- Crypto 2.0 Roundup: SEC Rumours, Swarm’s Payday and Ethereum’s Expansion
- ‘Members’ of OpenLibra Disavow Project Days After Its Devcon Unveiling
CFTC says cryptocurrency ether is a commodity, and ether futures are next
Alex Stokes's Slides of presentation on 'The finality gadget'
Justin Drake 's Slides of presentation on 'Eth2—collaboration culture'
Phillip Dian, from Cornell University - Slides of presentation on 'Towards Free Will in
Cryptographic Systems'. Introducing Complete Knowledge (CK) proofs that allow a user to demonstrate that they really have control of secret data, and the data isn't shackled by SGX or MPC. Implications on communication protocols, smart contract bribery prevention, ZKPs, etc.!
Kevin Owocki's Tweet thread of presentation ‘The Future History of the Open Internet’
- ETC Labs CEO, announced partnerships with Gitcoin, Bloq and SWARM at Devcon V. ETC Labs Core is researching ETC state availability layer to help ETH scalability issues.
- Bloq announced working with ETC Labs to provide blockchain infrastructure services to the Ethereum Classic and Ethereum communities via BloqCloud.
- BloqCloud to Launch Infrastructure Services for the EthereumStack.
- Etherplan Crowdfunded Grant Proposal to the ETC Ecosystem
Exchange, Wallet News
- Metamask introducing Snaps: The Metamask Plugin System, a Web3 plugin. This is a script loaded over a verified and permissionless protocol like ENS, IPFS, or Swarm. These scripts have zero privilege by default, but will be able to request a variety of powerful wallet APIs from MetaMask, via a new API we call the wallet API.
- A massive update to the MyCrypto experience is in the final stages, and to properly wrap it up, a beta version is provided, try The New MyCrypto.
- Truffle v5.0.40 — High-flying birds and vegetables
New Projects and Protocol
- shethExecution environment for managing shard ether
Projects and Protocols update
- Aragon Chain: a proof of stake blockchain for the Aragon community
Funds and Grant
Print, Video, Podcast and Interviews
- BBC Radio 4: The Bottom Line, Cryptocurrency. Talk is focused on Libra.
Blockchain good reads
Ethereum Research by Vitalik Buterin
Research paper: A model for Bitcoin’s security and the declining block subsidy By Hasu, James Prestwich, and Brandon Curtis
Also check: EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Hackathon, Conferences, Events & Developer programs (Event Calendar)
- October 2019: ETHWaterloo II
- October 30-31, 2019: Blockchain Life 2019, Russia- Moscow
- November 8-10, 2019: ETHWaterloo
- February 9-15, 2020: ETHLagos, Nigeria
Read earlier weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. If you like it, please share with people of similar interest.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.