- New Zealand Makes It Legal For Employees To Get Paid In Bitcoin
- Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala throws support behind cryptocurrencies.
- IBM Files US Patent for Blockchain Web Browser Interface
- European Cryptocurrency Exchange (EUCX) + BLOCK 30 Financial Announce Strategic Partnership
- Federal Reserve To Launch FedNow Instant Payments System
- 15 Nations Plan Global Crypto Monitoring System Under FATF: Report by Coindesk
- Congressman Reintroduces Cryptocurrency Tax Bill
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance EEA appoints Aya Miyaguchi from Ethereum Foundation’s to the EEA Board and Launches Mainnet Initiative, a technical working group designed to accelerate and lead the collaboration between enterprises and the mainnet and vice versa.
- Where Ethereum Is Going - Changes on Ethereum Foundation and ecosystem from an insider’s perspective by Alex Van de Sande
- ENS: What the “Ethereum” Means in “Ethereum Name Service” and Why It Matters
- Shariah White Paper on Ethereum
Exchange, Wallet News
- Algorand (ALGO) is launching on Coinbase Pro on Wednesday, August 14.
- Serious Security Warning Issued For World's Biggest Bitcoin And Crypto Exchange, Binance
Parity Signer v2.2 Beta
Search engine for solidity source code by EF
New Projects and Protocol
- COTI is deploying its Global Trust System (GTS) on Chainlink
- Tornado Cash: Introducing Private Transactions On Ethereum. It allows you to send Ethereum cryptocurrency 100% anonymously using groundbreaking, non-custodial technology based on strong cryptography. Reddit
- CryptoUnlocked: Conditional Fundraising on the Blockchain
- Gas Stations Network (GSN) launching on mainnet. OpenZeppelin performed the GSN security audit and joined in building and maintaining the code.
- Ethereum Elements : Harvestable Digital Resource. Mainnet launched on 10th August 2019.
Projects and Protocols update
- Running a Pantheon Node in Java Integration Tests
- Kyber Ecosystem Report #5
- Tokenizing Products Using Uniswap and OpenLaw Part 1
- Connext V2.0 is on testnet! Contract audits are in progress and expected to go live sometime around ETHBerlin (8/23–8/25).
- OpenLaw’s Integration Framework: Making it Easy to Integrate Third Party Services into OpenLaw, a sneak peek.
- Augur v2's Faster Oracle & Market Resolution System
Funds and Grant
- MetaCartel DAO Wave 1 Funding
- Görli Testnet Initiative ("Görli"), in cooperation with the Department of Decentralization ("DoD", @ETHBerlin), is looking for a Testnet Coordinator (f/m/*), a.k.a. Görlinator.
- 10 new jobs at MakerDAO
Print, Video, Podcast and Interviews
- Charles, Pooja, and Tim of the Ethereum Cat Herders at HumansOfEthereum
- Eth2.0 update and a look at Libra with Raul Jordan
- Vitalik's talk from ETHIndia 2.0 Tech Talks + Workshops
Blockchain good reads
- EIP-centric forking by @holiman
- The future of decentralized finance by Lind Xie
- Analyzing Solidity Smart Contracts with Piet
- My ETH India 2.0 Experience by Mudit Gupta
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- August 15, 2019: Devcon tickets on sale again (3pm CEST)
- August 16-18, 2019: ConsenSys Grants hackathon (Toronto)
- August 21-23, 2019: Dappcon (Berlin)
- August 23-25, 2019 - ETHBerlin
- September 3, 2019 - EIC Horizon Prize for 'Blockchains for Social Good'. Deadline at 17:00:00 Brussels time.
- September 4, 2019: Istanbul fork on Ropsten.
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- September 16-17, 2019: STARKWare, Tel Aviv
- September 15, 2019: Ethereal Summit 2019, Tel Aviv
- September 15-16, 2019: StarkWare sessions (Tel Aviv)
- October 7, 2019: ENS workshop (Osaka). Application open.
- October 8-11, 2019: Devcon 5, Osaka, Japan.
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 16, 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade.
- October 30-31, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019, Russia- Moscow
- November 8-10, 2019: ETHWaterloo
Read earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations appreciated.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.