- Bank of England to Update Settlement System to Work with Blockchain
- Japan's Financial Watchdog Orders AML Shake-Up at 6 Crypto Exchanges
- Thiel Foundation Announces 2018 Thiel Fellows
- Korean Government to Lead 6 Blockchain Pilots With $9 Million Fund
- Stanford computer scientists launch the Center for Blockchain Research.
- Stanford students build 16 blockchain projects in Dapp Showcase
- Blockchain technology almost a must-have for business said UBS CEO
- EY and Microsoft launch blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management for media and entertainment industry.
- Apple has updated its developer guidelines to outlaw cryptocurrencies "mining" on iOS devices.
- Amazon may Battle Facebook with Own Cryptocurrency
- Docusign will let you store a document hash on Ethereum
- Cool DIY smart home features Alexa’s AI and Ethereum’s blockchain
Other Blockchain News
- Tron's Independence Day celebration - 1 billion #TRX coin burnt. It completed mainnet token migration . Justin Sun bought BitTorrent.
Announcing Swarm Proof-of-Concept Release 3
vyper is in beta now. erc721-vyper.
Truffle v4.1.12 – One sugar packet release.
Parity - Why we believe in Wasm as the base layer of decentralised application development
- Full Casper chain v2 (updated)
ERC721 - BREAKING CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT
EIP 1154: Oracle interface #1161
ERC1155: Crypto Item Standard
EIP 1167: Minimal Proxy Contract
EIP 1172 Wallet & shop standard for all tokens (erc20)
Good Reads on Blockchain
- Decentralized Blockchain Governance by Dan Larimer
- Mechanism design challenges in cryptocurrency and blockchains by Vitalik Buterin - EC2018 slides.
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) presentation slides by Nick Johnson
- Merkelized LSM (mLSM): Making Authenticated Storage Faster in Ethereum
- Ethereum Messaging: Explaining Whisper And Status.im
- Analyzing Activities on Decentralized Exchanges - alethio
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Vitalik Buterin and Vlad Zamfir - The Ethereum Roadmap and Solving the Blockchain Scalability Problem
- Ethereal Interview Series: In Depth with Ujo, OmiseGO, Bounties, Microsoft
- 10 Questions with Fred Wang: Guest Vitalik Buterin
- Behind the Tezos Scandal: Conflicts of Interest, Self-Dealing and Bullying - Unconfirmed Podcast by Laura Shin.
- Hashing It Out: Full Casper Chain v2 – Casper + Sharding by The Bitcoin Podcast
- Buddy - Decentralized Development Automation Platform
- Artonomous - A self-sustaining, self-improving, autonomous artist.
Project updates and Press Release
- Gitcoin iOS App Launches, also Gitcoin Avatar builder.
- Etherparty Announces Rocket Price and Pricing Strategy
- $50,000 USD for critical vulnerabilities in Augur
- MakerDAO Foundation Proposal
- ICONOMI - Development Overview: Q2 2018
Trading & Mining
- Why ASICs May Be Better Than GPUs Even if They Tend Toward Mining Centralization by Unchained Podcast.
- Introducing Nano Wallet from the Nano Wallet Company
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- June 28, 2018: BuildEth in San Francisco
- July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
- July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
- July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
- July 26-27, 2018: Satoshi United in Singapore
- July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics. apply for the ETHBerlin hackathon. Applications close on August 10th.
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon,
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform.
- May 23, 2018 - June 30, 2018: 1st Solidity Gas Golfing Contest
- June 5-24, 2018: Colony Global Hackathon.
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- Beyond the ICO: Methods to achieve more optimal token distribution
- IDMoney Pre-sale ending on June 30, 2018.
EtherWorld's Weekly Archives
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.____________________________________________________________________________________________________