- Microsoft is reportedly talking about buying GitHub, a platform for software developers last valued at $2 billion
- Former Reuters Risk Exec Joins Crypto Compliance Startup
- The latest version of Netflix's Cloud Gateway, Zuul 2 is now open source and available for general use.
- GMO Internet Launches “CryptoChips byGMO” That Enables Distribution of Bitcoin as Remuneration Within the Game Application in August 2018
- Alibaba-Founded Insurtech Firm Promotes Blockchain Use in Healthcare Industry
- Crypto Millionaire Matthew Mellon Dies Leaving More than $500 Million Lost
- 11 CEOs and founders on whether cryptocurrencies will be mainstream in 2019 - CNBC
- Implementing Casper FFG in Geth
- Survey - EIP0 Shared Values
- Parity Casper testnet is live! Now testing: networking and txpool propagation.
- Ethereum Surpasses Bitcoin in Number of Active Addresses
Other Blockchain News
- Ethereum Sharding
- EthereumJS client implementation (in development). How you can contribute.
- Casper Research Call #53
- Trinity v0.1.0-alpha.1 "Valentina Tereshkova" released for new Python client.
- EIP / ERC
Good Reads on Blockchain
Cryptoeconomics Study - 1.0 - Chapter 1 Overview by Karl Floersch
- Two-speed Casper FFG
- Sharding - Two ways to do cross-links : On-chain aggregation Vs Off-chain aggregation.
- Sharding - Fixed-size deposits and rewards/penalties/quad leak.
- Sharding - Threshold Lamport signatures can survive with much lower size by compromising on per-signature security level - Edit (2018.05.28): Hash ladder sigs
Pentesting Ethereum dApps by Brandon Arvanaghi
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Token Summit videos
- ETHPrize - (84) Ethereum project developer's interviews compiled
- What’s new on the block: an interview with Ethereum’s Nick Johnson
- The Brave Cookie Monster - Brendan Eich
- Bitcoin Pizza Guy: Laszlo Hanyecz on Why Bitcoin is Still the Only Flavor of Crypto for Him
- Zeppelin and a chat about upgradability - Facu Spagnuolo and Demian Brener
- Bifrost - ConsenSys, Maker, and Dether teamed up to build project Bifrost, a system that expedites and reduces the cost of delivering of cash on the ground in crisis areas.
- Betoken - A decentralized crypto hedge fund powered by Kyber Network
- Blockpass - Identity for a Connected World
- EatBCH- A peer-to-peer electronic cash-to-food system.
Project updates and Press Release
- EOS Mainnet Launch: The Order of Events. After a year-long ICO, the wait is finally over for EOS and eosDAC ERC20 token holders, as all users need to register their respective Ethereum addresses with EOS public addresses.
- OmiseGO Holiday Special AMA. Official Question Thread for OmiseGO AMA #1.
- ZeppelinOS is live.
- Truebit VM Spec
- Status Alpha version 0.9.19 has released.
- MaidSafe PARSEC (Protocol for Asynchronous, Reliable, Secure and Efficient Consensus) has been built to power the SAFE Network.
- KyberGo by Kyber Network
- Enuma Technologies - Sprites State Channels
- Zymbit and Oaken Innovations announce a product development partnership to deliver trusted IoT solutions for Ethereum Virtual Machine compatible blockchain software.
- iExec Releases the First-Ever Blockchain Marketplace for Trading Cloud Computing
Out of the league
Mining and Trading
- Bittrex Gets Bank Agreement to Help You Buy Bitcoin With Dollars
- Binance Reveals Plan for $1 Billion Blockchain Startup Fund
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- Melon Olympiad - A series of blockchain-based asset management competitions incentivizing user testing and software adoption.
- MAKEAFOLIO - Facebook bounty campaign
- Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform. Program registrations are open now.
- May 23 - June 30 2018: 1st Solidity Gas Golfing Contest
- June 3, 2018: Bangkok Community Meetup
- June 5-24, 2018: Colony Global Hackathon.
- June 9-10, 2018: EOS Hackathon - in Hong Kong
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- June 11, 2018: Consensys Academy Developer Program - Apply till June 4, 2018.
- June 11-13,2018: MoneyConf - Dublin.
- June 12-14, 2018. TechXLR8. London.
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
- July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
- July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
- July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon,
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- IDMoney Pre-sale ending on June 30, 2018.
- Etherisc - DIP Token Generating Event Will Start on 25 June 2018
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.