South Korea to Tighten Bitcoin Exchange Rules Amid ‘Speculative’ Boom
Russia Unveils Proposed Regulation Putting Limits on ICOs and Investors
- A maximum of 1 billion rubles [~ USD$17.3 million] can be raised through an ICO, and each unqualified investor will be able to invest a maximum of 50,000 rubles [~$864].
- Currently, ICOs and cryptocurrencies are not regulated in Russia. However, President Vladimir Putin has mandated the government to create a regulatory framework for them by July 1 of next year.
Telegram will launch Telegram Open Network (TON), its own Blockchain platform and cryptocurrency in 2018.
NYSE and Cboe File For Bitcoin ETFs
Japan’s SoftBank Developed a Blockchain-Based Consumer Data Management System.
Litecoin creator Charlie Lee sells entire LTC holding. He further said, "Litecoin was too centralized and dependent on me. Eventually, for Litecoin to succeed, I need to step away. But I promise I won't do that until I've helped LTC climb back past the ATH."
Bitcoin exchange chief kidnapped as he leaves work.
Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk - Bloomberg
Khan Academy enabled BCH donations via @coinbase
"To be clear, the operative word here is "all". No, I won't stop or slow working on crypto just because price memes and stupid jokes exist - as long as there's also real social value that the ecosystem is working towards."
in response to his previous statement
"If all that we accomplish is lambo memes and immature puns about "sharting", then I WILL leave.
Though I still have a lot of hope that the community can steer in the right direction."
Confidential Transactions on Ropsten
- Vitalik Buterin's views on Sharding, "In my opinion, the current sharding spec as described here https://github.com/ethereum/sharding/blob/develop/docs/doc.md120 is basically already good enough to get us to thousands of transactions per second with reasonable security properties, as well as the ability to add cross-shard transactions as a not-that-difficult second step [do people agree?]. The demand for scaling is urgent, so it seems reasonable to just build this possibly with minor changes, launch it as fast as safely possible and go from there."
How INFURA Solves Ethereum’s Other Big Scaling Challenge
Why Ethereum will be the most successful blockchain network? Rddit thread
Upload your wallpaper here - a project by Gitcoin
DARFchain switches its tokens to the Ethereum Blockchain
- Parity 1.7.11-stable and Parity 1.8.5-beta released. It include a fix for the default JSON-RPC CORS settings; please upgrade your nodes.
- React DApp Tutorial Series - Part 1 of 15
Good Reads on Blockchain
- A zkSNARK tutorial and development environment
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- UPort (Interview) - Ashoka Finley
- Ripple CEO at Bloomberg TV, CNBC. Ripple AMA with Chief Cryptographer, David Schwartz.
New Projects and White Paper
- Winding Tree - DECENTRALIZED TRAVEL DISTRIBUTION
- Right Mesh - Decentralized Mobile Mesh Networking Platform, Using Blockchain Technology and Tokenization. White Paper
- COINLION - A cryptocurrency exchange & portfolio management platform that rewards users for sharing information related to the management of digital assets.
Project updates and Press Release
- IOTA into e-commerce soon! Tanglefy.com Proposal.
- OpenBazaar, the marketplace integration are adding Bitcoin Cash, Zcash & Litecoin.
- Aragon - News from the Front
- The bitFlyer extends 0% trading fee promotion until the end of January 2018.
- Trading is now live on Ethfinex for all existing Bitfinex users, with new sign ups becoming available as of January 15th.
- OKEx Launches RDN, XLM, XMR
- IOTA/EUR now on bitfinex.
- CEX announce XRP withdrawals.
- A Warning about SCExchange - Launching December 31st
- $100K Bounty for information leading to arrest of EtherDelta hacker.
- January 6, 2018 - January 12, 2018: EURO TECH WEEK at LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
- Jan 9, 2017: CES to Hold Digital Money Forum in Las Vegas
- January 9, 2018: ConsenSys & Blockchain EXE present: Smart homes & Smart contracts - Meetup Ney York City.
- January 16, 2018: ConsenSys Ethereum Meetup Dubai
- January 26, 2018: Blockchain Connect – San Francisco
- February 1, 2018: Consensys Meetup at Paris
- Feb 4-6, 2018: BLOCKCHAIN ECONOMIC FORUM 2018 at Singapore
- Feb 16 - 18, 2018: ETHDenver (Hackathon + Workshop)
ICO or Token Sale
Disclaimer: This list of ICO is NOT an endorsement by EtherWorld and it may include scam projects. Readers are requested to do their own research before investing into any project.
Please email at email@example.com for Press Release and free listing of ICO & events.
Happy New Year 2018!!
For more updates, technical blogs and general discussion on Blockchain Technology, please Subscribe and follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Medium. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.