka, Japan.
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 16, 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade.
- October 30-31, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019, Russia- Moscow
Read earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________