(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Finland Begins Regulating Crypto Service Providers
- The regulation of cryptocurrency in Brazil and the rise of traceability.
- FedEx CIO: It’s time to mandate blockchain for international shipping.
- Attorney General James Announces Court Order Against “Crypto” Currency Company (Bitfinex/Tether) Under Investigation For Fraud
- AESDDoS Botnet Malware Exploits CVE-2019-3396 to Perform Remote Code Execution, DDoS Attacks, and Cryptocurrency Mining
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #60 [2019-04-26]
Ethereum Foundation collaborates with Protocol Labs (FileCoin) on VDFs research
ProgPOW funding approved for 3rd party audit.
Vitalik Buterin Proposes Doubling Staking Rewards
A List of Ethereum-related Forums
Eth Gas Station - EGS Garage with Chaz #1: Intro to me and my idea
Research into stateless clients - The shades of statefulness (in Ethereum nodes) by Alexey Akhunov.
Exchange, Trading and Wallet News
- What Trends are Ahead for Crypto Industry in 2019
- ETrade Is Close to Launching Cryptocurrency Trading
- MyCrypto - Ambo has launched on the App Store. Ambo, through guidance and support from MyCrypto, aims to be the premier iOS wallet for people who need an easier way to access the amazing technology of cryptocurrency.
- Binance Research - Categorizing Cryptoassets: A Return-Driven Cluster Analysis. Says Ripple (XRP) ‘Best Diversifier’, Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Most Correlated.
EIP / ERC
New Projects and Protocol
- Moon - Shop Online with Cryptocurrency. Shop directly on Amazon.com via Lightning Network or from your Coinbase account with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether and Bitcoin Cash.
- Loopring - Open source DEX matching engine by Loopring.
- VerX - ChainSecurity, an ETH Zurich spin-off, is happy to announce VerX, the first automated verifier for certifying custom functional requirements of Ethereum smart contracts.
- Cryptoraves Tokens - Cryptoraves tokens can be freely (literally, fee-lessly) requested and shared, all on Twitter, thanks to Loom’s PlasmaChain! They’re on Layer 2.
Projects and Protocols update
- Brave Launches the First Advertising Platform Built on Privacy. It’s easy to support the YouTube Channel
- Gitcoin’s Web 3 friendly ad platform - CodeFund Ads on Etherscan.
- The DistrictOx Weekly — April 27th, 2019
- KyberDAO Experiment #1 Review and Summary of Discussions
- Augur as Wikipedia for Markets.
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
EDCON Keynote Presentation with Vitalik Buterin & the Ethereum Foundation | EDCON 2019
Blockchain 101: Randomness and Random Beacons with Justin Drake
Austin Griffith: Path to Mass Adoption with the Burner Wallet
Griff Green, Giveth – Creating the New Economic Model of Giving
Blockchain good reads
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 16, 2019: TOKEN SUMMIT IV NEW YORK CITY.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- May 17, 2019: Deadline to accept proposals for Instanbul upgrade fork
- May 23-25, 2019: Swarm Orange Summit Madrid 2019
- June 22 – 24, 2019: Zcon, Annual Privacy Conference
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- August 21-23, 2019:DappCon
- August 23-25, 2019: ETHBerlin
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
- October 08-11, 2019: DeVcon
Read earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.