- Ether and Bitcoin are not securities said SEC official
- The crypto boom is like the dotcom bubble but that's not a bad thing: 'Selling crypto now is like selling Apple in 2001'
- Woolf Building The First Blockchain University.
- Decoding The Blockchain - Forbes
- Bitcoin and PayPal are putting pressure on bank stocks - Jim Cramer, CNBC
- Brazilian Entrepreneur Creates Bitcoin-Powered Coffee Machine
- Cryptocurrency Millionaire Kidnapped By Biker Gang, Robbed At Gunpoint For $1.8M
- Blockchain Opens Up Kenya’s $20 Billion Informal Economy
- Walmart’s Blockchain-Powered Electrical Grid Patent Application Resurfaces
- Musician Imogen Heap is using her Ethereum gains to fund new blockchain project
- New-York Based Company to Pay its Employees in Bitcoin
- Casper and Sharding coming together Reddit!
. About the Sudden Change in Casper and Sharding Plans
- What you can do for Ethereum 2.0 a.k.a. sharding (Q2) 2018
- 128 Things to Know When Applying for the Ethereum Community Fund
- Vitalik Buterin answers to "How confident is he that transitioning to proof-of-stake will be successful? What are the risks of proof-of-stake?"
- Vitalik's response to "Sharding centralizes Ethereum by selling you Scaling-In disguised as Scaling-Out" post
Other Blockchain News
- Bitcoin Core 0.16.1 released. The new release includes new features, various bugfixes and performance improvements, as well as updated translations. This Bitcoin Core version removed miner block size recalling the deprecation of the “-blockmaxsize” option for miners to limit their blocks’ sizes in version 0.15.1.
- Bitcoin’s $30 billion sell-off
- Risk Management and Business Models on NEO Blockchain
- Ripple Labs Elected to Fed Steering Committee for Faster Payments
Geth Streamline (v1.8.11) Released: 28% lighter on disk IO and 23% faster on block processing.
Ethereum Core Devs Meeting #40
IPFS PubSub (Decentralized Messaging) React Demo / Boilerplate
Turbo-Geth: Where we are at
Good Reads on Blockchain
- Governance of the .ETH namespace and ENS foundation by Alex van de sande
- Committee-based sharded Casper - Ethereum Research
- Ethereum Development with Go
- Can Cryptocurrency Really Make The World A Better Place? By Tom Alford
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Gavin Wood - Tech Talks: The Energy Blockchain
- James Duffy (Loom) and Mark S. (ConsenSys) - The Loom Zoom (Scaling Ethereum Using Layer 2 Solutions)
- Don’t sleep on crypto - Baiju Bhatt, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Robinhood
- Kai Kraemer - EWF Chain Product Owner, Energy Web Foundation - Deep Dive Session - EWF Features & EWF (AMA)
- Cryptov8 - Bringing banking to blockchain
- USAT- Decentralising Innovation
- PLENTIX - It is a decentralized blockchain-based platform and application aiming to connect and reward all participants in an online referral program.
- Workchaincenters - Coworking Spaces
- Your very own POKEMON legend is about to unfold!
Project updates and Press Release
- A prototype of ENS name registration to be used in Status with a live contract.
- Scaling Shout Out: OmiseGO
- Stable Fund & MakerDAO + Gitcoin: EF Infrastructure Bounties
- Gitcoin Testimonials: uPort
- The Colony Network is now live on Rinkeby testnet
- The Promise Of Loom Network: Bringing Zombies & Dapp Superhighways to Life
- Nimbus - An Ethereum 2.0 Sharding Client
- InfluxDB - "Authentication and authorization should not be relied upon to prevent access and protect data from malicious actors."
- What’s Next for Connext?
- Ad_chain - Announcing the MetaX Product Roadmap.
- MyCrypto New Feature: Address Book
- ETHOS - Universal Wallet running on MAIN NET
- BANKEX - The First NFC-decision on Blockchain
- Indorse Dev Update — 17 June 2018 - Skills, claims and validations…
Out of the league
Trading & Mining
- Coinbase Index Fund is open for investment.
- PIVX To Launch zDEX: First Private In-Wallet Decentralized Exchange
Hackathon, Events & Developer programs
- Melon Olympiad - A series of blockchain-based asset management competitions incentivizing user testing and software adoption. The registration with Bitcoin Suisse is open and shall remain open until June 18, 2018.
- March 19, 2018 - Spetmber 30, 2018: Gnosis X by Gnosis - a recurring challenge inviting developers, creators, and businesses to build customized prediction market applications on top of the Gnosis platform. Program registrations are open now.
- May 23, 2018 - June 30, 2018: 1st Solidity Gas Golfing Contest
- June 5-24, 2018: Colony Global Hackathon.
- June 9, 2018 - July 15,2018: ConsenSys India Developer Program – Vishakhapatnam & Bengaluru
- June 27-28, 2018: Blockchain Expo World Series- Amsterdam
- July 12-18, 2018: IC3-Ethereum Crypto Boot Camp
- July 14-15, 2018: Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians "Council of Berlin” meet
- July 19-20, 2018: Dappcon in Berlin
- July 27-29, 2018: ETHSingapore
- August 3-4, 2018: Discon in Boulder, CO
- August 10-12, 2018: ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- September 7-9, 2018: ETHBerlin - Back to Basics. apply for the ETHBerlin hackathon. Applications close on August 10th.
- September 14-15, 2018: Litecoin Summit
- October 5-7, 2018: ETHSanFrancisco
- October 5-7, 2018: TruffleCon 2018 in Portland, Oregon,
- October 30, 2018 – November 02, 2018 : Devcon4 in Prague.
- IDMoney Pre-sale ending on June 30, 2018.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.