- Mikerah Quintyne-Collins, who was given 1000 ETH by Vitalik this week, has officially dropped out of college.
- Germany’s 2nd Largest Stock Exchange (Stuttgart Stock Exchange) Listing Bitcoin, XRP, Ethereum and Litecoin on Crypto Trading Platform
- US Lawmakers File Bill to Exempt Cryptocurrencies from Securities Laws. Ron Paul says its Time to end the FED, Endorses Tax-Free Bitcoin. Contact your congressman about the Token Taxonomy Act.
- Facebook Is Developing a Cryptocurrency for WhatsApp Transfers. As Facebook Raised a Privacy Wall, It Carved an Opening for Tech Giants. Internal documents show that the social network gave Microsoft, Amazon, Spotify and others far greater access to people’s data than it has disclosed.
- Atari partners with Animoca Brands to make blockchain versions of Atari games RollerCoaster Tycoon® Touch™ and Goon Squad™
- LiquidShare launches the Pilot Phase of its Blockchain Post-Trade Infrastructure for European SMEs.
- National Social Development Bank , a Brazilian Bank Is Using Ethereum to Issue a Stablecoin
- CEO of Blockchain Startup Digital Asset Steps Down in Surprise Departure
- America Could Lead the Transition to a Digital Currency Reserve - NY Times
- Switzerland sets legal foundations for blockchain industry
- A 1st in Bengal (India) baby gets blockchained birth certificate.
Other blockchain news
- NEL releases NeoRay debugging tool for NEO smart contracts
- The state of Bitcoin - 59 pages long PDF report on Bitcoin by Delphi Digital.
- Raspberry Pi Bitcoin Node up and running, 100% blockchain synced.
- Litecoin Foundation & X9 Devs partner to support LTCD and Lightning Network.
- Ethereum 2018 in review.
- First story (News Site Full Article) archived by a U.S. publication straight onto the Ethereum blockchain at the Popula kickstarter.
- Ethereum Foundation Emerging Economies Survey
- Vitalik Buterin donated 1000 ETH to Prysmatic Labs, Chainsafe and SigmaPrime.
- ETHGlobal 2018 wrap-up, and looking ahead to 2019
- EEA Technical Documents
- ConsenSys plans to spin out most of its startups, and it’s going to mean layoffs. As many as 50 to 60 percent of the company’s employees could be let go.
- Tweet storm on "Bear market" by alex van de sande. Personally, I agree too. This bear market may have hurt a few projects that were really into contributing ecosystem. In my opinion, small startups who is running on donation and projects raising money via crowdsale in ETH (eg @ $300), may have hard time retaining resources they expected to carry with the project.
- About the Ethereum 1.x Ring category: This is a “Meta-Ring” intended to encompass the Ethereum 1.x initiative and related working groups (the participants in which may form Rings).
- AlexeyAkhunov on raising block gas limit (and State Rent)
- Backwards-Forwards sync of Ethereum clients
- Hypothetical maximum scale of Eth 1.x by lrettig
Serenity (Ethereum 2.0)
ProgPOW - Gangnam testnet is live. The world's first ProgPoW ethereum testnet.
EVM and Ewasm
Article: The EVM Is Fundamentally Unsafe by lrettig
State of EVM Packages – End of 2018 by Zeppelin OS
Goerli Contributors Call #1
EIP / ERC
ERC-1667 - Standardized Plasma MVP Proposal
ERC820: Last Call (#1660)
New Projects and Protocols
- Beam: A scalable confidential cryptocurrency based on the Mimblewimble protocol on Mainnet Release will go live on January 3rd, 2019 at 02:00 PM (GMT).
- Grin - the private & lightweight mimblewimble blockchain. Launch planned for Jan. 15th 2019.
- DPAGE - Publish web content on the decentralized internet
- ONEX Network - Proof-of-Stake ETC token
- Casanova: A scalable consensus protocol for blockchain
- QuuBe is an e-marketplace built on the Ethereum blockchain technology by Qoo10.
- Plasma Winter - an account model Plasma with with zkSNARK proved state transitions. Started on ETH Singapore.
- Ethereum Social Impact Collaboration: Donate ether to support Heifer International
- ZkDai — Private DAI transactions on Ethereum using Zk-SNARKs
- Introducing the dxDAO - The dxDAO awakens on April 4th, 2019. The dxDAO will be a community-governed DAO with total control over the DutchX trading protocol. Anyone can participate in what will be the first ever fully decentralized trading protocol.
- Digix Stablecoin Seeks to Put Gold on the [Ethereum] Blockchain
- Raiden Network - Red Eyes Mainnet Release Announcement
- Universal Logins update – new live demo
- Announcing the ENS 3-6 Character Auction
- Parity Substrate has arrived. Substrate implementation of the AdEx Protocol v4: OUTPACE & Registry
- The Next Chapter For Civil - Lessons learned, and turning the page
- The Aragon One commitment
- Ethereum on ARM. EthArmbian is now hardfork-ready. Geth and Parity images for Constantinople.
- DDEX - Why we are forking 0x. ANALYSIS: HYDRO FORKING 0x
- The State of Gnosis
- Cosmos Game of Stakes testnet just went live
- WBTC Progress Update — Dec 2018
Out of the league
- Monero Smartphone wallpaper
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Hashing It Out #33: Loom Network / Plasma Cash – Georgios Konstantopoulos
- Parity's Afri Schoedon: Clients, Serenity, Görli and Private Blockchains
Blockchain good reads
Discouragement attacks by Vitalik Buterin
Silent But Vulnerable: Ethereum Gas Security Concerns
Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Wallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- Coinbase Earn: Earn cryptocurrency while learning about new digital assets (by invite-only mode now).
- Ethereum tokens Dai (DAI), Golem (GNT), Maker (MKR), and Zilliqa (ZIL) have launched on Coinbase Pro in select jurisdictions.
- Direct crypto conversions on Coinbase
- Binance Labs Releases 8 Blockchain Projects From Its Incubator Program.
- Rigoblock Token Sale - Now On Ethfinex
- Stratis Finally Launches Their Long-Awaited C# Full Node
Create your free personal portfolio with Digital Asset Calculator
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- January 10 - February 7, 2018: 0x and Coinlist virtual hackathon
- January 16, 2019: Constantinople hard fork at block 7080000
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 7-8, 2019: M1 Asset Management 3.0 , Zug.
- February 16-17, 2019: Neo devcon, Seattle
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. Your support by Like, Share and Donation are much appreciated. Thank you!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.