- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Upgrades
- Relaunch of Kaustinen: Ethereum's Verkle Testnet Unveils Future Innovations
- Vitalik Buterin Unveils Analysis on Ethereum's Diverse Layer 2 Landscape
- Worldcoin claims 4M app downloads and 1M active users
- Bakery’s Next Chapter with Ethereum
- Adding Blob Sidecar Inclusion Proof for Deneb
- Coinbase Q3'23
- Palm Network Migrates to a CDK Chain on Polygon
- Uniswap v4 to Bring Deep Liquidity
- PRESS RELEASEJapan’s Blockchain Infrastructure Firm THXLAB, Partners with AsiaTokenFund Group
- India Blockchain Forum and QuillAudits release report on blockchain security guidelines
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
On November 2, 2023, Ethereum developers convened for the 121st All Core Developers Consensus (ACDC) call, focusing on key updates and discussions around Ethereum's Cancun/Deneb specifications. Chaired by Ethereum Foundation Researcher Danny Ryan, the meeting included discussions on various upgrades and testnet schedules:
Simplification of Blob Side Car Specifications:
Proposed changes aim to simplify blob gossip conditions, reducing complexities related to message handling. The suggested approach involves attaching block headers and inclusion proofs to each blob side car, addressing prior issues.
Other Cancun/Deneb Specifications Changes:
Discussions included the computation of KZG inclusion proofs and the suggestion to pass these proofs from the Beacon node to the MEV relay, reducing responsibilities for the relay.
An old proposal allowing honest validators to reorg late blocks was discussed. This encourages timely block proposals, aiming to deter delays for additional MEV.
Cancun/Deneb Testing Timeline Updates:
Developers estimated roughly three weeks for client teams to implement proposed changes. Devnet 12 is expected to launch after updates, likely in early December. Upgrades on public Ethereum testnets are anticipated in Q1 2024 instead of the initially planned late November timeframe.
JSON Mapping to SSZ Specifications:
Developers discussed a proposed addition of a canonical JSON mapping of CL SSZ specifications. This mapping aims to simplify documentation and improve code readability. Concerns were addressed in the latest version of the PR, awaiting final comments before merging.
Overall, the meeting focused on simplifying specifications to enhance efficiency, reduce complexities, and ensure smoother implementations for the upcoming Cancun/Deneb upgrade. The Ethereum community aims to address these changes, finalize implementations, and proceed with thorough testing on testnets in preparation for future upgrades, with a focus on stability and improved performance.
- Watch here.
- Relaunch of Kaustinen: Ethereum's Verkle Testnet Unveils Future Innovations : Verkle Testnets, Insights & Bugs, Potential Challenges, zkEVMs Vs Verkle Trees & Development Progress
- 4844 Specs includes KZG multi verify function : Latest CL specs, 4844 changes, KZG, 0-blob & other changes
- Mega EOF Endgame : Possible EOF Implementation, “Mega EOF Endgame” Specification, Cancun or Prague, RLP to SSZ, Developers' View
- ERC4337 : The next big thing in Ethereum: The Ethereum blockchain has deployed a feature known as “account abstraction,” seen as a key enhancement.
- Exploring EVMMAX Proposals & BLS12-381 : EVMMAX: EIP-5483, EIP-6601, EIP-5483 vs EIP-6601, EIP-6690 BLS12-381 Curve: EIP-2537, Operations, Applications
- PEEPanEIP #121: EVM Object Format (EOF) with Danno Ferrin
- EIP Editing Office Hour Meeting 26 #6
- EIPIP Meeting 93
- How Crypto Saves The Internet | Li Jin & Eugene Wei
- SBF Is Going To Jail
Eth Liquid Staking
Staking - Liquid Staking - Benefits - Risks
Optimism: A Layer2 Blockchain
What is Optimism - Working - Optimistic Execution Model - Advantage
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know
Validators, Ethereum's Validator Lifecycle, Types of Withdrawals, EIP-4895, How to make your Validator ready for Withdrawal?, EIP-4736 & Shapella Mainnet
The Future of Ethereum Goerli Testnet
What is Goerli Testnet?, Why Developers like Goerli?, Goerl Shapella, Future of Goerli Testnet & Holesky Testnet
We have tried to explain common Ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- Nov 03-05: ETH Lisbon 2023
- Nov 13-19: Devconnect Istabul
- Nov 16: Pragma Istabul
- Nov 17–19: ETHGlobal Istabul
- Dec 8-10: ETHIndia 2023
- Senior Product Designer, Coinshift
- Technical Project Manager, Aave
- Senior Smart Contract Engineer, Aave
- VP Finance, Aave
- Smart Contract / Solidity Engineer - CCIP, Chainlink
For Press Releases, project updates and guest posts publishing with us, email to email@example.com.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Share if you like the content. Donate at avarch.eth or Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!