(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
IBM X-Force Red Launches New Service for Blockchain Security Testing. New Service Uncovers and Helps Address Security Vulnerabilities in Blockchain Design and Implementations.
Israel regulatory authority recommends regulated platform for cryptocurrency trading
Switzerland's Main Stock Exchange Launches Ethereum ETP Trading
South Korean authorities create Task Force to prevent cryptocurrency crimes
Nevada is working hard to ensure it is one of the friendliest blockchain states!
- Governance on /r/ethereum
- Fidelity Crypto Chief Says Hard Fork May Delay Firm’s Support for Ethereum
- Ethereum has the biggest developer team in crypto! Monthly developers average 216
- 1218 DNS top-level domains deployed with the necessary DNSSEC support to ENS on Goerli.
- Opera is integrating ENS + IPFS
- PROGPOW Explained in under 4 min. & why it matters to GPU Miners
- Ethereum is not succumbing to maximalism, a discussion on reddit.
- ConsenSysVC has invested $1.15 million in blockchain privacy startup Ligero and an undisclosed amount in Philippines crypto exchange PDAX.
Other blockchain news
- Monero Mined On 400 Vulnerable Docker Servers.
- 4th Largest Bitcoin Wallet - Emptied
- Why Ethereum Classic should Adopt Keccak256 for its Proof of Work Algorithm.
Exchange, Wallet, Trading and Minning news
- Vitalik proposes 1 gwei/gas fee for txs sent through their wallet.
- eToro officially launches its cryptocurrency exchange in the US
- Parity Signer Turn your smartphone into a hardware wallet.
- MyEtherWallet: You can now schedule future transactions for a specific time or block number using the Ethereum Alarm Clock #dapp by ChronoLogic in MEW V5.
- Coinbase Exec on Controversial Neutrino Acquisition, Adding Support for Ripple’s XRP. Says It Never Shared ‘Personally Identifiable’ Customer Data.
- Omise Holdings opens signups for GO.exchange (limited open/no fee)
- Ethfinex Migrates to 0x V2 . Ethfinex Restarts Token Voting With Revenue Share Incentive
- Bitmain already facing multiple lawsuits and more being filed.
- Cryptocurrency mining on college campuses rises as students make use of free electricity.
Dapplets: Rethinking Dapp Architecture for better adoption and security
When ewasm ? by Alex Beregszaszi
When Lightning STARKs - Scaling Payments with STARKs.
Parity Shasper Testnet Plans
Solidity Version 0.5.5
EIP / ERC
- EIP-1837 : Explicit transaction fees
- ERC1836: Upgradable Identity Proxy
- EIP-1822: Introducing the “Escape-hatch” Proxy. Medium.
- EIP-1815: EIP that standardises the interface of blind auction contracts (first draft)
- EIP-1812: Ethereum Verifiable Claims
New Projects / Protocols
- ZRNT - Executable spec for ETH 2.0, implemented in Go. Reddit
- Vaulttel: VaultTel offers enhanced security against software wallets alone as it uses enhanced iOS and Android platform with VaultTel Chip validation in addition to encryption data storage and biometric authentication. Coindesk.
- ETHMail: ETHMail is an email provider. It providers email services like Gmail.
- SmartPy : An intuitive and effective smart contracts language and development platform for Tezos with Python syntax.
- Kyokan: Announcing our Plasma MVP Alpha
Projects and Protocols update
- Bounties Network: Our ETHDenver Highlights. Colorado Network, Faces of Ethereum, UNICEF Boost Token & More. Reddit
- paritytech/substrate - Initial: Offchain Workers #1942
- KyberDAO Voting Experiment #1
- EtherNode is nearing production
- Maker DAO Governance Poll Proposed Stability Fee Increase: +2%
- Introducing the Alethio API & Analytics Suite - Towards a Transparent & Accessible Decentralized Future.
- The District Weekly — March 9th, 2019
- Brave’s Opt-In Private Ad Platform Enters Second Phase with BAT Rewards for Users and Reporting for Brands. Brave Software and TAP Network Put Blockchain to Work with New Partnership.
- Civil Memberships available worldwide starting March 6.
Out of the league
- Satoshi Nakamoto - Found Him!!
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- What's the progress on Ethereum 2.0? Interview with PegaSys's Ben Edgington
- Gitcoin: Growing Open Source Software with Kevin Owocki
- The Enemy is not the Community: it’s our own naivety - Maria Paula Fernández
- Formal Verification with Martin Lundfall from Dapphub & MakerDAO
Blockchain good reads
- Why Do We Need Transaction Data? The “data” field exists for all transactions, but what actually goes there, and why?
- Ethereum Explained: Gas, Payment, and Mining
- Model 0: low-level defence measures for Sybil attacks in P2P networks
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHUofT, Toronto
- March 12, 2019: Blockchain International Scientific Conference. Register here
- March 22, 2019: Zero Knowledge Summit 0x03 (Berlin)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-5, 2019: Deconomy (Seoul)
- April 8-14, 2019: EDCON in Sydney.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- April 24, 2019: Enterprise Blockchain Awards
- April 24-26, 2019: Truffle Blockchain Development Workshop, Dublin 2019
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 16, 2019: TOKEN SUMMIT IV NEW YORK CITY.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- May 17, 2019: Deadline to accept proposals for Instanbul upgrade fork
- May 23-25, 2019: Swarm Orange Summit Madrid 2019
- June 22 – 24, 2019: Zcon, Annual Privacy Conference
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.