(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Wyoming Introduces Crypto Related Bills which Gives Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin the same Status as Money.
- Bitcoin is now accessible at your local grocery store via Coinstar Kiosks.
- NASA to Use Blockchain Technology For Air Traffic Management. Blockchain would address the potential issues of privacy, prevent spoofing, denial of service and other attacks.
Security Alert: Ethereum Constantinople Postponement by Ethereum Team
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #53
- Agenda #70,
- Constantinople re-fork on Feb 27th at block 7.28M
- Mr. Else explained that with implementing ProgPow, the goal is not to win a hardware but to make it less evil. No decision on including ProgPow in next upgrade yet.
The EEA and ConsenSys Academy are collaborating.
Other blockchain News
Over $3.2 trillion was sent using bitcoin in 2018
Circle’s USDC Stablecoin Fully Dollar Backed, passed auditing.
New Ethereum Dev Tools from 0x: Four tools to help you write better smart contracts.
Deploy a private IPFS network on Ubuntu in 5 steps by Sander van Laar
- Serenity, Proof-of-Stake, Sharding - all that is completely unrelated to protocol upgrades on the Ethereum 1.0 chain. "It's important to understand that Proof-of-Stake, the so-called "phase 0" / the "beacon chain," will not be a hardfork, unlike other milestones. We will see beacon chain testnets very soon, within weeks or months. And I expect that we can reach the Serenity milestone within a year, optimistically speaking." - Afri
- Teams Building Eth 2.0
- Exploring Ethereum 2.0 Design Goals - What are the principles shaping the development of Ethereum 2.0, Serenity? Where are the landmarks and constellations that will guide us? What’s the map for the journey?
- Eth2.0 Implementers Call #10 [2019/1/17]
- What's New in Eth2 - 18 January 2019
- eth2.0-specs - phase 0 validator doc
- Ethereum 2.0 Development Update #20 — Prysmatic Labs
EIP / ERC
- ERC1710: URL format for web3 browsers
New Projects and Protocols
- Parity Fether light client based wallet: Beta is out.
- ADVENTUREUM : Text-based, crowd-sourced, decentralised choose-your-own adventure game.
- BeaconChain.swift: Swift implementation of Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain
- Veil is a peer-to-peer prediction market and derivatives platform built on top of Augur, 0x, and Ethereum. It is live on Mainnet
- Urbit: is a personal cloud server.
Project and Protocol updates
- BAT offering 30 days of free advertising for crypto projects.
- Decentraland 2019 Project Update
- Panvala Token Grant Applications from Gnosis, Status and Level K
- Pulling Back The Curtain: How ShapeShift Handles Law Enforcement Compliance
Out of the league
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Andrew Keys - Building a Stronger ConsenSys in a Decentralized World
Blockchain good reads
- What to Expect When ETH’s Expecting by James Prestwich
- The Year in Ethereum by Josh Stark, Evan Van Ness, and Daniel Zakrisson
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- January 10 - February 7, 2018: 0x and Coinlist virtual hackathon
- January 22, 2019: Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) at World Economic Forum, Davos.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- January 31, 2019: GörliCon Berlin
- February 7-8, 2019: M1 Asset Management 3.0 , Zug.
- February 16-17, 2019: NEO DevCon 2019, Seattle
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. Your support by Like, Share and Donation are much appreciated. Thank you!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________