- SEC Names Valerie A. Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- Walton Blockchain Institute, a non-profit foundation officially approved by the Ministry of Science and ICT of South Korea, is officially launched on June 8, at 4 PM (Korea Time).
- Korea Customs Service (KCS) has applied blockchain technology to grow the direct purchasing of foreign goods. loopchain technology to be applied to Import Customs Clearance Procedure.
- Cryptocurrency adoption - London Waterloo Train Station
- Bitcoin trading in Venezuela is skyrocketing amid 14,000% inflation
- Matt Huang Leaving Sequoia Capital (previously was with Twitter Inc.) to Start Crypto Fund With Fred Ehrsam
- Ethereum ATM in Hong Kong
- James Martin Duffy, co-founder Loom Network - Ethereum Will Be the Backbone of the New Internet
- "I’m supposed to stop contributing to Ethereum after sensing certain kinds of user activities" - Yoichi Hirai
- Parity 1.11.3 (beta) or 1.10.6 (stable). Upgrade ASAP.
Other Blockchain News
- Ripple Introduces the University Blockchain Research Initiative. Ripple has committed over $50 million in funding, subject matter expertise and technical resources to UBRI’s first wave of university partners —17 prestigious institutions around the world. * CEO Expect dozens of banks to use their cryptocurrency.
- Monero CLI v0.12.2.0 "Lithium Luna", which includes full @LedgerHQ support, released!
- Volkswagen, together with IOTA will show at #cebit18 a proof of concept how the trusted transfer of software over-the-air to vehicles can be securely documented using the #tangle.
- Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #39
- Discussion about storage rent in the testnets
- Ethereum Sharding
* Prysmatic Labs Core Meeting #5
* Registrations, shard count and shuffling
- Casper Research Call #54
- Plasma Simple Fast Withdrawals
- Solidity - Converting a Java Implementation of Quicksort to Solidity
- Survey Response - EIP0 Shared Values
- EIP1087: Net gas metering for SSTORE operations
- EIP1013: Hardfork Meta: Constantinople
- EIP1081: Standard Bounties (WIP)
- EIP1098: Cross-client encrypt/decrypt
- ERC1138: URI Format for Calling Functions
- ERC1132: Extending ERC20 with token locking capability
- ERC1133: Nesting token standard
Good Reads on Blockchain
- Making Sense of Web 3 by Josh Stark.
- Crafting New Value with Existing Tokens by Brian Flynn
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Michael Novogratz, founder and chief executive officer of Galaxy Digital Capital Management, talks about the impact of cryptocurrencies on institutional investment with Bloomberg's Erik Schatzker at the Bloomberg Invest Summit in New York.
- Gavin Wood - Tech Talks: The Energy Blockchain
- EthBuenosAires Zero Knowledge episode #28
- Leverj - A Faster DEX Using Plasma
Project updates and Press Release
- Brave launches $500,000 BAT giveaway per month for browser users, alongside monthly payments to Brave Publishers. Brave currently has 2.7 million monthly active users. Reddit discussion thread.
- VeChain Financial Executive Report vol. 3. As a Co-Founding Member, VeChain helps establish the Shanghai Wine and Liquor Blockchain Alliance
- Private Voting for TCRs with Enigma
- Request Network Project Update (June 8th, 2018) — AMA Special, Request Network now available for Shopify, Donaid Beta program to receive crypto donations & hiring.
- Partnership Announcement for Carboneum & ICON. Launching of Mobile ICONex for Android.
- dYdX Launches on Testnet
- ZenCash Statement On Double Spend Attack
- Genesis Markets is now live.
- Brass Golem Beta 0.16.0
- Oyster Protocol Next Phase
- Creating an easy onboarding user experience for the Raiden Network
- Connext v0.3 Developer Update
Out of the league
- When Crypto Meets Conceptual Art, Things Get Weird. Kevin Abosch, 48, is a New York-based conceptual artist and photographer who is bringing the technology behind virtual currencies into his projects. He has been wearing an electroencephalogram, or EEG cap, while he works to measure electrical activity in the brain. He is turning the technology behind cryptocurrencies into art, stamping blockchain addresses in his own blood and selling a virtual neon Lamborghini.
- A Periodic Table of Cryptocurrencies.
Trading & Mining
- acquires Keystone Capital Corp., Venovate Marketplace, Inc., and Digital Wealth LLC. Planning to work with regulators to tokenize existing types of securities, bringing to this space the benefits of cryptocurrency-based markets. If approved, Coinbase will soon be capable of offering blockchain-based securities, under the oversight of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- is Coming to Japan, Welcomes Fintech Leader Nao Kitazawa
- Bithumb Officially Cleared by the Korean IRS for Alleged Illegal Activities - The National Tax Services announced that after @BithumbOfficial 's audit they will be charged ~$30mil in taxes. The IRS found no illegal activities such as tax evasion to have taken place. The investigation was completed mid April.
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- Crypto Against Humanity was honored as one of the five general winners of the ETH Buenos Aires Hackathon.
- Melon Olympiad - A series of blockchain-based asset management competitions incentivizing user testing and software adoption. The registration with Bitcoin Suisse is open and shall remain open until June 18, 2018.
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform. Program registrations are open now.
- May 23, 2018 - June 30, 2018: 1st Solidity Gas Golfing Contest
- June 5-24, 2018: Colony Global Hackathon.
- June 9-10, 2018: EOS Hackathon - in Hong Kong
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- June 11, 2018: Consensys Academy Developer Program - Apply till June 4, 2018.
- June 11-13,2018: MoneyConf - Dublin.
- June 12-14, 2018. TechXLR8. London.
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
- July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
- July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
- July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon,
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
TokenData - ICOs raised a total of $2 billion in May 2018. 53 completed ICOs raised a total of $1.1B in May 2018 - versus $548M in April.
IDMoney Pre-sale ending on June 30, 2018.
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________