- Microsoft is reportedly talking about buying GitHub, a platform for software developers last valued at $2 billion
- Former Reuters Risk Exec Joins Crypto Compliance Startup
- The latest version of Netflix's Cloud Gateway, Zuul 2 is now open source and available for general use.
- GMO Internet Launches “CryptoChips byGMO” That Enables Distribution of Bitcoin as Remuneration Within the Game Application in August 2018
- Alibaba-Founded Insurtech Firm Promotes Blockchain Use in Healthcare Industry
- Crypto Millionaire Matthew Mellon Dies Leaving More than $500 Million Lost
- 11 CEOs and founders on whether cryptocurrencies will be mainstream in 2019 - CNBC
- Implementing Casper FFG in Geth
- Survey - EIP0 Shared Values
- Parity Casper testnet is live! Now testing: networking and txpool propagation.
- Ethereum Surpasses Bitcoin in Number of Active Addresses
Other Blockchain News
- Ethereum Classic Forks to Lower Block Time, Increase Mining Difficulty.
- IOTA Foundation AMA
- Ethereum Sharding
- EthereumJS client implementation (in development). How you can contribute.
- Casper Research Call #53
- Partial implementation of the Ethereum runtime in Solidity (PoC)
- Explaining unexpected reverts starting with Solidity 0.4.22 by Christian Reitwiessner
- Solevm - EVM interpreter in Solidity
- Trinity v0.1.0-alpha.1 "Valentina Tereshkova" released for new Python client.
- Sacrosancter (v1.8.10) released
- Sacrosanct (v1.8.9) released
- EIP / ERC
Good Reads on Blockchain
Cryptoeconomics Study - 1.0 - Chapter 1 Overview by Karl Floersch
- Two-speed Casper FFG
- Sharding - Two ways to do cross-links : On-chain aggregation Vs Off-chain aggregation.
- Sharding - Fixed-size deposits and rewards/penalties/quad leak.
- Sharding - Threshold Lamport signatures can survive with much lower size by compromising on per-signature security level - Edit (2018.05.28): Hash ladder sigs
Pentesting Ethereum dApps by Brandon Arvanaghi
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Token Summit videos
- ETHPrize - (84) Ethereum project developer's interviews compiled
- What’s new on the block: an interview with Ethereum’s Nick Johnson
- The Brave Cookie Monster - Brendan Eich
- Bitcoin Pizza Guy: Laszlo Hanyecz on Why Bitcoin is Still the Only Flavor of Crypto for Him
- Zeppelin and a chat about upgradability - Facu Spagnuolo and Demian Brener
- Bifrost - ConsenSys, Maker, and Dether teamed up to build project Bifrost, a system that expedites and reduces the cost of delivering of cash on the ground in crisis areas.
- Betoken - A decentralized crypto hedge fund powered by Kyber Network
- Blockpass - Identity for a Connected World
- EatBCH- A peer-to-peer electronic cash-to-food system.
Project updates and Press Release
- EOS Mainnet Launch: The Order of Events. After a year-long ICO, the wait is finally over for EOS and eosDAC ERC20 token holders, as all users need to register their respective Ethereum addresses with EOS public addresses.
- OmiseGO Holiday Special AMA. Official Question Thread for OmiseGO AMA #1.
- ZeppelinOS is live.
- Truebit VM Spec
- Status Alpha version 0.9.19 has released.
- MaidSafe PARSEC (Protocol for Asynchronous, Reliable, Secure and Efficient Consensus) has been built to power the SAFE Network.
- KyberGo by Kyber Network
- Enuma Technologies - Sprites State Channels
- Zymbit and Oaken Innovations announce a product development partnership to deliver trusted IoT solutions for Ethereum Virtual Machine compatible blockchain software.
- iExec Releases the First-Ever Blockchain Marketplace for Trading Cloud Computing
Out of the league
Mining and Trading
- Bittrex Gets Bank Agreement to Help You Buy Bitcoin With Dollars
- Binance Reveals Plan for $1 Billion Blockchain Startup Fund
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- Melon Olympiad - A series of blockchain-based asset management competitions incentivizing user testing and software adoption.
- MAKEAFOLIO - Facebook bounty campaign
- Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform. Program registrations are open now.
- May 23 - June 30 2018: 1st Solidity Gas Golfing Contest
- June 3, 2018: Bangkok Community Meetup
- June 5-24, 2018: Colony Global Hackathon.
- June 9-10, 2018: EOS Hackathon - in Hong Kong
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- June 11, 2018: Consensys Academy Developer Program - Apply till June 4, 2018.
- June 11-13,2018: MoneyConf - Dublin.
- June 12-14, 2018. TechXLR8. London.
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
- July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
- July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
- July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon,
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- IDMoney Pre-sale ending on June 30, 2018.
- Etherisc - DIP Token Generating Event Will Start on 25 June 2018
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________