(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- Facebook Makes First Blockchain Acquisition With Chainspace: Sources
- UnionBank launches first virtual currency ATM.
- Web 3.0 Opera Browser Launches Instant Crypto Purchases.
- Microsoft Logic Apps Connector to Ethereum Blockchain Networks
- GridPlus is LIVE in Texas. Opening the doors to Retail Electricity Provider. This is the first major, public step towards vision for the future of energy.
- SEC Commissioner Hester M. Peirce - Regulation: A View from Inside the Machine
- Brazil’s President Appointed Head of Central Bank is Pro Blockchain and Crypto
- Quadriga cryptocurrency exchange founder filed will 12 days before he died. Gerald Cotten’s sudden death left US$145 million in bitcoin and other digital assets protected by his passwords unretrievable. QuadrigaCX Owes Customers $190 Million, Court Filing Shows.
- A Dubai Royal Is Taking His First Steps Into Crypto.
- ECF Network: More Than Grants
- Plasma Testnet Launched!
- Geth master has native Görli support!
- The Exclusive Ethereum Hardfork Naming Finals.
- Tweetstorm on "Q1 2019 Beacon Chain Testnet" by Paul Hauner
- A community-led initiative to decentralize Donuts on Reddit
- Constantinople hard fork on February 27! Upgrades to nodes are available. The changes are described here.
- Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting #4
- ProgPoW audit/review by the Ethereum Cat Herders. Community discussion on Reddit GPU Miners need you and you need GPU Miners (PoW/ProgPoW).
Other blockchain News
- Zcash Counterfeiting Vulnerability Successfully Remediated.
- More than 85% of the current Monero Hashrate is ASICs and each machine is doing 128 kh/s
- Ripple: The XRPArmy, Explained.
Reading Ethereum Geth database (LEVELDB)
zkSNARKs in WebAssembly - running demo and discussion
Ethereum Support for ZK-SNARKs
Introduction to ZK-STARKs
Project and Protocol updates
- Melon will run its decentralized governance on Aragon
- Maker DAO propsed to Increasing the Stability Fee
- Lightning VS Raiden #2: can we solve privacy and scalability problems of watchtowers and monitoring services?
- Lighthouse Update #07
- Zeppelin OS : Testing real-world contract upgrades
- Connext BiWeekly Update #7
- Convert Fiat on AirSwap with Wyre
- Provide sustainable funding for Open Source with Gitcoin Grants
- The District Weekly — February 9th, 2019
- RocketPool Development Update — 6th Feb, 2019
Exchange, Wallet and Trading
- Winklevoss Exchange Gemini Shuts Down Accounts Over Stablecoin Redemptions
- Kraken Acquires Crypto Derivatives Trading Platform and Index Provider, Crypto Facilities, in Nine-figure Deal
- Binance CEO: We Definitely Want to Add Ripple as a Partner for xRapid in the Future.
- Create your own ETH Vanity Address
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Takeaways from the Eth222 workshop
- In conversation with Preston Van Loon, Co-Founder and Team Lead at Prysmatic Labs
- Taylor Monahan of MyCrypto: Interacting with the Ethereum Blockchain
- Sharding Research' by Alex Skidanov
Blockchain good reads
- Building Blocks: What makes a good EVM package?
- Upgradeability Is a Bug
- Why Blockchain Differs From Traditional Technology Life Cycles?
- Create2 EIP vulnerability questions
- ÐΞVp2p Wire Protocol (Kademlia Distributed Hash Table)
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- February 14, 2019 - Eth Magicians (Denver)
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- February 16-17, 2019: NEO DevCon 2019, Seattle
- February 27, 2019: Constantinople fork (block 7280000)
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHUofT, Toronto
- March 22, 2019: Zero Knowledge Summit 0x03 (Berlin)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 4-5, 2019: Deconomy (Seoul)
- April 8-14, 2019: EDCON in Sydney.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019 at Singapore.
- April 24-26, 2019: Truffle Blockchain Development Workshop, Dublin 2019
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
- May 17, 2019: Hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul” upgrade.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.