(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Fortune 500 Tech Firm Avnet Now Accepts Crypto Payments via BitPay
- UK Parliament Presented Showcase of Real-World Blockchain Applications
- Blockchain and Crypto Business Reps Protest Nevada Bill
- Cisco: Blockchain Market Will Be $10 Billion by 2021. Tech behemoth and EEA member Cisco is making big moves into decentralized networks.
- China’s Alibaba Partners With Chinese Software Giant to Promote Blockchain Development
- Facebook's Next Major Shift is Likely to Come via its Blockchain Project
- Report: Bitmain to Launch 200,000 Crypto Mining Rigs in China
- Ex-NATO Secretary General Bullish on Blockchain as He Partners With Swiss Startup
EF discontinuing Mist. Sunsetting Mist - What’s ahead for our team.
Universal Logins development roundup and events
Ethereum in a Netflix series. Netflix series OA - “What’s ether? Is that some kind of, like, digital currency?
- Funding Open Source In The Blockchain Era. Exploring the Design Space: Inflation Funding, MicroTransactions, and More by Kevin Owocki
- A simple way to fund more public goods in Ethereum that makes everyone happy by Evan Van Ness
- Another proposal for protocol level funding by Eric Conner
- An even simpler way to fund more public goods in Ethereum that makes everyone happy - Reddit
Istanbul Hard Fork EIP Security Bounty of 20 ETH.
Other blockchain news
- Ethereum Classic is going to decentralize it's improvement-proposal process.
- This Week In BCH. An explanation of 0-fee transactions in BCH.
- This Week In Dash: March 18th – March 23rd
- Charles Talks Cardano with EmurgoHK
Exchange, Wallet, Trading and Minning news
- MEW Reincarnation, Revisited
- "The first eth2.0-specs commit is 6 month old 🎉 Tons of phase 0 and phase 1 progress. Plausible timing for 2019" - Justin Drake
New Projects and Protocol
- The Javvy: An All-in-one Crypto Experience
- Whisp: Payroll for the Global Workforce. Whisp has re-invented how remote workers are paid. Built on ethereum, Whisp is easier, faster and cheaper than payroll solutions built on legacy financial systems.
- Buidler: The extensible Solidity developer tool
- Fatum: a Proof-of-Concept Framework built on Ethereum
- Lition: How This Blockchain Business Project Works for Crypto Adoption?
Projects and Protocols update
- Maker Executive Vote to Raise the Stability Fee to 7.5%
- 0x Roadmap 2019 (part 2): Scalability R&D
- TokenCard Update: Timings, Fees & Shipping
- Bulletproofing against Chaos Unicorns with Status on ARM
- Mysterium Network - Reddit AMA - March 2019
Out of the league
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
Changelly’s Interview with Kosala Hemachandra: From the MEW V5 Launch to the Future of Blockchain
Taipei Ethereum Meetup presentation (Transcript): [Scalable blockchains as data layers ](Taipei Ethereum Meetup presentation)| Vitalik Buterin
Vitalik Buterin video on Unchained live
Moloch’s Ameen Soleimani on Unchained
Vitalik Buterin: Current and Future State of Ethereum
Keynote: Joe Lubin | SXSW 2019
Blockchain good reads
Beyond Cryptocurrency: The 3 Key Elements of Blockchain in Real Life
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- March 26, 2019: Webinar: The Final Word: IBFT 2.0 and Enterprise Consensus by PegaSys
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-5, 2019: Deconomy (Seoul)
- April 8-14, 2019: EDCON in Sydney.
- April 15-30, 2019: Ethereal Virtual Hackathon
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- April 24, 2019: Enterprise Blockchain Awards
- April 24-26, 2019: Truffle Blockchain Development Workshop, Dublin 2019
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 16, 2019: TOKEN SUMMIT IV NEW YORK CITY.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
- May 17–19, 2019: ETHNewYork
- May 17, 2019: Deadline to accept proposals for Instanbul upgrade fork
- May 23-25, 2019: Swarm Orange Summit Madrid 2019
- June 22 – 24, 2019: Zcon, Annual Privacy Conference
- August 2–4, 2019: ETHIndia II
- September 6–8, 2019: ETHBoston
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II, Sign up to mailing list to be notified when applications open.
- October 2019: Istanbul. Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
Read earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest. Donations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.