(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Facebook and Telegram Are Hoping to Succeed Where Bitcoin Failed
- LinkedIn Founder, Fidelity Latest to Carry Bitcoin’s ‘Lightning Torch’
- Fidelity Digital Assets to support @coinmetrics.
- GSR to Cut Overstock tZERO Investment 75%, down from $404 Million to $100 Million.
- London Stock Exchange Leads $20 Million Fundraise for Blockchain Startup Nivaura
- Intel - Can a Blockchain-Controlled Robot Change the Future?
- Federal Cryptocurrency Bill Tracker
Constantinople upgrade successfully done.
- Ether issuance is now just half a percent higher than Bitcoin.
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #56 (2019-03-01)
Ethereum Cat Herders Update #3
- Cat herders will publish more official blog post on ProgPOW.
- Community signals mostly in favor of ProgPOW
- Hopefully audit will be conducted soon. Two components to the audit -
- To see how long it would take an ASIC company to actually build a ProgPOW ASIC.
- Fund raising for audit is live on Gitcoin and Bounties.
A Twitter thread covering some of the coolest submissions from Eth Denver
Other blockchain News
- Coinhive, an in-browser Monero cryptocurrency miner famous for being abused by malware gangs, announced this week its intention to shut down all operations next month, on March 8, 2019.
- Let’s reminisce about 2014’s bizarre cryptocurrency market
Wasmer - Running WebAssembly 100x faster
EIP / ERC
- Proposing Higher standards for EIPs at Eth Magicians
- EIP ERC#1775: App Keys, application specific wallet accounts. Eth Magicians Post.
- ERC-1776 Native Meta Transactions - allows users that simply own ERC20 or ERC777 (ERC1155 could be supported too) tokens to perform operations on the ethereum network without needing to own ether themselves by letting a third party, the relayer, the responsibility to execute a transaction on the ethereum network carrying the desired operations (the so called meta transaction) in exchange of a token reward to cover the relayer's gas cost.
- ERC#1780 : Semantic Interface Registry / ERC820 Extension. Contract Metadata for Semantic Web Ontologies (first draft).
New Projects / Protocols
- Zether: a fully-decentralized, confidential payment mechanism that is compatible with Ethereum and other smart contract platforms.
- Waterloo : a Decentralized Practical Bridge between EOS and Ethereum
Part I: EOS → Ethereum
- Helena : inviting crypto experts, industry professionals, and crypto Twitter users to predict key events in the blockchain space. Prediction Markets Platform Is Live on Ethereum Mainnet
Projects and Protocols update
- Raiden Pulse #4: News from January and February
- MELON V1.0: ZAHREDDINO
- Pantheon 1.0 has arrived. New consensus algorithm + first permissioning system.
- GiveCrypto Monthly Update — Feb 2019: Doubling-down on Venezuela
- Aragon Network Vote #1 Review - GOVERNANCE
- Tokencard February 2019 Newsletter
- Decentraland to Debut on HTC EXODUS 1
- Chainsafe Lodestar Bi-weekly Update #3
- Gitcoin Introducing the CodeFund Referral Program
- Brave Software and TAP Network Put Blockchain to Work with New Partnership
- Status 0.10.0 Mobile Release - Blocking, Searching & Syncing
- Lighthouse Update #08
- Nimbus Development Update, Feb 2019. It is in sync with the latest Ethereum 2.0 spec changes - the 0.3 release.
- Building Applications Faster with OpenLaw: The Release of OpenLaw “Elements”
- An Intro to Truebit’s Interactive Coin Offering
- The Road Ahead for OmiseGO
Exchange, Minning, Wallet and Trading
- Kraken offering a $100,000 reward for discovery of Quadriga coins.
- SoFi to launch cryptocurrency trading in partnership with Coinbase.
- MyEtherWallet has recently partnered with Coral Protocol to bring secure, trustless transactions to MEW users with the SafeSend Dapp.
- XRP is now available to trade on Coinbase Pro
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
Blockchain good reads
- Ideas on how to improve scientific research: Bridging the gap from scientific discovery to new product by Brian Armstrong
- Stablecoins in 2019: Reliable, Proliferating, Liquid, and Global.
- Zero-Knowledge Proofs: A Layman’s Introduction
- Zk-channels: Private layer 2 payments on Ethereum
- The Gas Fee Game
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)Agenda
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHUofT, Toronto
- March 12, 2019: Blockchain International Scientific Conference. Register here
- March 22, 2019: Zero Knowledge Summit 0x03 (Berlin)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-5, 2019: Deconomy (Seoul)
- April 8-14, 2019: EDCON in Sydney.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- April 24, 2019: Enterprise Blockchain Awards
- April 24-26, 2019: Truffle Blockchain Development Workshop, Dublin 2019
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 16, 2019: TOKEN SUMMIT IV NEW YORK CITY.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- May 17, 2019: Deadline to accept proposals for Instanbul upgrade fork
- May 23-25, 2019: Swarm Orange Summit Madrid 2019
- June 22 – 24, 2019: Zcon, Annual Privacy Conference
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.