The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announces an Investor Advisory Committee Meeting on October 12, 2017 which is open to the public. The meeting will be webcast live and archived on the committee’s webpage for later viewing. It will begin at 10 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room at SEC headquarters at 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C.
One out of three panel discussions (agenda) of the meeting one is
“Discussion Regarding Blockchain and Other Distributed Ledger Technology and Implications for Securities Markets.”
Confirmed Speakers of the meeting are:
- Jeff Bandman, Principal, Bandman Advisors. Former FinTech Advisor at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and Director and Architect of LabCFTC.
- Michael C. Bodson, President and Chief Executive Officer, DTCC
- Nancy Liao, Associate Research Scholar in Law and the John R. Raben/Sullivan & Cromwell Executive Director at the Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Adam Ludwin, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Chain
- A representative of Nasdaq
The Investor Advisory Committee was established under Section 911 of the Dodd-Frank Act to advise the Commission on regulatory priorities, the regulation of securities products, trading strategies, fee structures, the effectiveness of disclosure, and on initiatives to protect investor interests and to promote investor confidence and the integrity of the securities marketplace.
Latest addition to committee members are Allison A. Bennington, a Partner and General Counsel at ValueAct Capital, and Mina Nguyen, a Managing Director at AQR Capital Management.
#SEC #ethereum #bitcoin #blockchain #cryptocurrency #FinTech #ICO #news