- Goldman Sachs to Open a Bitcoin Trading Operation
- SEC is cautiously open to initial coin offerings, commissioner says
- JPMorgan Seeks Patent for Blockchain-Powered Interbank Payments.
- ConsenSys Signs Partnership With Coursera to Offer Foundational Blockchain Course
- BMW, Ford, GM: World's Largest Automakers Form Blockchain Coalition
- Venezuela to Create Digital Cryptocurrency Bank for Youth.
- Huobi Labs Announces $1 Billion Global Blockchain Industry Fund
- Reddit Plans to Take Bitcoin Once Again—Along With Litecoin and Ethereum
- Announcing May 2018 Cohort of EF Grants
- Localethereum Added Twenty Two Payment Methods
- VIMANA Global Establishes EEA Blockchain Airspace User Working Group
- World’s Second Most Valuable Cryptocurrency Under Regulatory Scrutiny- The Wall Street Journal
- Joseph Lubin told TheStreet, "Ether Is Not a Security and Doesn't Need to Be Regulated".
- A Successful Attack of Hybrid Casper Costs 1.67 Million Eth, $1.4 Billion, Says Vitalik Buterin
Other Blockchain News
- Bitcoin Segwit adoption is moving extremely slowly, if not sideways.
- Almost 3,000 Bitcoin ATMs are Installed Worldwide
- First ever Global Litecoin Summit is coming up.
- Monero: Frequent deep mining forks, xmr.to offline, double spend attack ongoing?
- Monero DevMeeting - 2018-05-06
- ICON Partners With SBI Ripple Asia - Enable instant cross-border payments primarily between Japan and South Korea, and global scale.
- EIP0- A Review of the Current Ethereum Governance Processes (EIPs & All Devs Call). Dan Finlay’s flowchart of EIP process. Summarizing thoughts of day1 breakout sessions
- ERC #1056: Lightweight Identity
- ERC #1056: Lightweight identity
- EIP1052: proposal for new EXTCODEHASH opcode
- EIP1051: Arithmetic overflow detection for the EVM
- Vitalik Teases Sharding Release on Twitter
- web3j (v3.4.0) - Dynamic Gas Support release
- Geth (v1.8.7): Titanium
Good Reads on Blockchain
- The Instability of Stablecoins
- Open Source Money will BUIDL the Open Source Ecosystem - Kevin Owocki
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- EDCON Toronto - 2018 Video
- Vitalik Buterin Gives An Overview Of Casper FFG During EDCON 2018
- Deconomy 2018 'Scalability' Panel
- Extremely high demand for Ethereum skills - Interview with Team Leader at Ethereum, Christian Reitwiessner
- Crypto Investors Linda Xie and Avichal Garg on Opportunities, Use Cases, and Regulation
New Projects and White Paper
- IDMoney: Play IDMoney, Win and Help! It is a social, public and global governance model.
- KnownOrigin - Discover, buy and collect digital artwork by some of the worlds most respected artists, illustrators and creative practitioners.
Project updates and Press Release
- Havven launches world’s first online store to solely accept a stable cryptocurrency as payment. (Press Release)
- Algebraix Welcomes Esteemed Industry Leaders To Advisory Board. (Press Release)
- Announcing Embark by Status: Fostering the development of web3.
- EOS: Don’t Believe The Hype
- Latest in Cosmos — April Community Update. Reddit AMA on May 8th.
- Kauri is Live on Rinkeby
- How to Launch a Newsroom on Civil
- Dharma Community Update: 1 May 2018. Live on the Ethereum mainnet in a closed beta.
- OmiseGO + Hoard: Creating a truly seamless game marketplace
- Participate In The Livepeer Alpha
- TrueBit - Research & Engineering Update — April 2018
Mining and Trading
- Reddit Co-Founder: By the End of the Year ‘Ethereum Will Be at $15,000’
- Circle Invest Adds Zcash Trading in Bid to Compete with Coinbase
- 16 Cryptocurrency Exchanges Get Approval to Launch in Venezuela, List Petro
- Mine #Equihash-based cryptocurrencies with Bitmain's Latest Crypto ASIC
Out of the league
- Ethereum Founder Vitalik doing the Badger dance
- MedCredits $10,000 App Competition. The winner will be announced by Kyle Samani on May 1, 2018.
- Kauri Technical Content Competition: The competition starts May 3rd and will run on the Rinkeby testnet until May 31st.
- EthMemphis hackathon. Apply before MAY 19TH - 7 PM.
- HackEth - May 19-20, 2018 at Warsaw
- EthBuenosAires hackathon from May 25-28, 2018.
- Melonport hackthon in Zug. May 17-19, 2018
- Free DAPP Hackathon in Atlanta - June 1-2, 2018.
- May 7-11, 2018: Swarm Orange Summit 2018 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Apply before April 20, 2018.
- May 10, 2018: Fluidity Summit 2018
- May 11-12, 2018: Ethereal Summit at the Knockdown Center in NYC.
- May 14-16, 2018: Consensus 2018 by Coindesk
- MAY 14-18, 2018: Boulder Startup Week
- May 16-17, 2018: Token Summit III (NYC)
- May 17, 2018: BLOCKCHAIN, ACCOUNTING, AUDIT, AND TAX CONFERENCE II. (New York) Register
- June 1, 2018: Blockchain for Social Impact Conference (Washington, DC)
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- Initial Exchange Offering (IEO) by Kyber Network
- The IAGON Pre-Sale has been PAUSED by Dragonchain
- IDMoney White-Listing registration opened.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.