- Goldman Sachs to Open a Bitcoin Trading Operation
- SEC is cautiously open to initial coin offerings, commissioner says
- JPMorgan Seeks Patent for Blockchain-Powered Interbank Payments.
- ConsenSys Signs Partnership With Coursera to Offer Foundational Blockchain Course
- BMW, Ford, GM: World's Largest Automakers Form Blockchain Coalition
- Venezuela to Create Digital Cryptocurrency Bank for Youth.
- Huobi Labs Announces $1 Billion Global Blockchain Industry Fund
- Reddit Plans to Take Bitcoin Once Again—Along With Litecoin and Ethereum
- Announcing May 2018 Cohort of EF Grants
- Localethereum Added Twenty Two Payment Methods
- VIMANA Global Establishes EEA Blockchain Airspace User Working Group
- World’s Second Most Valuable Cryptocurrency Under Regulatory Scrutiny- The Wall Street Journal
- Joseph Lubin told TheStreet, "Ether Is Not a Security and Doesn't Need to Be Regulated".
- A Successful Attack of Hybrid Casper Costs 1.67 Million Eth, $1.4 Billion, Says Vitalik Buterin
Other Blockchain News
- Bitcoin Segwit adoption is moving extremely slowly, if not sideways.
- Almost 3,000 Bitcoin ATMs are Installed Worldwide
- First ever Global Litecoin Summit is coming up.
- Monero: Frequent deep mining forks, xmr.to offline, double spend attack ongoing?
- Monero DevMeeting - 2018-05-06
- ICON Partners With SBI Ripple Asia - Enable instant cross-border payments primarily between Japan and South Korea, and global scale.
- EIP0- A Review of the Current Ethereum Governance Processes (EIPs & All Devs Call). Dan Finlay’s flowchart of EIP process. Summarizing thoughts of day1 breakout sessions
- ERC #1056: Lightweight Identity
- ERC #1056: Lightweight identity
- EIP1052: proposal for new EXTCODEHASH opcode
- EIP1051: Arithmetic overflow detection for the EVM
- Vitalik Teases Sharding Release on Twitter
- Ethereum Sharding Biweekly Development Update #3
- web3j (v3.4.0) - Dynamic Gas Support release
- Geth (v1.8.7): Titanium
Good Reads on Blockchain
- The Instability of Stablecoins
- Open Source Money will BUIDL the Open Source Ecosystem - Kevin Owocki
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- EDCON Toronto - 2018 Video
- Vitalik Buterin Gives An Overview Of Casper FFG During EDCON 2018
- Deconomy 2018 'Scalability' Panel
- Extremely high demand for Ethereum skills - Interview with Team Leader at Ethereum, Christian Reitwiessner
- Crypto Investors Linda Xie and Avichal Garg on Opportunities, Use Cases, and Regulation
New Projects and White Paper
- IDMoney: Play IDMoney, Win and Help! It is a social, public and global governance model.
- KnownOrigin - Discover, buy and collect digital artwork by some of the worlds most respected artists, illustrators and creative practitioners.
Project updates and Press Release
- Havven launches world’s first online store to solely accept a stable cryptocurrency as payment. (Press Release)
- Algebraix Welcomes Esteemed Industry Leaders To Advisory Board. (Press Release)
- Announcing Embark by Status: Fostering the development of web3.
- EOS: Don’t Believe The Hype
- Latest in Cosmos — April Community Update. Reddit AMA on May 8th.
- Kauri is Live on Rinkeby
- How to Launch a Newsroom on Civil
- Dharma Community Update: 1 May 2018. Live on the Ethereum mainnet in a closed beta.
- OmiseGO + Hoard: Creating a truly seamless game marketplace
- Participate In The Livepeer Alpha
- TrueBit - Research & Engineering Update — April 2018
Mining and Trading
- Reddit Co-Founder: By the End of the Year ‘Ethereum Will Be at $15,000’
- Circle Invest Adds Zcash Trading in Bid to Compete with Coinbase
- 16 Cryptocurrency Exchanges Get Approval to Launch in Venezuela, List Petro
- Mine #Equihash-based cryptocurrencies with Bitmain's Latest Crypto ASIC
Out of the league
- Ethereum Founder Vitalik doing the Badger dance
- MedCredits $10,000 App Competition. The winner will be announced by Kyle Samani on May 1, 2018.
- Kauri Technical Content Competition: The competition starts May 3rd and will run on the Rinkeby testnet until May 31st.
- EthMemphis hackathon. Apply before MAY 19TH - 7 PM.
- HackEth - May 19-20, 2018 at Warsaw
- EthBuenosAires hackathon from May 25-28, 2018.
- Melonport hackthon in Zug. May 17-19, 2018
- Free DAPP Hackathon in Atlanta - June 1-2, 2018.
- May 7-11, 2018: Swarm Orange Summit 2018 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Apply before April 20, 2018.
- May 10, 2018: Fluidity Summit 2018
- May 11-12, 2018: Ethereal Summit at the Knockdown Center in NYC.
- May 14-16, 2018: Consensus 2018 by Coindesk
- MAY 14-18, 2018: Boulder Startup Week
- May 16-17, 2018: Token Summit III (NYC)
- May 17, 2018: BLOCKCHAIN, ACCOUNTING, AUDIT, AND TAX CONFERENCE II. (New York) Register
- June 1, 2018: Blockchain for Social Impact Conference (Washington, DC)
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- Initial Exchange Offering (IEO) by Kyber Network
- The IAGON Pre-Sale has been PAUSED by Dragonchain
- IDMoney White-Listing registration opened.
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________