- OpenNode turned down $1.25 million from Roger Ver to accept Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- White Hat Hackers Earned $878,000 from Crypto Bug Bounties in 2018.
- National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) Launches Ripple-Based Cross-Border Payments Product
- Discover Web 3 apps in Opera browser
- Visa Purchases Ripple Partner Earthport
- Wall Street Quietly Shelves Its Bitcoin Dreams. Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and many more built it. But they didn’t come.
- Unicef France now accepts Dai
- Italy Announces 30 Experts to Lead National Blockchain Strategy
Other blockchain news
LITECOIN STEPS INTO THE OCTAGON AND ONTO THE GLOBAL STAGE AT UFC 232: JONES VS. GUSTAFFSON 2
Reddit Thread with the list of all Ripple (XRP) partnerships
A Bitcoin Private (BTCP) case study by Coin Metrics. Bitcoin Private (BTCP) is a fork-merge of Bitcoin and ZClassic. Over 2 million Bitcoin Private tokens were covertly premined.
Ethereum Classic Difficulty Formula by Christian Seberino.
Constantinople will most likely activate on Wednesday, Jan 16th, probably around 7am UTC. Current average block time is 14.48 seconds. 104407 blocks to go (6975593/7080000). Timer
Ethereum Looks To Process 1 Million Transactions Per Second With Raiden’s Red Eyes Protocol
Tweet storm by Tuur Demeester on Ethereum. Vitalik's response to Tuur. Redditor (who works in the Ethereum Ecosystem) u/blurpesec list of criticisms . What are your constructive criticisms of Ethereum/the Ethereum Ecosystem at this point?
Common Problems Setting Up a Private Ethereum Blockchain
Serenity (Ethereum 2.0)
- NodeTokyo2 - Ethereum 2.0 a.k.a. Serenity Update
- Eth 2.0 staking reward cheatsheet
- What's New in Eth2 - 28 December 2018
- Next Implementers' call scheduled for Thursday 3rd January at 2pm GMT. Agenda.
- Eth 2.0 Phase 0 Beacon Chain is Implemented. All ETH 2.0 block operations including casper slashings, attestation processing, deposit handling, and RANDAO done with 100% test coverage according to the latest spec.
- Nimbus Development Update - 2018.12.27
EVM and Ewasm
Concept - etherless - a pow based barrierless EVM
EIP / ERC
Big features coming in the next few months for ERC-721s
New Projects and Protocols
- Orbit: CRYPTO WAGERING WITH NO LIMITS. Peer-to-peer wagering with no house where you control the risk and a player always wins. Live on mainnet.
- Announcing EnjinX: Ad-Free, User-Friendly Ethereum Blockchain Explorer. EnjinX is a modern, fast, responsive web app for exploring Ethereum, ERC-20 tokens & blockchain data. Bitcoin, ERC-1155, ERC-721, Litecoin & Dogecoin support will come in 2019, making EnjinX the first universal blockchain explorer—ever.
- Announcing 3Box.js 1.1.0 — API Boost: 3Box.js gets a few major performance upgrades. Now with support for GraphQL queries, network cache and local cache.
- Gitcoin End of Year Letter 2018
- From Melon to waterMelon. Melonport is now waterMelonport.
- Brave Rewards is anonymous donation system integrated directly into the Brave desktop browser. It will clearly indicate which publishers and creators have not yet joined Brave Rewards, so users can better control how they donate and tip.
- Daonomic Integrates Kyber To Allow Different Tokens To Be Accepted For Token Sales
- Unikrn launches UMode skill-based game betting platform in 41 states.
- Indorse Year in Review 2018
- Zilliqa Project Update #24 — Happy Holidays from Zilliqa
- The 2018 Recap of Recaps: XYO By the Numbers!
- JIT for Truebit
Out of the league
- Crypto advertising on the NY metro
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Scaling Ethereum with Plasma: Georgios Konstantopoulos of Loom
Blockchain good reads
- Ethereum Explained: Merkle Trees, World State, Transactions, and More by Pegasys
- Blockchain and Freelancing: How Blockchain can Fuel the Gig Economy
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- Hacking the most popular cryptocurrency hardware wallets
- Ledger - Still Got Your Crypto: In Response to wallet.fail’s Presentation. Every sensitive assets stored on the Secure Element remain secure. Don’t worry, your crypto assets are still secure on your Ledger device.
- Bitfinex and Ethfinex to Complete Data Migration to Dedicated Bare-Metal Servers on January 7th 2019. The last stage of the migration managed will take Bitfinex and Ethfinex offline for up to seven hours.
- SWIFT Blockchain adds Dash (DASH) to its blockchain wallet app
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- January 10 - February 7, 2018: 0x and Coinlist virtual hackathon
- January 16, 2019: Constantinople hard fork at block 7080000
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 7-8, 2019: M1 Asset Management 3.0 , Zug.
- February 16-17, 2019: Neo devcon, Seattle
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. Your support by Like, Share and Donation are much appreciated. Thank you!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________