- Ethereum News
- World News
- Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
- Tech Articles
- Tech Explainers
- ELI5 Explainers
- Client Upgrades
- Polygon Labs and NEAR Foundation Collaborate to Revolutionize Blockchain Development with zkWasm Prover
- ArgonProject Bringing Multichain Governance to DAOs with zkSync and LayerZero
- Optimism Ecosystem's First post-Bedrock network upgrade
- Goerli shadowfork 0 is live & upgraded to Dencun
- Near Foundation partners with Eigen Labs
- India Blockchain Forum and QuillAudits release report on blockchain security guidelines
- Arbitrum Community Nears Token Staking Implementation Following Successful Governance Vote
- JPMorgan rolls out programmable payments
- LidoDAO Launches wstETH on Base
- Chainlink Staking v0.2 is launching
Highlights of Ethereum Devs Call
Date and Chair:
- Date: November 9
- Chaired by Tim Beiko, Ethereum Foundation’s Protocol Support Lead.
- Discussion on the first Dencun Goerli shadow fork.
- Changes to execution API specifications to include blob-related data.
- Addition of a proof verification precompile to Verkle upgrade.
- ACD call schedule for the next two weeks.
Dencun Goerli Shadow Fork #0:
- Executed on November 6, testing the Dencun upgrade.
- Shadow forking is a method to test upgrades in an environment mirroring existing networks.
- Smooth testing on Goerli Shadow Fork #0, with 100 validators.
- Consideration of conducting another shadow fork with more validators for better evaluation.
- Waiting for the rework of CL clients before further testing.
Changes to Execution API Specifications:
- Proposal to update "eth_feeHistory" method to include blob-related data post-Dencun.
- Proposal for a new method "eth_blobGasPrice" or alternatively, a bundled method "eth_gasPrices."
- Discussion on concerns about the bundled method; recommendation to proceed with eth_blobGasPrice.
- Recommendation to reach out to Layer-2 protocol teams for input.
Verkle Proof Verification Precompile:
- Proposal to add a precompile for smart contract verification of Verkle proofs.
- Discussion on whether EIP 2537 could be used for this purpose (affirmed it couldn't).
- Encouragement to discuss the proposal in the Ethereum Magicians thread.
ACD Call Schedule Updates:
- Agreement to continue ACD calls despite Devconnect and U.S. Thanksgiving holidays.
- Initial consideration to cancel or reschedule, but concerns raised about the optics given the already delayed timeline of the Cancun/Deneb upgrade.
- Decision to continue the next two week’s ACD calls, with a request for asynchronous updates from client teams unable to attend.
- Watch here.
- Vitalik Buterin Proposes Innovative Changes to Ethereum’s Staking Ecosystem: Ethereum - Vitalik Buterin - Staking ecosystem - Transformative shift - Proof-of-stake - Centralization risks - Consensus layer burden - Two-tiered staking - Delegate selection - Active participation - Scalability - Decentralization
- Exploring EVMMAX Proposals & BLS12-381: EVMMAX: EIP-5483, EIP-6601, EIP-5483 vs EIP-6601, EIP-6690 BLS12-381 Curve: EIP-2537, Operations, Applications
- ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know:
- 4844 Specs includes KZG multi verify function: Latest CL specs, 4844 changes, KZG, 0-blob & other changes
- Uniswap Permit2: Permit2 is a union of 2 contracts, SignatureTransfer and AllowanceTransfer.
- Meet The Herders #1: Pooja Ranjan Herder-in-chief
- ECH Meeting 121
- PEEPanEIP #122: EIP-7516: BLOBBASEFEE opcode with Ansgar Dietrichs
- BlackRock's Ethereum ETF & Circle's Potential IPO
- Execution Layer Meeting 174
Eth Liquid Staking
Staking - Liquid Staking - Benefits - Risks
Optimism: A Layer2 Blockchain
What is Optimism - Working - Optimistic Execution Model - Advantage
Reth: Ethereum Execution Layer Client Written in Rust
Why new client, Goals, Reth Book, Launch Date & Akula
ETH Withdrawals: Everything You Need to Know
Validators, Ethereum's Validator Lifecycle, Types of Withdrawals, EIP-4895, How to make your Validator ready for Withdrawal?, EIP-4736 & Shapella Mainnet
The Future of Ethereum Goerli Testnet
What is Goerli Testnet?, Why Developers like Goerli?, Goerl Shapella, Future of Goerli Testnet & Holesky Testnet
We have tried to explain common Ethereum blockchain concepts in under 60 seconds.
- What is an Ethereum Account?
- Externally Owned Accounts (EOAs) Vs Contract Accounts
- What is an Ethereum Transaction?
- Ethereum Transaction Lifecycle
- What is Ethereum Validator?
Readers can follow more short videos here.
- Nov 13-19: Devconnect Istabul
- Nov 16: Pragma Istabul
- Nov 17–19: ETHGlobal Istabul
- Dec 8-10: ETHIndia 2023
- Senior Product Designer, Coinshift
- Technical Project Manager, Aave
- Senior Smart Contract Engineer, Aave
- VP Finance, Aave
- Smart Contract / Solidity Engineer - CCIP, Chainlink
For Press Releases, project updates and guest posts publishing with us, email to email@example.com.
Subscribe to EtherWorld YouTube channel for ELI5 content.
Share if you like the content. Donate at avarch.eth or Gitcoin
You've something to share with the blockchain community, join us on Discord!