- Bank of England to Update Settlement System to Work with Blockchain
- Japan's Financial Watchdog Orders AML Shake-Up at 6 Crypto Exchanges
- Thiel Foundation Announces 2018 Thiel Fellows
- Korean Government to Lead 6 Blockchain Pilots With $9 Million Fund
- Stanford computer scientists launch the Center for Blockchain Research.
- Stanford students build 16 blockchain projects in Dapp Showcase
- Blockchain technology almost a must-have for business said UBS CEO
- EY and Microsoft launch blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management for media and entertainment industry.
- Apple has updated its developer guidelines to outlaw cryptocurrencies "mining" on iOS devices.
- Amazon may Battle Facebook with Own Cryptocurrency
- Docusign will let you store a document hash on Ethereum
- Cool DIY smart home features Alexa’s AI and Ethereum’s blockchain
Other Blockchain News
- Tron's Independence Day celebration - 1 billion #TRX coin burnt. It completed mainnet token migration . Justin Sun bought BitTorrent.
Announcing Swarm Proof-of-Concept Release 3
Truffle v4.1.12 – One sugar packet release.
Parity - Why we believe in Wasm as the base layer of decentralised application development
- Full Casper chain v2 (updated)
EIP 1154: Oracle interface #1161
ERC1155: Crypto Item Standard
EIP 1167: Minimal Proxy Contract
EIP 1172 Wallet & shop standard for all tokens (erc20)
Good Reads on Blockchain
- Decentralized Blockchain Governance by Dan Larimer
- Mechanism design challenges in cryptocurrency and blockchains by Vitalik Buterin - EC2018 slides.
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) presentation slides by Nick Johnson
- Merkelized LSM (mLSM): Making Authenticated Storage Faster in Ethereum
- Ethereum Messaging: Explaining Whisper And Status.im
- Analyzing Activities on Decentralized Exchanges - alethio
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Vitalik Buterin and Vlad Zamfir - The Ethereum Roadmap and Solving the Blockchain Scalability Problem
- Ethereal Interview Series: In Depth with Ujo, OmiseGO, Bounties, Microsoft
- 10 Questions with Fred Wang: Guest Vitalik Buterin
- Behind the Tezos Scandal: Conflicts of Interest, Self-Dealing and Bullying - Unconfirmed Podcast by Laura Shin.
- Hashing It Out: Full Casper Chain v2 – Casper + Sharding by The Bitcoin Podcast
- Buddy - Decentralized Development Automation Platform
- Artonomous - A self-sustaining, self-improving, autonomous artist.
Project updates and Press Release
- Gitcoin iOS App Launches, also Gitcoin Avatar builder.
- Etherparty Announces Rocket Price and Pricing Strategy
- $50,000 USD for critical vulnerabilities in Augur
- MakerDAO Foundation Proposal
- ICONOMI - Development Overview: Q2 2018
Trading & Mining
- Why ASICs May Be Better Than GPUs Even if They Tend Toward Mining Centralization by Unchained Podcast.
- Introducing Nano Wallet from the Nano Wallet Company
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- June 28, 2018: BuildEth in San Francisco
- July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
- July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
- July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
- July 26-27, 2018: Satoshi United in Singapore
- July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics. apply for the ETHBerlin hackathon. Applications close on August 10th.
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon,
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform.
- May 23, 2018 - June 30, 2018: 1st Solidity Gas Golfing Contest
- June 5-24, 2018: Colony Global Hackathon.
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- Beyond the ICO: Methods to achieve more optimal token distribution
- IDMoney Pre-sale ending on June 30, 2018.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.