Geth, the command line interface for running a full ethereum node implemented in Go has released its latest version v1.7.3 (Weir) on November 21, 2017. This is a maintenance release to address various issues in previous releases, most importantly along log filtering and replacement transaction propagation. The release also contains a few developer niceties. Please see compatibility section here!
New features included are-
- Roll out v2 of the les light client protocol.
- Insta-mining, zero CPU, clique based PoA developer mode.
- Add API endpoint to list modified accounts between two blocks.
- Gas estimation returns error instead of maxgas if transaction cannot be executed.
- Improve EVM jump destination analysis for worst case scenarios.
- Enforce application/json for HTTP RPC requests.
- Private network faucet support Facebook, Twitter and Google+ authentication.
- Support encrypted SSH keys in the Puppeth network manager.
- Introduce docker images containing all Ethereum tools.
- Start shipping Ubuntu Artful Aardvark launchpad packages.
This release also addresses few bug fixing. Binaries and mobile libraries are available on download page. For a full rundown of changes, please see the v1.7.3 milestone.
Source: Update by karalabe at Reddit
For more updates, technical blogs and general discussion on Blockchain Technology, please Subscribe and follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Medium. You can also reach us at email@example.com.