(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
JP Morgan introduces JPM Coin for payments
Mozilla to add cryptomining blocking. Why not adblocking? This is an absurd double standard.
Nasdaq to Add Bitcoin and Ethereum Indices to Global Data Service
Cryptocurrency-hijacking malware ‘Clipper’ discovered on Google’s Play Store
Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey Says Bitcoin’s Lightning Is Coming to Cash App
Amazon Managed Blockchain - Easily create and manage scalable blockchain networks, is a fully managed service that makes it easy to create and manage scalable blockchain networks using the popular open source frameworks Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum.
Hyundai Commercial works with IBM to create blockchain-based platform to expand its commercial financing services
NYSE Arca, Inc. Filing for New Bitcoin ETF
SEC re-released Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) guide
SendFriend Announces $1.7M in Capital from 8 Decimal Capital, Techstars, 2020 Ventures, Barclays, MIT Media Lab. Partners with Ripple, and leverages xRapid to create a seamless money transfer experience.
Constantinople fork (block # 7280000) on February 27/28. Constantinople isn’t being delayed due to CREATE2. Explained in Eth All Core Dev call.
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #55 [2019-02-15]
Staking on LOOM PlasmaChain now LIVE
Danny Ryan Tweet storm on "leadership" in Ethereum 2.0
Ethereum Cat Herders Update #1
- Auditing company found.
- ProgPoW CarbonVote is on.
- All you need to know about ProgPoW Votings
- Related discussion thread on Reddit
- Does the origin of open-source code matter?
- Why Is It Taking to so Long to Implement POS on Ethereum?
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Expands Presence in Asia; Appoints Blockchain Expert Dr. Weijia Zhang to Lead China Office.
- Unbound Tech Joins the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Join a webinar on Feb 20, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (ET). This webinar is open to all non-members of the EEA. Register
Other blockchain News
- Opening the Filecoin Project Repos
- Welcome Corey Glick to IOTA Foundation
- Cardano Community Newsletter - February 15, 2019
Shasper Testnet Plans and Short-lived Public Testnet v0
Towards Efficient RSA Accumulator Proof Generation - Plasma Prime
Solidity tips and tricks to save gas and reduce bytecode size.
ConsenSys - A guide to available tools and platforms for developing on Ethereum.
- Anthony Sassano's Tweet storm on Eth1.0 and Eth1,x
- State Fees (formerly State rent) pre-EIP proposal version 3
- Networking in Serenity (ETH2.0)
- Eth2.0 call
- Ethereum 2.0 Development Update #22 — Prysmatic Labs
- ChainSafe Systems - ETH2.0 Lodestar Bi-weekly update #2
Update to Parity Ethereum 2.2.10-stable or 2.3.3-beta ASAP. "UPDATE: The scope of the fixed vulnerability is wider than originally thought. Everyone who runs Parity Ethereum, not just those who serve JSON-RPC publicly, should update to 2.2.10-stable and 2.3.3-beta as soon as possible."
Eth2.0 spec release v0.3.0 — Let There Be Liquidity
New Parity Ethereum update fixes several RPC vulnerabilities.
State channels with state assertions
New Project / Protocol
- More Viable PlasmaDog Premiers at ETHDenver on Rinkeby
- SKALE Labs : Skale empowers Ethereum dApps to run high-speed, low-cost smart contracts in Layer 2
- Forge Platform: Real-time & Historical Insights for your Ethereum based projects.
- Dappi: Embeddable widgets
for any smart contract. Make interacting with your smart contract as easy as a retweet. Pre-define functions, customize the look, use.
Project and Protocol updates
- Raiden Protocol Explained
- OmiseGO’s Alpha Release (Ari)
- Earn Zcash while learning about blockchain privacy
- 5 Growth Hacks With Bounty0x
- EthCC Web3 Ecosystem Development Track
- Status Introducing Keycard - The secure, contactless hardwallet & open source API
- Cosmos Hub to Launch Mainnet - Pre-launch Dependencies & How to Safely Claim Your Atoms
- 0x ZEIP-23: trade bundles of assets. Vote on ZEIP23 with ZRX on February 18, 2019
Out of the league
- The Genius - Vitalik Buterin, AR / Interactive Painting
- 3D ETH Artworks by Coldie donated to ETH DENVER charity auction.
Exchange, Minning, Wallet and Trading
Backup your encrypted private keys on Google Drive and iCloud with Coinbase Wallet
NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2019
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
Technical deep dive into "Shasper" - Wei Tang
Unleashing Melon into the wild with Jenna Zenk
AMA Charles Hoskinson 02/16/2019
Alexey Akhunov (u/ledgerwatch) on TurboGeth, Ethereum 1.x, state rent & eWASM – Epicenter Podcast
Lending on Ethereum: Nadav Hollander of Dharma
Blockchain good reads
- How to import medium articles to #web3
- How to Code Your Own Confidential Token on Ethereum. Step-by-step tutorial on how to develop your own confidential token with AZTEC
- Create your own company on Ethereum in 5 minutes
- Building a decentralized Reddit with Embark - Part 2
- Solving Scalability of Ethereum through Loom Sidechains (Tutorial)
- The Next Step for Stablecoins: Decentralized Oracles. Analyzing how stablecoins approach price feeds.
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
**Bounty and Vacancy **
Enjoy ETHDenver with
- aave Bounty Challenge
- MakerDAO - Sponsor Bounty at ETHDenver 2019
Blockchain PM Jobs for 15 February by Chris
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- February 27, 2019: Constantinople fork (block 7280000)
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHUofT, Toronto
- March 22, 2019: Zero Knowledge Summit 0x03 (Berlin)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-5, 2019: Deconomy (Seoul)
- April 8-14, 2019: EDCON in Sydney.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- April 24-26, 2019: Truffle Blockchain Development Workshop, Dublin 2019
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________