(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Samsung Confirms Galaxy S10 Will Include Private Crypto Key Storage
- University of Michigan Considers Further Investment in A16z’s Crypto Fund
- UN World Food Programme uses Parity Ethereum to aid 100,000 refugees.
- Indian Government Inaugurates National Crypto Forensic Lab
- Komodo and Amazon create a 60-second blockchain builder
- Bringing xDai to Harvard
- Brazilian Bank Aims to Raise $15 Million Through Security Token Offering
Ethereum Foundation Grants Program Wave 5 - The first grantees of 2019: The Matter, LeapDAO, Py-libp2p, Ethereum on ARM, Goerli testnet, Shadowlands, DeepSEA.
ConsenSys Grants is now accepting applications. Grants will be awarded in 2019 to projects that are building the foundational infrastructure, tools and components required to improve the developer and user experience of Ethereum. Apply today!
Sparkpool Freezes The Mysterious 2100 ETH Transaction Fee. They received the 2,100 ETH payout after mining block number 7,238,290 on the ethereum blockchain worth $300K.
Vlad Zamfir would be joining New York-based startup CasperLabs, in a paid role, to work on a new blockchain protocol and will continue his research on “governance” and “Proof-of-Stake” for the Ethereum Foundation, a role which will remain paid.
Ethereum Cat Herders Update #2
- Ethereum ProgPoW Explained
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) is joining IBM, Johns Hopkins, and other prestigious institutions at this first-ever Scholars in Blockchain International Scientific Conference on March 12. Chair of EEA Technical Standards Committee Conor Svensson will be participating in the panel discussion on the role of enterprises in supporting blockchain research.
Other blockchain News
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): Roger Ver pledges to support any cryptocurrency that works and heralds economic freedom.
- NEO Cofounder Praises the Ethereum Dev Community, Talks About the Future of Blockchain Tech and NEO 3.0
Why create2? Doing the “impossible” with create by Deviate Fish. Philippe Castonguay adding a few things you can do with CREATE2 that CREATE can’t permit
Security Review Period for Hardfork Roadmap
New Project / Protocol
- MolochDAO White Paper on using a grants DAO to fund public goods.
- Certik: DeepSEA/Blockchain - A language to write verified Ethereum contracts
- Monoplasma: A simple way to broadcast money to millions of people.
- Trustless Atomic Loans (TAL): Borrow and lend crypto on your terms from the safety of your wallet
- Plasma watchtower: a watchtower that monitors for invalid transactions on plasma chains
- Rhombus: Connect your smart contract with real-world data.
- rust-miximus: a MVP, WASM compatible zkSNARK of barrywhitehat's original Miximus.
- Lahja is a generic multi process event bus implementation written in Python 3.6+ to enable lightweight inter-process communication, based on non-blocking asyncio. v0.11.0 released
Project and Protocol updates
- Stability Fee Increase: February 22nd. The Maker Foundation Risk Team will place a proposal into the voting structure to raise the Dai Stability Fee by 0.5%, for a new rate of 1.5%.
- Pantheon Release series highlighting IBFT 2.0 feature. In part 2 we will write about our new permissioning feature.
- Polkadot: The Foundation of a New Internet
- Radical Results: Gitcoin’s $25K Match
- Uniswap passed Lightning Network for the #3 DeFi project!!
Exchange, Minning, Wallet and Trading
- Coinbase has acquired Neutrino, a blockchain intelligence platform. They believe it will play an important role in legitimizing crypto, making it safer and more accessible for everyone.
- Bitmain announces next generation 7nm ASIC chip for SHA256 mining, delivering breakthrough energy efficiency for Bitcoin Mining
- Binance DEX is now up for public testing where users can create their own wallets and interact with the trading platform’s interface.
- CoinMarketCap added Methodology page for listing process.
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- ETHDenver 2019 videos
- Whiteboard Series with NEAR. Justin Drake from Ethereum Foundation
- Verifiable Delay Functions Playlist.
- The Burner Wallet at @EthereumDenver.
- On the Road to Full Autonomy With Elon Musk
- E. Galano, Kris Shinn ~ Infura & EthQL: Improving the dApp Building Experience
Blockchain good reads
Maximally simple account abstraction without gas refunds by Vitalik Buterin
Strange Loop: An Ethereum Governance Framework Proposal by Dan Finlay.
Arithmetization I - math behind STARKs
Awesome Decentralized Finance: A curated list of awesome decentralized finance projects
Understanding How Blockchain Can Make Artificial Intelligence Safer and Smarter
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Bounty and Vacancy
- ETHGlobal 2019 Updates
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- February 27, 2019: Constantinople fork (block 7280000)
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHUofT, Toronto
- March 12, 2019: Blockchain International Scientific Conference. Register here
- March 22, 2019: Zero Knowledge Summit 0x03 (Berlin)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-5, 2019: Deconomy (Seoul)
- April 8-14, 2019: EDCON in Sydney.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- April 24, 2019: Enterprise Blockchain Awards
- April 24-26, 2019: Truffle Blockchain Development Workshop, Dublin 2019
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.